Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 145228 times)
Grinch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 04 January 2009, 08:15:18 »

In other words, Arti rejects your bronze microchip necklace. Looks to Judith in disbelieve.  speechless How dare he! ;)

And Mira, you know that a Grinchs job is NOT to get everybody in the right mood during christmas ;)

We are the good ones!
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04 January 2009, 10:03:20 »

Now that depends on what you consider to be the "right" mood for Christmas time, Grinch... evil

Alysse the Likely
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #62 on: 14 January 2009, 00:39:05 »

Okeydokey, two new Santhworld quests are now officially up in the Nepris area! :D

Nothing major, nothing too difficult, but nevertheless something entertaining I hope. They center around the Derkhan family (Pinn's parents and grandpa), and can be accessed by going straight north from the starting point and then east, there you find the Prosperous Farmhouse. If you talk to the people there you get to the two quests, which are meant for Level 1 characters, so just start anew to play this part.

As you will see the quests mainly serve to flesh out the characters you encounter, so you get to know all of them pretty well and can even change someone's opinion towards you (you can talk again to that person to get a bit of a new dialogue), same with a person that will move somewhere else based on your successes.

Okeydokey - have fun, if you have problems, let us know!

Thanks again to Judy for the pictures, also various pics from Faugar in there and Quellion of course, and Gean has a music as well integrated :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14 January 2009, 06:52:08 »

Ooo, cool!

Do you have to have finished the first quest to do them, or can they be done separately? A moot point for me, but I'm wondering anyway.

Alysse

Alysse the Likely
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #64 on: 14 January 2009, 07:04:14 »

No, no need to have the Fizzlefist quest done, Alysse. You can just play these missions with starting anew, then you have the best challenge. Just see it as an own little game. If you've done all the Fizzlefist stuff before you're already a level or two higher, the challenge would diminish drastically, as you're not going to fight against very powerful monsters in these missions.

Quest Sheet was updated in the Mysteries of Nepris page in the Games section, see here. The first two mentioned quests are the new ones.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16 January 2009, 14:50:31 »

Okay, I finished the two new quests.  This is fun!

thumbup thumbup to Art and Grinch! 

Alysse

Alysse the Likely
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #66 on: 02 February 2009, 04:33:09 »

Looks pretty cool now, I wished I had not spent so much time with the not working varieties, but with this one.

I had a look as well, a short one only though. I got the black robe, but there was standing "Red Robe" in one case. Oh yes, I succeeded to survive two attacks! :D

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #67 on: 02 February 2009, 16:15:01 »

Well, it's a... erm... colour changing robe maybe?  grin

I guess you have to blame Grinch for that one. It had always been a red robe, as it was meant to be a Firemage's robe. Now Grinch got to play it in order to balance the monsters a bit and all of a sudden the robe had changed to black - don't ask me of which cult Grinches are members of, obviously he tried to get something across by changing something that was burried somewhere in the whole room definitions... Maybe, as the official Christmas thief, a Grinch has a severe dislike for Santa Clause red? lol Anyway, of course he forgot to change all occurences of that red robe in the various descriptions, and I had to fix it. Seems something was still forgotten to adjust. For now, if you see a red or a black robe, just pretend that you're colourblind.

Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 February 2009, 03:05:18 »

Glad that you finally gave it a shot, Talia. We implemented something to summon solely for you afterall ;) Heard you sometimes play a hunter.

And about that robe. Could you imagine me wearing a robe, and a red one too? My beautiful green skin covered in that pure red. It had the highest armour value, forcing me to wear it. No way Mr. ex Sage ;) It was a pleasure for me to color it black *g Ok, I accidentally forgot to change some descriptions, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to change for the better ;)

Red robes, pfft
« Last Edit: 03 February 2009, 03:07:04 by Grinch » Logged

We are the good ones!
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #69 on: 03 February 2009, 03:44:30 »

How can I finish my link contest entry, if you lure me to find that 'hunter' specific part?

Oh yes, I'm a hunter with all my heart in WoW, probably because I can have a pet with me ....

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #70 on: 03 February 2009, 04:03:36 »

You'll have a certain "pet" as well in Santhworld somewhere, at least shortly. And it even looks like a Grinch! Pets are pretty helpful. :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 18 September 2009, 04:29:25 »

Just a little update here, so that you get an idea what we're up to:

Grinch and I are concepting and realizing further features for the Santhworld RPG environment, which will then be integrated into the next part of the Nepris game. So a few rough points what we're doing/planning:

- Improve monster intelligence, so that we can have dumb ones and more intelligent ones and maybe super intelligent ones... Until now the monster had to be placed properly so that their dumbness is counterweighted, which means basically: Monsters always moved towards the player to give him/her the chance to kill it.

Now we'll have it that way that monsters who can reach you with a range attack might let other monsters get you into a melee fight and don't get any closer. This makes the fight much more challenging and also requires that...

- The player can now advance, giving him/her the opportunity to take out a monster from afar or get to it. Some monsters might be pretty weak, but are powerful from the distance if they cast spells or can shoot arrows at you. So more tactical options with that.

- Long range attacks will be integrated properly. Actually we had the possibility already to shoot with a bow at monsters in the distance, but you didn't find any arrows, so your ammunition was unlimited. Now we'll have ammunition to collect, and we'll have different kinds of arrows and you can decide which to use when etc. - Also monsters get ammunition, some only a few arrows e.g., so that they might decide to advance after they've used up their arrows. So you see another way of getting more tactical stuff in.

- We'll change the main story in order not to make this module too long, cause right now we've focused entirely on Fizzlefist and the story was meant to continue a bit in that context, so we'll make this part of the story actually the main story. The letter you get at the beginning and right now still has no relevance will tell you that the renegade mage Fizzlefist probably is up to no good and that you should investigate that. So the story slowly but surely will move in this direction.

- Right now it is already possible in our game version to save a game state per module, which is quite important, because once you've saved your game so far you delete the old game state. We'll try to make it possible to make more save game states per module, then there should be little save game troubles.

- To make the new more compact story line working we'll make Nepris smaller than usually intended and move some rooms intended to be located further north to the swamp module, like the famous Hieronimus Kupfdrubus.

- Various smaller improvements will also be implemented like a health bar in colour, combat with a companion like Jeremy, fireplace discussions with said companion and many more things. :)

Ok, so that's a basic outline of a few ideas that we're realizing now - any kind of illustrations as results or by products of current works (swamp area, monsters, caves, weapons etc.) will be integrated whenever possible to make the experience another enjoyable addition to the current module :)

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18 September 2009, 05:15:41 »

I spent some time running around in here :D Great fun. Unless I was missing something, there seemed to be some kind of bug in it when you finished doing the killing under the house of being unable to return back to the house proper. I can't remember the precise details now. I ended up finding a command that was listed somewhere about typing in some kind of 'goto' command to get around the problem, and then I was able to go on without any trouble. I was also having great fun running around in other parts of the module ... especially encountering those slimers :D

Anyway, a +1 aura master sage from me :D

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #73 on: 18 September 2009, 05:19:44 »

I've heard that about not being able to get up to Pinn's room again, but could never reproduce it. If someone encounters it and can tell me what the message is you get when trying to get up, let me know.

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 18 September 2009, 08:48:54 »

I had another go at it now ... this time, I had no problems getting back into Pinn's room. :D

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 61
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.