Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 144903 times)
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #195 on: 29 January 2011, 19:40:43 »

Oh dear.  The Santhworld module must have eaten something that caused a bad allergic reaction - because now it's got hives!

(Go check your email, my dear Sage...)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #196 on: 30 January 2011, 00:03:04 »

lol I see what you mean! *gets remedies ready* Reply per e-mail is on its way, and another aura as well, Judy!  thumbup

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #197 on: 25 February 2011, 04:24:06 »

Ok, next Nepris development round!  cool

Major work is ahead for me (and Grinch) at the office, starting with training courses in the next weeks or so, but the positive thing is: Available vacation time should be used up before the whole trouble starts, so I had to take a week of - starting tomorrow! :)

With other words: I'll head back to Nepris and will try to get more work done working towards the conclusion of part II of the game. Most likely I'll get back to work then for another week and take another week off after that, so with those two weeks for disposal chances are high that we can pretty much reach the desired end. Well, at least we'll give our best! thumbup
« Last Edit: 25 February 2011, 17:08:29 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #198 on: 25 February 2011, 16:33:04 »

I'm still busy with my parents, but Johanna leaves today, so there is a fair chance I might conquer back my comp ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #199 on: 08 March 2011, 03:23:15 »

Ok, I'm back again after a week of work on the Nepris module, and I'm very far with the actual content. Basically I still only need to do some things for the very ending (and finally get Talia's shrine in, providing I get the picture version with the very last changes - but things look good here as well).

So, in short: I only need ca. 3 full days (if I can get time off) or so to complete my stuff (quests, graphics, sound effects, scripts, item definitions and placement etc.), while in the meantime Grinch is still working on more game features (like easier inventory handling by allowing you to view only certain types if you want to) and of course scripting the encounters with the foes (abilities of monsters, spells of player/monsters, and so on). This whole scripting and balancing process is constantly going on, and slowly but surely we're nearing the end. Shabakuk made some test runs by now and made very detailed comments, and we've updated all these things to make sure that problems are reduced and fun is increased :) More testing will be necessary, though, once we have the final part completely finished.

So: We're getting there. Another huge chunk of work was done in the past week, and the day of release - while still uncertain - draws definitely closer!

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 10 March 2011, 06:27:07 »

Wahey!

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #201 on: 24 March 2011, 04:26:48 »

Yay! We now have an end sequence! :D  thumbup

Mainly one of the fights still needs some work, but given the fact that the end sequence is done in full now, all other fights are finished, and only a few items left to be adjusted, we're pretty far I guess. So much is safe to say ;)

Anyway, I've heard that Shab will be away after next week until April 12th, so it's our plan to have the game fully operational at that date with all the minor things we still have in mind also in place. Hopefully Shabakuk can then playtest the last part a final time (and we'll do so as well, earlier, if time allows), and then - if final errors are fixed - it should be time for official release of Nepris II.

P.S. So sharpen your weapons and your wits, a major challenge awaits!
« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 04:28:51 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #202 on: 25 March 2011, 04:32:59 »

BTW: Some notes in advance on changes related to the player character in the upcoming Santhworld version: With the next version you can name your character (and get addressed by other characters that way), specify gender and personalize your character portrait. I've heard that there is even a distinction of male and female screams at the fights... shocked And you can actually make up to five characters if you want and use them in the various modules (and save as many save games per character and module).

There will be five male and five female character portraits to choose from - initially, though they will be further expanded in the course of time. Furthermore you can also use an entirely personalized portrait if you have a picture in an entry on the site e.g.

Here are examples of player pics you will be able to choose from (maybe I'll still adjust the lighting somewhat, but this should serve as examples for now):

Shabakuk for example will be able to use a personalized character portrait, for his Fu Luft character (see below), as he commissioned this one from Faugar. Next to it I post an empty background, which you can use as a source to put the picture you might wish to use in.

You can prepare own character portraits to be used similar to these, though you need to make sure that you are allowed to use the picture (no pics just grabbed from somewhere on the internet, please!). The picture should have the size of 250xx319 (same as the pictures above) and should have a neutral background, which means that regardless where and when you travel (village, cave, inside, outside, night, day etc.) it represents the character, not the background. Because it looks kind of weird if you are deep down in a dungeon and your character portrait shows a blue sky as background...

So: If you send me a valid personalized pic (adding a dropshadow on the background always looks good BTW) you will receive a "personal picture code" in return, which you then can use for that specific character. Personalized portraits aren't intended to be available for others, so that they are uniquely identifiable (also especially helpful for further future online features of Santhworld).
« Last Edit: 25 March 2011, 04:37:38 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 25 March 2011, 04:51:29 »

Looking great, Art!

And also: aura for Talia for an exquisite series of pictures, filling what I believe was one of the last gaps in the illustration of the final chapter.

I can't wait to play the end of the story!

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #204 on: 25 March 2011, 08:35:50 »

Wooooo!  I want my own Bard Judith pic!   Hopefully Faugar won't mind if I photoshop the head and shoulders of his awesome illustration of me onto this neutral background, right?   

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #205 on: 26 March 2011, 00:05:26 »

Yep, I guess that's a good opportunity to use that picture, Judy :)

BTW: I might make the background a tad lighter at the standard pics presented here, otherwise it looks more like the the player character is in a cave or something... ;) But feel free to use any kind of background you like, up to you!  thumbup

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #206 on: 12 April 2011, 04:21:57 »

Again, a progress report from the Santhworld front:

Content is pretty much complete now (that is all quests, fights, animations, story points, rooms etc.), we're only tweaking some minor things and have to integrate a couple of texts once Shabakuk has done them, but there's no challenge anymore in that. I'm currently uploading everything into a test environment on the server, where we'll play through the last part of the game and basically test the fights (the quests are already tested). So this might mean some tweaking here and there as far as the strengths and strategies of the monsters is concerned, moving an item from here to there, and so on. But this should all be possible to accomplish within approximately a week's time I'd say.

With other words: I'm confident that we'll be able to release Nepris II during the next week, so stay tuned!  grin

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 13 April 2011, 20:08:46 »

Really looking forward to it ... will we need to play through part 1 of Nepris before going on to part 2, or is there some capacity for us to start at part 2? If we need to complete part 1 first, can we save progress?

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #208 on: 13 April 2011, 21:24:58 »

For those who have completed part 1 I can send them a secret keyword via PM so that they can jump right in at the last scene of the last part once we officially release the game. But if you have never played the first part you of course wouldn't understand where you continue etc. So you should have played the first part at some point to qualify for part 2.

There are some changes however with the main storyline, so players of part 1 should read the adjusted introduction when they enter the module and then use they secret keyword. There are also some minor changes in part 1 - e.g. Fizzlefist's lab will be locked at the beginning, and you have to get that key first, and by doing so we ensure that you have already accomplished the small outside quests before you go down into the lab to tackle tougher stuff. So part 1 is better balanced that way now, but you don't need to replay it. The player also gets a new inventory item, a rough map of the region he/she can look at to find the lab - this wasn't in the previous version.

Brand new features that influence the balance were designed that way that they become available with a certain level, which means that you can start distributing skill points only when you have reached part 2. Also the monsters become more sophisticated as you continue your quest - but we didn't make monsters in the first part more difficult by endowing them with more intelligence.

The further you progress the more you will notice that we implemented more graphics, more animations, more sound effects, brand new spells, additional accompanying character(s), the fights become way cooler, the story really comes into gear etc. So the beginning of course is not as exciting as the end, but if you play the game from the beginning until the end you'll appreciate the progress we've made in the past years even more... :)
« Last Edit: 13 April 2011, 21:26:51 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #209 on: 13 April 2011, 22:24:03 »

Oh, and as for saving games: The new version of Santhworld allows up to 5 savegames per module and user (and you can create up to 5 users per computer). Plus there's one autosave slot, where the program saves a position automatically once you reach a certain position. So should you unexpectedly meet your maker without having saved first, the autosave can restore your progress to a certain degree.

User names are unique BTW and game progress is stored on the Santharian server. Which means: You can start a game on a computer, save it, log in with that character on another computer and continue playing there. Until now data was only stored on your local computer, so you couldn't take your savegame anywhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 60
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.