Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rhom Warg ("Morgur", "Nite'arg")  (Read 2460 times)
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« on: 25 May 2009, 10:45:03 »

Rhom Warg ("Morgur", "Nite'arg")

Rhom Warg is the name for the Domestic breed of the wargs that roam the Heath of Wilderon. Their wild cousins that lives on the outskirts of the Heath are known by another name ...

Appearance: At a little over a ped and a fore, give or take a few nailsbreadths, the Rhom Warg falls just beneath the 'average' height for these beasts. However, they are still ridiculously large predators, which can be seen in their two peds of length and the pygge and eight hebs that is the standard height for them. While not considered overly large for their kind, when peered upon by humans, elves, or other races that are unfamiliar with the creatures, they seem like they can't be off this world. Many comment that wargs appear to have just jumped out of the mind of a storyteller and the Rhom Warg is no exception.

Unlike most other wargs, the Rhom Warg has a shorter, somewhat stubby muzzle with a rather large grey and black nose, giving it a bearish appearance. The thick black fur that grows on the muzzle makes it look thicker than it really is and mostly conceals the four long greyish fangs that stick out of the upper jaw. There are two on either side of the mouth with the front ones hanging about six or seven nailsbreadths below the upper lip, with the back ones hanging only two or so below the upper lip.

Any that meet this creature might notice that rather wide-set eyes stare back, half hidden beneath heavy eyelids. This gives their eyes the impression of being small and clearly shows that their sight is not their strongest ability. The dull amber eyes of these wargs can be clearly seen for the most part despite the thick fur around its face and heavy eyelids. Those that peer long enough into the amber depths that a hint of green can be seen in the light. Even though one reputed researcher has claimed to witness this, many still doubt the strange glint of colour some say they see.

Aside from the rather bulky fur all over this creature's head, its ears are mostly bare of fur. The long, thick fur is clipped off their ears by the Rhom-oc Orcs so that it doesn't hinder their hearing in any way, as it is believed to come in second behind their sense of smell. The fur is cut as close to the ear as possible. Sometimes the hair is longer than others or the hair on the two ears is different lengths due to the warg's temperament, the person's lack of experience, or the amount of value that hand has to the orc.

The Rhom Warg is a rather thick set beast that is obviously comfortable moving around with or without a rider. Its shoulders are spread wider than those of other wargs, but not as much as the Rast Warg. Thick, muscled legs add to the overall bear-like appearance, though this beast has overly long legs. However, they have unusually small paws, which often confuse hunters, who, when following the tracks are expecting a wolf, but find something that can only be described as a wolf-bear beast.

The thick black fur that covers the warg’s body has to be cut by the Orcs that tend to them and use them as mounts because it gets too long and tangled. If left untended the coat of this animal has been known to grow so much that it reaches the ground, which went taking in the height of the animal, is a lot of hair. Most wargs are cared for enough that their fur doesn’t reach that length often as it effects the animal and riders performance. When cut, the hair is jagged and is only a few nailsbreadths at most, but the fur grows back swiftly and within a couple of weeks its hair is between a two palmspans and a fore in length.

Special Abilities:

Territory:

Habitat/Behavior:

Diet:

Mating:

Usages:

Myth/Lore/Origin:

Researchers:

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2009, 10:47:06 »

Alright, so the last couple days delay has been my fault. Anyways, figured I'd get this up for Seeker so I don't hold up his project any more. Sorry for the delay.

The rest of this entry and hopefully the Hellhound (apperance) at least should show up before December. Gotta balance Canine stuff with Kyranian and Aohu'o stuff once I get back :D.

Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2009, 12:34:09 »

Thanks Garret.  This looks great.  I like that this warg looks different than other wargs.  I will change up my Gouran pic so the Warg looks like this one.  I will save the old version for something else.  Have a great trip, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Decipher Ziron

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2009, 23:21:03 »

Plan on finishing this anytime soon Garret?

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2009, 00:15:34 »

Nope. Posted the apperance for Seeker for a picture. Won't get around to it until I return from travelin' or at least return to the states. Return to the states three months after the 15th of this month. As for travelin' it might be 8-12 months. *Shrugs*

Drasil Razorfang

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2009, 00:23:12 »

Aww.  I was looking forward to this one.  Well I guess that gives me something to look foward to then. ;)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]