Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 145260 times)
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #360 on: 11 May 2011, 11:19:22 »

Coming down to see if she can pilfer anything from the kitchens for a late breakfast, the Bard nearly stumbles over an unmoving body on the threshold of the Compendium's Great Hall.

'What the feff?' she utters as she catches herself on the doorframe and bends a fingernail back, painfully.

She stoops to turn the figure over and sees a nasty welt rising on its forehead.

'Right, then,' she mutters to herself.  'Either this poor fellow has been attacked right here in the middle of the Compendium, or has simply been too clumsy... wait, he looks positively famished... and are those claw marks on the left arm?  Where under the One's sun has he been wandering?'

She lifts her bardic voice in a peremptory yelp and awakens a drowsy page who has been loitering by the minstrel's gallery at the end of the Great Hall.  "Off to the kitchens, m'lad:  broth, water, fresh bread, and I want a damp CLEAN cloth and some Brandi's ointment for his head!'   The boy scampers off, and she turns her attention back to the injured young man.

Is he stirring?  Still unconscious?  Nasty bump there, bit of broken skin in the middle.  Have to get some food into him slowly....   she thinks to herself as she waits for him to recover.....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #361 on: 11 May 2011, 14:53:09 »

@Talia: Very strange... Never happened to me... Question is whether this is program, component, browser or computer related... Hmmm...

@Oni: clap clap Applause, applause for Oni! (@Judy: Though I'm still not sure if Oni's a he or a she...) Anyway: number1

Looks like you had a bunch of attempts at the last fight, but there's nothing you can't handle! Hope you enjoyed the story and are looking forward to a possible part III sometime next millennium :) computer

And in the meantime you might try another Santhworld game if you haven't already, like "The Enemy Stirreth" or "Uninvited", even though they're more adventures/stories and not that long.

P.S. If you enjoyed the game we'd appreciate any general player feedback, so maybe if you're bored you could write a little review or something - we'll see to collect players' voices on an own page eventually, so that other players know in advance what to think about the thing they're getting into :)

P.P.S. Some further smaller problems you mentioned will be fixed soon, so that every goes smoothly for future players! :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #362 on: 11 May 2011, 16:29:45 »

Art, this happened with my actual relatively new Mac, which runs the Snow leopard and as a browser the firefox, newest version also. Here I have a this old Mac(G3), running with Mac OS X version 10.3.9 and an old firefox . Back at home, I can use another browser to see, if it happens with it as well. I had a couple of days, where it did not happen though.

Maybe ask Oni, what for system he/she uses.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #363 on: 11 May 2011, 16:48:19 »

It could be a memory problem. What you could try is to give Flash more memory. Usually you accomplish this by right-clicking on the Flash application (anywhere on the Santhworld screen) and then you can increase memory in the options there. Usually Flash has 100 KB available. Try adjusting that to a higher value.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2011, 16:57:13 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 12 May 2011, 01:54:09 »

Congratulations to Oni for being the first to make it through Nepris II alive!

Or should that be: almost alive?

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Oni the Beautiful

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 12 May 2011, 03:54:35 »

Oni opens his eyes, having a dizzy sensation as droplets of water and unknown liquids are sprayed on his(!) face. Although the apparent conscious state is about to alter to faintness again as he watches the legendary Bard Judith staring at him with her enthusiastic full eyes.

Bard, seemingly guessing his mental condition, tries to appease him, "Hello there stranger.. I see you have gone through some tough time or terrible places recently as your condition says" and with a serene smile continues, "Anyway whatever happened earlier out there; you are in a safe place now and can feel at home."

Oni feels a sense of relief to hear that as he vaguely recollects, this is the same Bard he had heard of even while in his adventure through the swamps in pursuation of the black slimer, although he doesnt happen to acquaint with her directly till now...

@Arti: Thanks! Anyway I dont know about review, but I do know that I will write a thing or two regarding the last battle when the other players will go that far. Because with due respect to them I cannnot help saying that the last battle is virtually unwinnable and I really rwonder how many will cross the last hurdle if the difficulty remains the same as it is now.. just my feeling though

And playing other modules now?? Yeah maybe, but I was wondering if none is ever gonna reckon that perhaps I might be just good enough to contribute in santharia too? by writing entries maybe?? I mean comeon.. the newbies are always advised and patronised how and why they should start and I am not given the slightest of inkling about that even after gaining 6 aura and finishing no.1 in the Nepris(Now I dont consider myself a newbie though evil )!! So sad....

@Grinch:Hi Grinch.. I dont know if u follow this thread. But if u do(hopefully!) I'd like to kindly(!) ask you that did you design the last battle having in mind that every player will go there with 16 health serum and 3 elixirs in hand accompanied by 2 fireshake-cube and 3 mesmerize-scroll and others??!! And that every player will plan the first 9-10 moves in this battle lilke a game of chess?? And that players will not commit a single wrong move in a 38 round battle??Well, if u did want to design this such a way then congrats, u pulled it off!! But if u didnt then I'm afraid u've designed something virtually invincible.

(P.S. Grinch what i said was from general POV.. but my personal POV is it was one of the most enjoyable battles along with the swamp-stalker battle if not the most :) )

@Shabakuk: thanks! alive or almost alive? Let me tell u my story.. Its weird that I actually finished it twice!! how? first time after trying 2.15 hours I managed to win the last battle(33 rounds) with 3 health serums in hand.. so I was alive!  But unfortunately my browser made problem and the game hanged.. And so I had to start the game again.. The second time(after 45 minutes later) I won the battle again(38 round this time)! But it was pretty close though.. I didnt have any health serum or elixir left and I would almost surely die had the battle continued for 1-2 more round.. so I was merely alive!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #366 on: 12 May 2011, 04:15:27 »

lol I really wonder how you could pull off the last battle the way you describe it, because there's a much simpler way to do it... I'lmgonna PM you in a minute!

Anyway, if you want to contribute to the Dream, we'd be happy to have you of course as well!  thumbup
« Last Edit: 12 May 2011, 04:23:20 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 12 May 2011, 06:54:07 »

Yes! Yes! Lure them in and catch them with the developing bug! *Capers - I love that word, Caper - Capers madly*

In all seriousness, if you want to contribute please, please do. We're all happy to welcome newcomers.

Ath

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Grinch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 13 May 2011, 03:15:46 »

Congratulations Oni for being the first to finish the second part. Not an easy task at all to put it short.

Of course I do follow this thread and I heared you had already some PM with Artimidor about the confusion of the final fight. I don't have much time right now and will comment on it later, but for now just let me say that the effort you put in to win the fight in this constellation was not for nothing, because I even considered this scenario and defined a special item as reward.

I don't want to reveal to much for now, but there will be a small hall of fame module coming soon with some statistic - and you probably are the only one with all the special items you can acquire up to now. At least something  ;)

We are the good ones!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #369 on: 13 May 2011, 04:04:14 »

BTW: I've also implemented a few things dealing with the final passages which make it easier for the player to see how to approach that part. One more adjustment is still to come, and then I think this part shouldn't be that much of a problem anymore for everyone. Challenging and tough, but definitely manageable! :)

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 13 May 2011, 05:16:30 »

And playing other modules now?? Yeah maybe, but I was wondering if none is ever gonna reckon that perhaps I might be just good enough to contribute in santharia too? by writing entries maybe?? I mean comeon.. the newbies are always advised and patronised how and why they should start and I am not given the slightest of inkling about that even after gaining 6 aura and finishing no.1 in the Nepris(Now I dont consider myself a newbie though evil )!! So sad....
Oni, I'd be delighted if you decided to join the development team. Newbie or not, you could make a thread in the Newbie & Joining Forum and tell us about your interests and/or ideas ... and about yourself, if you want...

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Oni the Beautiful

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 15 May 2011, 04:38:17 »

@Grinch: While playing Nepris again in order to fulfill some additional quests I missed earlier, this time I used the so-called 'simple' strategy(that Arti had pointed me out through PM) in the final battle . And now I see the difference between rewards for playing it the easy-way and the hard-way.. And considering the reward, I think its worthwhile to play it the hard-way. But what I am impressed about is that u considered the possibility of sm1 playing it the hard-way and gave them something 'extra' too.. Because I think one of the measurement of how standard a game is, is its diversity and versatility in letting the player do the same task in numerous ways.

@Shabakuk: Thank you for your support :)
« Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 04:49:56 by Oni the Beautiful » Logged
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 16 May 2011, 18:36:19 »

hmmmm ... I am sick of dying in Nepris II.

I think I shall instead write entries :D

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #373 on: 16 May 2011, 19:07:20 »

Come on, Dek, you have several lives there!

Though writing entries is a good idea also *looks guiltily at her unfinished projects*

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 16 May 2011, 19:11:03 »

If I was a cat, I would have already had all 9 of my lives

If I was a time lord, I would have well and truly burnt through all of my regenerations :D

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 56
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.