Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brownie Entry and Update Proposals  (Read 1385 times)
Rookie Brownbark

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« on: 30 December 2009, 23:46:50 »

Here you can find a comprehensive list of all the Brownie-related areas that need attention, either entries that could do with an update, things that have been mentioned and need a new entry, or just vague holes in an otherwise brilliant tribe or culture.  Please post below to claim something.

Entries Needing an Update

Quick Fixes
Ethnic Groupings

More Substantial Rewrites
Brownie Tribes and Settlements
Shaman

Complicated, Larger Entries
The Brownie Race
Brownie Beliefs
History
Memnoor Brownies
Milken Brownies
Llaoihrr Brownies

Entry Proposals
(Please post if you have any proposals, or would like to reserve one.)

Bestiary

Herbarium
Rrihoorr Moss[Lit: Lightening Crop]
Search Link: The Council Tree, in the Fauna section.  But it might be easier to just quote the passage where it is mentioned:
Another persistent pest is the Styruine Round Worm.  This horrible little grub is known to attack the precious winter stores which are kept in the storage rooms under the Council Tree.  Fortunately the Brownies have discovered a simple way of getting rid of it – they attract it to certain parts of the cellars with generous handfuls of rrihoorr moss, a crop which can often be found growing alongside Greenbark moss and has a strange spicy flavour.  The Brownies then collect up all the worms and eat them.  This bug seems to have a preference for this spicy plant, and can be easily rounded up for the pot.  It  goes nicely with any dark green leaves, and adds a good, slightly spicy flavour when mashed into a sauce.
Details: Spicy in flavour and mosslike, otherwise feel free to make it up. It is used as bait for Styruine Round Worms, but could be used for other things too - eaten by the Brownies, as a dye, a bedding....or pretty much anything else.

Races, Clans and Tribes
Unnamed Rat Brownie Tribe (or tribes) Living Under Milkengrad
Search Link: Mentioned briefly in the Rat Brownie Entry
Details: Definitely some Mud Rat Brownies, although could be other varieties too.

Unnamed Rat Brownie Tribe (or tribes) Living Under Nymersys
Details: None.  Choose a type of Rat Brownie and make up some culture in keeping with the general Rat Brownie description.

Unnamed Rat Brownie Tribe Living Under Strata
Details: None.  Choose a type of Rat Brownie and make up some culture in keeping with the general Rat Brownie description.

Unnamed Rat Brownie Tribe Living Under New Santhala
Details: Definitely some Mud Rat Brownies, although could be other varieties too.

People
Drou Birchbark
Search Link: Artificial Brownie Wings
Details: The record holder for the longest flight with Brownie Wings.  She got her record in 1659 for 24 peds, 2 fores and 5 palmspans.

Fjorek Rigvinn
Details: The Avennorian inventor who tried to adapt the wings for human use with disastrous consequences.

RrLLee'ou Greenbark
Details: The Llaohirr inventor and historian who managed to bring the wings back into fashion with a new, more modern design.

Tee'n Brownbark
Details: The some-time poet and traveller who writes poems in both Tharian and Browniin.

Places

History

Cosmology, Myths and Religion

Magic

Languages and Runes
Modern Browniin for the Llaoihrr
Search Link: Old Browniin was made into a dictionary here, but we have nothing on newer versions of the language
Details: I would like to see a more user-friendly language that looks as if it could be spoken on an everyday basis.  It should be based on the Old Browniin though.

Library
Myths, tales and stories about any Brownies are always welcome.

Miscellaneous
The Everbark
Search Link: Mentioned in the Birni Brownies and Keekoo
Details: An adlemir tree that was hollowed out and infused with Life Magic in the Birni Era so that it would never decay.  It was used to store documents and scrolls, which were discovered much later by Keekoo the Deliverer.  These records gave us all the info we now have on the Kingdom of Birn, including many secrets of Life Magic and the original Brownie Spiritism.

"iheh aiehaheh" or "The Wood Soothing Device"
Search Link: Brownie Bead Industry
Details: This is a Llaoihirr gadget made from wood, is used to smoothe and sand beads in the Vale of the Brownies.  This is basically a barrel set on an axel so that it can spin pretty easily, and either powered by turning a handle, or more often by a rat which has been specially trained to walk in a treadmill. The beads are put into the barrel along with a few handfuls of sand which rubs against the wooden pieces and smoothes them. One single bead will often be put into several different barrels, each with finer and finer grades of sand.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2011, 06:12:23 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Rookie Brownbark

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2011, 06:11:40 »

The Wood Owl Usages section has been kindly completed by Drasil, so I shall strike it off the list  thumbup

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2011, 05:55:57 »

Wood Smoothing Device is also complete.  Just awaiting your comments for final touches. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[12 December 2017, 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 74
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.