Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 145036 times)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 19 September 2010, 02:25:15 »

I've been test-playing first part of Nepris II today, and I have to say: stay away from it, folks! It's too dangerous! Your Saturday afternoons will fly past, hours will seem like minutes, you will forget to eat and drink, your friends and partners will leave you, your house will tumble down around you and you won't notice.

So I've handed aura to Arti and Grinch, and also to Judy and Seeker, whose styles I recognized in some of the illustrations. The game story and the artwork combine to produce astonishing and very entertaining effects. The teaser movie, although excellent, doesn't tell you half of it!

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #136 on: 19 September 2010, 15:20:55 »

lol Glad you like it so far, Shab :) - Hope the monsters and puzzles like you as well... *muhahaha*

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #137 on: 28 September 2010, 03:26:09 »

Here's a little Santhworld update: I'll be on vacation from October 11th till 26th, which in other words means that I'll finally be able to complete the the second part of the three parts that constitute Nepris II. Meanwhile quite a bit of progress is already being made in the swamp area where Shabakuk lets his imagination run wild. The fact that I always have to catch up with integrating something there is a good sign. Thanks again to Seeker and Judy for providing pictures to help us make the swamp area a fascinating place to develop! thumbup

@Talia: You said at some point that you want to make a picture of the Nepris shrine. If that's still in your mind, please try to tackle the project within the next two months or so, because we need to realistically plan what we put in there and where.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 464

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 28 September 2010, 04:53:15 »

Talia if you decide you don't want to do the shrine and would like me to take a shot at it, let me know.  thumbup

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #139 on: 28 September 2010, 05:01:22 »

I've already started  and I'm on the way. The last months though were a bit disastrous, only today I found the time to use my tablet. I'll try to get it done, but other works like the moon-project might suffer...

Thanks Seeker for your offer, but this one I would like to do myself, especially as I have put already quite some time in it (in which you probably would have finished it ;) )

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #140 on: 29 September 2010, 17:51:55 »

Are there any requirements what the size concerns? Have the pictures to be higher than broad to fit in that window on the right side of the Santhworld screen? (senkrechte Formate)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #141 on: 29 September 2010, 19:15:49 »

It helps if pictures are higher than wide, yup. If not, I'd have to make the picture fit in to the frame.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #142 on: 26 October 2010, 15:39:11 »

Ok, last day of my vacations, so short update on the Nepris front:

Part 2 out of 3 of Nepris II is now completed, the so far missing connection to part 3 where Shabakuk's stuff awaits is now established. So it all has its current resolution and continuity and Shab and I can both work on the third part now to get it all done, but the bulk of the final part will again have to be done during vacations, which will be during Christmas time most likely.

There are only a few things that need to be done now together with Grinch in terms of balancing/defining monster strengths and capabilities in part 2, and we should have that completed during the week. Then Shabakuk can continue his playtesting and give some feedback.

General note also on the part of the game, which is already on site: I've already said somewhere that the main storyline was adjusted, so that the player basically has to investigate strange magical occurrences in and around Nepris (rather than bringing a trade treaty and gets involved in this and that). So nothing new there - what's new however if that the way the player needs to progress in the story gets a bit more additional guidance.

Which means especially that the Prosperous Farmhouse quests now definitely have to take place before the Lab is entered, and this is ensured by the way the quests are constructed. Now it cannot happen that the player misses a whole portion of the game and the balancing of the monsters also corresponds to the strengths of the player. So it cannot happen anymore that the player returns to the Prosperous Farmhouse and has levelled up several times already, and there's no challenge then in these quests. So its all better organized that way now, especially as Grinch re-balanced all monsters and effects as he replayed the whole game having all this in mind.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #143 on: 26 October 2010, 16:49:24 »

Do I have time with the shrine pic till Christmas? That would be fine, for I got a bit distracted with the floor..

Need to replay  that game soon..  give my thanks to Grinch for working offstage.

« Last Edit: 26 October 2010, 16:51:41 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #144 on: 26 October 2010, 18:21:12 »

Christmas should be fine, as we won't be done before then anyway. We can integrate the shrine without a picture for now and add it whenever it arrives. Ideally before the release date, though... :P
« Last Edit: 26 October 2010, 18:24:41 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #145 on: 26 October 2010, 18:46:02 »

I can offer the floor for a placeholder, if you wish!   grin

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #146 on: 26 October 2010, 19:18:05 »

And put a sign on top saying "Under construction..." lol

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 27 October 2010, 02:12:59 »

... the bulk of the final part will again have to be done during vacations, which will be during Christmas time most likely.

Art, I have set myself the goal of completing the major writing for the Nepris II swamp by Christmas - so if I manage that, our schedules would harmonize rather pleasingly! I hope to have some Santharia time in the Christmas break as well, so I guess I could help with fine-tuning things (swamp or otherwise), if required.

Oh, and I had an idea for the Baveras Shrine today (unless you've already got plans for it, Arti?). It's flooded, isn't it, Talia? If I was allowed to play with a flooded shrine, that would be immensely useful!  :D

Ding-dong!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #148 on: 27 October 2010, 02:30:16 »

Yep, sounds great ito aim for Christmas, Shab! We'll have some weekends between the updates till then where I can implement bits and pieces you've already put together and I can think about where to place my things as well. The complexity of course increases as well in the course of development, so Grinch also always has work to do in terms of balancing the new kinds of monsters. I've heard that there's are various new things in the fights, so they are much more challenging now - so you can try at some point replaying the game and see what's different. I'll do that for sure as well in the coming days during my midday break... :D

Anyway, after the Christmas vacations I think we should be pretty far with what we tried to achieve :)

As for the shrine: There were some basic ideas for the shrine part for the very first attempts of a game, so I'd need to check what could be useful from there. I can try to dig that out and send the document to you so that you can see what we planned back then. But if you have a cool idea and/or can combine it with what we had, I'd be happy to take it!  thumbup

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 27 October 2010, 02:34:47 »

Thanks, Arti,

I await that shrine document with eagerness! And I look forward to Grinch's new fight features.

PS: Oh, and I think your changes to the plot of Nepris I are well advised. I was one of those clueless players who didn't do the Prosperous Farmhouse challenges until very late in the game. And yes, that made them rather easy to master. (It may also have made the other parts, which I played 'prematurely', more difficult for me.) Anyway, even from the point of view of narrative and dramatic suspense, I think that the plot you are now enforcing will work best!

Ding-dong!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[12 December 2017, 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 54
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.