Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Enemy Stirreth  (Read 4630 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 23 February 2010, 04:06:37 »

Here's just some general information to let you all know: Seeker is working on a Santhworld module on his own, which will be presented in a format, which was recently discussed a bit somewhere already: It resembles role playing games you find in books where you have to make a decision and then the story branches into certain directions (e.g. do you want to attack the troll then read on at page 3, if you want to head north go to page 4 etc.) While you won't have an inventory and battle scenes like in the Nepris module it is definitely an entertaining way to have a little Santharian adventure and accomplish a mission :)

Seeker already has a complete draft of the whole adventure done, and I've helped getting the first pages prepared with the Santhworld engine - there will be a bunch of pics in the story as well of various artists, and Seeker will illustrate some things as well to round it all up and make sure there's enough to see. We'll also add music and sound effects, so I hope the rest of the tale will - once we have it prepared - be as entertaining as the first pages already promise!

Will take a while till we get a final version on site as Seeker will be away for a bit in the next weeks plus he also needs to draw a few things - but just wanted to let you know that we're on it! - Great work so far, Seeker!  thumbup
« Last Edit: 13 April 2010, 22:23:56 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2010, 04:10:48 »

Sounds great!  Looking forward to it, Seeker. :)

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2010, 04:22:31 »

I always loved those choose your own adventure books <G>. Especially the ones on which 'page 13' was the page that you never wanted to get as something bad would happen to you on that page.

So, I can hardly wait for this :)

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2010, 04:24:38 »

At a future date, Arti, how hard would this format be to convert to a Santhworld Module?  This might be a good way for people to create these kind of adventures, then the best of them can be made into full fledged Santhworld adventures.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2010, 04:41:35 »

It's not much of a problem at all to convert such a story that someone has put down on paper to Santhworld, Alt. I managed to do the first test pages pretty fast, so no trouble at this front. In order to get the story illustrated a bit there's of course some creativity necessary, and from what I see with Seeker's module he looked at existing pictures in order to help making it part of the story, and of course as an artist yourself you have the possibility to draw something and get key pictures in...

But all that is really required to do such a module is creativity - any ideas to be realized as a module are welcome, I'd be glad to help get it done in Santhworld :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 464

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 February 2010, 05:04:24 »

Thanks Art

Just as a teaser I will let you all know that you may or may not come across some familiar faces in this story, and you may or may not survive the story.  All depends on the choices you make.  I am hoping you find the story entertaining (even if you fail a couple times before you get it right  ;))

Regardless of whether or not you like this particular story.  I am hoping some of you see value in this format to showcase the work of many members in fun and interactive Santhworld stories that YOU can write.  Of course Art still needs to integrate these stories into Santhworld,  but it is not as time consuming as the larger Nepris-type modules.

Once Art and I work out the kinks and post the story, we will provide a template you can use to submit similar format stories if you would like.  Quite frankly., the hardest part is finding enough pictures to use.  So creating stories around already illustrated entries is the way to go. 

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Sordoc

Gained Aura: 5

"The Great"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February 2010, 06:42:57 »

Think of the possibilities for Sordoc the Great to express the greatness that is Sordoc the Great in one of these stories.

The Problem with poet, is how do you know it's deceased?
Try the priest!
Grinch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2010, 06:50:19 »

I can tell you that I died already at the beginning, altought I guessed it would end like this. I kinda smelled the rat ;) I loved those kind of books too. Back in the days of my boarding school, every weekend we had a small book exhibition, and every time my parents bought me a new one - I guess they were happy to see me read at least something. Those books always made my day :)

And I can tell you, I always cheated, yeah I cheated a lot and I'm very disappointed that it's no longer possible in santhworld. Damn time evolution  lol
« Last Edit: 23 February 2010, 06:54:11 by Grinch » Logged

We are the good ones!
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2010, 06:54:46 »

I read them too, which is why I asked about the conversion process.  I had thought about how to create a Santhworld module, but was a bit intimidated by that.  But these, I think I had written a couple for my brothers when we were kids.  I might give this a go at some point.  Depending on how badly I get through Seekers. rolleyes

Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2010, 10:41:46 »

@Grinch Ditto. I was one of those that dog-eared previous choices in case I wanted to go back and do it over. I think I'll take notes.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2010, 23:51:09 »

Dog-ear a book?  shocked Blasphemy!

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 24 February 2010, 05:25:53 »

Quote from Grinch:

I can tell you that I died already at the beginning, altough I guessed it would end like this. I kinda smelled the rat...

So spoke the hero at the gates of heaven, wondering why he finds himself up there nevertheless... lol

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 February 2010, 05:40:09 »

The Fighting Fantasy series were written by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston. I had a ball in my school days, convincing my friends that the Steve Jackson they were all enthralled by was, in fact, me!  evil Well, it kept me amused, anyway.

Seeker isn't the only one working on a new game for Santhworld, y'know. I know of at least two others who have got a mapped out and are currently drawing illustrations and designing fiendish puzzles to fit into the tale.

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2010, 05:52:58 »

A-ha... Guess our silently watching orcish f(r)iend must have something up his sleeve then... Well, good, good, we can't have enough tales, puzzles and games :)

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 February 2010, 06:28:07 »

I couldn't possibly comment.  ;)

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 60
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.