Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Azhira!  (Read 8030 times)
Azhira Styralias

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« on: 11 July 2008, 04:27:34 »

I broke down and made it possible to bell ring me.

Sooo...someone ring me and make me feel needed, will ya?  cool

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2008, 17:07:23 »

I read your request in Art's bell-ringing. I assumed you don't need a good map, just any map, so I copied part of the monstermap for you. If you want a bit more or less, just tell me, I'm back on Monday. You can add things and maybe Smee or anybody else has time to draw a small map for you.

Here

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2008, 19:51:17 »

Yup, that is what I was looking for Talia.  thumbup This and Judy's helpful hints will give me a direction to go now. That is a big forest!  shocked

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2008, 02:26:06 »

The Northern Eyelian Tribes
My idea – Ta’algor and his brothers – three mythical Eyelians who took their tribe to the South of Sarvonia, and created the Eyelian empire. However, they were not the only Eyelians to flee from the Kingdom of Loreny. The three brothers sailed with four other Eyelian representatives. Whether these were also related to Ta’algor, or if they were separate individuals is unknown. What is known is that the four lost Eyelians, as they are known, landed in Northern Sarvonia, after a visoucs storm in the middle of the ocean. They were diverted, and settled in the harsh, unforgiving northern lands.
Today, relatives of the Eyelians survive in the north. They are a very different people, however. They are not kind. They are bitter. They did not emerge as a prominent power. They met discrtimination. The Mahepno, Aseke, Veho, and Kotena people are now known as the Mavek. They bear a similarity to their Southern cousins, but bear a great hatred for these people.

So, Az’. Here are your northern Eyelians. You like?

Mahepno (Spiderturtle) Clan:
Members of the Mahepno clan have the gift of stoicness and endurance. These people were the most aggressively targeted, as they refused to alter their beliefs or culture at all to please Sarvonians.
As a result, very few Mahepnos are left, and those that survive live in tiny all-Mavek fishing villages.

Aseke (Wolverine) Clan:
These people are an aggressive, hardworking group of Eyelians that make excellent warriors. While they retain no settlements of their own, they have cosmopolotized to a far greater extent than any other Mavek, often joining regiments of other races, or traveling mercenary companies.

Veho (Ox) Clan:
These people are at one with the natural world around them, to a greater extent than any other Mavek clan. They live in natural structures, or artificial ones that do not disturb the environment, or appear to be a part of it. The Veho people were not targeted for persecution- they could not be found! As such, they retain their woodland and prairie homes, and rarely leave. They are an isolationist clan, and sadly, one that is nearing extinction.

Kotena (Taurin) Clan:
These people are gifted with the best farmers and merchants, and have created a small trading empire. Much like the Aseke people, they have become very cosmopolitan, melding with other cultures easily. Unfortunately, they have lost much of their heritage through this. They do however, share a notable cultural detail with the Kuglimiz. They are notorious trick-riders. However, while the Kuglimiz ride horses, the Kotena people ride bulls!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2008, 11:33:05 »

Hey Nsiki, this looks interesting indeed.  thumbup

Ok...so you're saying that an existing Eyelian tribe now exists in the North? I thought we were to have them be an extinct clan that left behind some ruins and/or relics for the Kaaer? If so, perhaps one of these clans could work...but I do wonder about the possibilities of another tribe as that would require a massive undertaking to integrate them...fortunately for me, the Kaaer were already in an undeveloped peninsula and that made it easier for me to integrate them into the world.

Unless, this clan happens to be in Iol, then, like Caaehl'heroth, they could be integrated in a relatively undeveloped area...but I am not so sure as I don't want to develop any major lands or tribes right now (other than the Black Gnomes)...

Let's discuss how your tribes became extinct leaving behind some ruins...I really like that idea better.  thumbup

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2008, 11:55:06 »

Well then, keep these the same, but say they were all wiped out as a cause of their persecution. Keep in mind, this would be... 8-10 thousand years ago.
Maybe, though, the occasional Eyelian exists in the north. Only in heavily developed areas, perhaps, where the few scant survivors emigrated. As in, one city perhaps has a single hundred Eyelian population or so, that represents a combination of characteristics of the Aseke and Kotena clans. Cheap labour that likes riding horses, essentialy. Just a little cultural oddity in.... Naurooth, perhaps. Maybe there's even an Eyelian working in the menangerie there? Or maybe in an as yet undeveloped town.

But, for the most part, the only Eyelian aspects are some scant ruins along the coastline, detailing a much stronger community that has since been wiped out.

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2008, 04:56:25 »

If we can explain the introduction of a lost Eyelian clan in the North who left some ruins, that would be wonderful and far easier to do.

Remember that any current Eyelian tribe in the North, however small and odd, would need explained as well. You'd need to update any Eyelian history to reflect the lost clans. But, that can be done anytime later.

For now, I think the first step would be to develop the lost clan(s) more thoroughly and perhaps make an entry for them, how they separated and how they came to settle in the North and what kinds of ruins they left behind. You'd need to explain how they managed to build the ruins and what kinds of opposition they faced, most likely from orc tribes. Essentially, you'd be developing a whole new clan following the tribe template. Not something that can be done quickly.

This is not an urgent need and will require more fleshing out to make it seamless. I don't want to simply drop the Eyelians in the North for the heck of it as it would seem rushed and tacked on, so let's make this a long term project for now. Any further discussions can be made in a separate entry so as not to fill up my bell-ringing thread.  ;)
« Last Edit: 12 August 2008, 04:58:43 by Azhira El´rosse » Logged

seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2009, 06:31:27 »

talia said to give you a bell, to look at this myth - http://www.santharia.com/dev/index.php/topic,13278.msg163082.html#msg163082
but now i'm going to fill my eyes with cold water. aaargh!
« Last Edit: 18 January 2009, 06:33:58 by seth ghibta » Logged

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2009, 02:22:08 »

Greetings, fair maiden. (creep creep, grovel grovel)

I have completed the Forget-Me-Nut entry, integrated comments, and now await your esteemed view of this bush, as caretaker of the Mists around which it lives.

Thanking you in eager anticipation......Tharoc Wargrider, esq.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
seth ghibta
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 138

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2009, 01:36:41 »

Hi Azhira,
I don't know if you've noticed the hiveling entry I've been working on - Alysse had some briliant ideas about giving half orce - i.e the Kaaer, the ability to communicate with them a little, as the hivelings use gesture and body language to communicate, and the Kaaer are pretty sensitive to that kind of thing, i think. what's your opinion? here's the link, but please don't feel you have to read it all, I think the tuff that's relevant is mainly in spcial abilities and habitat/behaviour.
http://www.santharia.com/dev/index.php/topic,13610.msg168898.html#msg168898

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.

Santharia needs your molluscs! donate molluscs now!
Miraran Tehuriden

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2009, 03:08:15 »

Azzy, i've finished a first version of That-Which-Devours in the bestiary section, and i'd love to hear what you think!

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Jenna Silverbirch
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

Hobbit Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2009, 21:51:13 »

Hullo, azhira :)

I'm thinking of creating a rather horrible predator for northern sarvonia- a sort of huge, long limbed, leathery skinned reptilian hound. While I'm planning there have been sightings of it all over caael'heroth, as it's more rumour than reality, I was wondering if my little creature might be allowed to be mainly concentrated around the delightfully ghoulish mists? Or are the mists already too full of nasty things for another creature?

The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
-William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Development schedule
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2009, 00:13:38 »

The Mists are never too full of nasty beasties! There is not a whole lot in the Mists anyway. Most of the creatures are mythical, having not been seen in many centuries. A beast that is honestly known to exist in the Mists recently would be nice. It could give the Mist Hunters something to use perhaps as a tracking animal? Since Garret won't let me have wargs in Caaehl'heroth, we can use these reptilian things instead. Could they be used as mounts?  :)

Jenna Silverbirch
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

Hobbit Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 December 2009, 00:50:29 »

Oh, excellent! They're going to be right at home in the mists, I'm sure  evil They were believed to be mythical until only a few years ago, when a corpse was found and brought to a researcher for dissection.

Sadly, for 'being at home in the mists' read 'inherently nasty and carnivorous'. They'd be no good as mounts unless drastically rewritten :(

But that doesn't mean I couldn't write a mist-dwelling reptile mount that the hunters would be able to tame as well, mind you. In fact, I'd love to- it'd make an excellent entry. What d'you think?
« Last Edit: 13 December 2009, 00:52:04 by Jenna Silverbirch » Logged

The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
-William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Development schedule
Azhira Styralias

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2009, 12:00:47 »

That's fine, Jenna! I'd love another nasty for the Mists. Perhaps they were found in the more western areas of the mists region. I have several nasties in place along the south and east fringes, so maybe the west would work. And a mount creature for the Mist Hunters I could very well use. I am writing their entry and using horses wouldn't work. A reptilian creature would be excellent! Or...maybe that giant bat creature I proposed?  :D

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Yesterday at 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1039
Latest: baracude
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 54
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.