Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 145194 times)
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #285 on: 30 April 2011, 14:31:43 »

Bwhaha la la ha ha!  (evil bardic laugh)

Grinch thought he was ahead of the game with that post count, but I have aura'ed him one up again.   Credit where credit is due, I say....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #286 on: 30 April 2011, 15:02:34 »

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out, Grinch!  thumbup The Zhunite quiz display problem has been fixed now.

The mentioned quizzes BTW not only have high score tables implemented (the first three tries are used to compute an average score), they were also "standardized" BTW. Meaning:

- They now have sounds (fail/success, result jingle) integrated which we already had in the newest quizzes.
- It is ensured that a music is playing.
- They are keyboard friendly: You can type 'A' or 'B' to select an entry from the selection list. So far the options were "Choose option A" and "Choose option B", which didn't allow that, because all the entries in the list began with the same letter.
- Selecting a category in the main menu leads you to a list displayed of quizzes on screen, then you can also select a quiz via keyboard by typing a letter as you don't need to open the selection list. The short descriptions of the quizzes are on their own screen once you've selected a quiz along with the highscore table. You won't need to scroll around to see quiz descriptions displayed all on one screen etc.

Note that especially the last item mentioned here needs to have all quizzes converted properly so that the whole Trivia module looks entirely standardized, but we're getting there. I'll see to at least convert one more quiz this weekend, maybe more.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2011, 15:07:35 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 30 April 2011, 17:22:01 »

Bwhaha la la ha ha!  (evil bardic laugh)

Grinch thought he was ahead of the game with that post count, but I have aura'ed him one up again.   Credit where credit is due, I say....

I agree with the Bard and have also aura'ed Grinch evil

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 30 April 2011, 18:40:24 »

Bwhaha la la ha ha!  (evil bardic laugh)

Grinch thought he was ahead of the game with that post count, but I have aura'ed him one up again.   Credit where credit is due, I say....

I agree with the Bard and have also aura'ed Grinch evil

Oh, oh! He laughs best that laughs last. Just wait till I have my 100 post count to aura back. Lets have a look:
7.326 posts to 257 aura
and 1.184 posts to 72 aura

An impossible undertaking you would think? .....
« Last Edit: 30 April 2011, 18:43:13 by Grinch » Logged

We are the good ones!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #289 on: 02 May 2011, 05:55:26 »

General note, once again, as we see that various people blindly grab the first Two-hander, which supposedly makes so much more damage...

Remember that a one-handed weapon gives you three rounds to attack, a two-hander only two (we'll try to stress that better somewhere in the game). If you only use one hand you can also equip a secondary weapon if you find one, or a shield.

Also: Don't just look at the highest damage a weapon deals or the best armour value of a piece of armour - there might be items in the game which make less damage but offer protection as well or can deal heavy wounds which affect the monster in further rounds etc. So take this all into consideration, and use the Equipment Overview (Q) regularly!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 02 May 2011, 06:54:33 »

hmmm ... I have only just now made it into the lab ... slow and steady I say! slow and steady!

Dek

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #291 on: 03 May 2011, 02:40:04 »

A bunch of smaller things were adjusted now, like...

- Different text when you try to use the saw at the tree.
- A definitely wrong text was removed after the blood slimer fight. (Seems nobody complained about this one aside from Shabakuk...)
- Oni's problem with a book that has bookmarks was fixed.
- Three more quizzes were converted to proper format (only the Bestiary quizzes are not converted as of yet).
- And various minor bug fixes were done as well which Dek and Alt mentioned etc.

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 03 May 2011, 02:46:39 »

I'm getting a few times where I have a problem with the script - a cosmetic one - when it flashes up something technical-looking. For example, once I tried to go north in the lab. and it said "There is no Nepris_Room_{number} for you to examine", or something like that. Just happened again, when I read the Book of Karthmor. I finish the book, press "enter" to continue, and get "You cannot find any READ-352_1_1_1 to examine here. Better try something else." It then goes on to "You close the book" and I press "Enter" again and the game is fine; but I feel this flashing up is not supposed to happen.

Ath.

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #293 on: 03 May 2011, 02:52:34 »

I'll look into the book problem... In case this happens at a certain room, let me know which room it is exactly - and if it happens repeatedly. Because due to the fact that this is an online game server connection can be a problem - so if it doesn't happen again the second time around you do the same thing, it's probably related to the connection to the server. The book problem is much more likely to be an actual coding problem.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #294 on: 03 May 2011, 02:58:47 »

Checked the book, and it all is fine from the coding side. So I assume both problems are actually related to temporary connection loss/server overload or something. Try reading the book again and see if you still encounter problems. Shouldn't be the case now.

We could perhaps try to change error messages like these to something else (or don't display them at all for the regular player unless you're an admin). That way you might not even notice that there's a connection problem, as the program continues working after that.

Oni the Beautiful

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 03 May 2011, 05:35:21 »

I'm almost sure these kind of messages flash up when one gets disconnected(may be temporarily for a few sec) from the net at the time of using the command...
To test if its the case u can log in to the game and make urslf disconnected from the internet. Now try reading things or going somewhere.. 
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #296 on: 03 May 2011, 05:58:59 »

Yep, that's right, Oni. The program itself is already downloaded, and it tries to reach something on the server, and if the connection has a problem it might fail. Even though the file is actually correctly there.

@Grinch: Can we change such texts to something like "[Connection problem... Please try again...]"? Question is, how do we know that the player didn't just mistype.... Hmmm...

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 03 May 2011, 06:00:32 »

I mistype all the time ... I also keep on trying to type look at object name instead of object name ... I get irritated about that, and curse my MUD roots :D

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #298 on: 03 May 2011, 17:05:14 »

I have sometimes problems with the choice options, they first occurred yesterday evening. A new start fixed it, but now they are back again.

E.G The save options: Not all are displayed, when I move the button.
Should I be able to autosave everytime instead of choosing a slot?

Inventory, I use Q and choose a set of items to choose which one to use.  I could not choose the beargloves yesterday, or today the close option was not clickable with the mouse, just pressing 'C' saved me to be stuck.

??

But that a minor things..

I want to give a big praise to Grinch, Art and Shaba and the main artists for creating such a great game.

I had not been convinced in the beginning, when it was planned, for I still remembered our failed attempts and the time lost put in there. And then I'm playing others such as WoW (which you cannot really compare, but why spend time in a text based adventure when a whole coloured world is available?) and what might be better comparable: Myst, Riven and what came after them.

I have now around 2300 scorepoints out of 7300 and I must say, I did not expect such a depth, such a complexity, so many great ideas... .did not expect, that it catches me so strongly. Sometimes I'm afraid to do my next step, not knowing what I will meet. I'm pleased, when I find a new equipment. That occurred to me only when leveling my first char in WoW.

I'm looking forward to what will still come, waiting to get finally out of this underground!

worship worship worship

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Oni the Beautiful

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 03 May 2011, 18:31:24 »

Ta'lia, I also faced the same problem as you  like all the slots of savgames are not shown when I click on that bar...and probably also faced some problems while using mouse instead of keyboard... But I think u wont face any of the problems if u use ur direction keys and 'enter' button to choose instead of using the mouse.. When I used the keyboard I found that everything is shown properly and working correctly..

And I am just amazed to see how much development has been done in the Equipment(Q) option and Character(C) option in Nepris II. I finished  the Nepris I too and that was good too.. but now its so much better and convenient and composed..And wht about gameplay?? I mean I've always hated turn-based roleplay/strategy game since my childhood and Nepris is 'guilty' of shattering my such mentality... And the battles in Nepris II are so interesting and challenging  (and harder than Nepris I) that almost everytime while battling I feel that the battle was designed keeping in head what the player's possible level, skillpoiont and equipments would be at that time... these are something u would expect in a big dvd game published by some renowned company rather than in a game published by a bunch of talented progammers, artists and designers and totally free!!

So really congrats you guys.... :) :) :)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 69
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.