Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Ash'Mari men religion section  (Read 14069 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #60 on: 28 January 2011, 05:12:03 »

Had a closer look at this as well, Alexandre, so here are a few notes:

As far as I can see this is planned as an entry of its own. Actually it's already executed that way with the proper sections pretty much in place, so no problem from my side in this regard. Could use an Overview, though, summarizing the whole thing.

While I get the main outline some things are a bit unexplained, though, at the moment. Always remember that someone who hasn't even heard what the Ash'mari are might stumble upon this entry - so don't forget to mention early on that they are barbarians, where they live and from what they developed and their relationship to the Diorye'oleal elves. And explain the "Burning Night", which also is taken for granted when it is first mentioned. Just to prepare the environment in which you're operating :)

Pantheon: It looks as if the Ash'mari pantheon isn't set in stone, because the Diorye'oleal elves are also worshipped as minor deities, so these might change from time to time. Is the main pantheon also subjected to changes? Values might be different depending on the circumstances of the Ash'mari, and it doesn't look as if they are that organized. So how definite is the pantheon? Are you picking out key Gods in this entry and explain them, are their regional differences, or is it a clearly defined pantheon?

The question of hierarchy is a bit shaky as far as I can see, or not explained enough yet. You mention six Gods, who stand above the Diorye'oleal, who you say are minor deities. All of them? Or only specific ones? What exactly is the position of Ian'fa? As you write "He is attributed with the creation and delegation of the three lesser gods over the Ash'mari." With the lesser Gods do you mean the Diorye'oleal? Three Diorye'oleal "Gods"? Is he the most important God then, as he actually creates three more Gods? These basic things need to be made a bit clearer in the first sections for me!
« Last Edit: 28 January 2011, 05:14:46 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Alexandre Scriabin

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28 January 2011, 07:44:48 »

What I'm gleaning from this is that you want me to be more specific about what I'm referring to, and you want me to put some of the precedent research into the entry (as in, noting that they are barbarians, explaining in detail their history and how it affects their religion).

I think I've soaked up a lot of what you guys want from me, so I'll get back to work on the entry.

"If there is anyone here whom I have not insulted, I beg his pardon."

Johannes Brahms
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #62 on: 28 January 2011, 08:28:49 »

I thought so far, that it should be an addition to the tribe entry - was that not planned in the beginning? Does not the heading still point to that? I can't find the original thread right now though. Why did nobody say something, when I talked about an extra religion entry, that this might be an option, that this should be already that extra religion entry? What I said, that prevalence etc is not necessary here aimed of course at the tribe's addition, not an extra submission.

Ok, if that is an entry in itself and not the addition to the tribe entry ---->  what Alysse said.

I leave this now to Azhira and Alysse, otherwise I get not around with my works.

*waves*

If there any special questions, Alexandre, just bellring me!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29 January 2011, 08:38:32 »

Well, I'm sad to see you go. You've required the clarity from me that I would want someone to prod me to produce.

Johannes Brahms
Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06 February 2011, 15:18:36 »

Pantheon: It looks as if the Ash'mari pantheon isn't set in stone, because the Diorye'oleal elves are also worshipped as minor deities, so these might change from time to time. Is the main pantheon also subjected to changes? Values might be different depending on the circumstances of the Ash'mari, and it doesn't look as if they are that organized. So how definite is the pantheon? Are you picking out key Gods in this entry and explain them, are their regional differences, or is it a clearly defined pantheon?

Hmmm... Well Arti the Ash'mari are a fairly centralized people, seeing as they are a group of slaves. So I can't imagine why there would be a regional or cultural effect on the religion, that changes it amongst different Ash'mari. I'm pretty open about the issue, though.

As for the rest of it, I'll get to clearing things up.

Johannes Brahms
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #65 on: 09 February 2011, 05:32:54 »

Well, that's what I'm asking myself: Are the Ash'mari "centralized" and form a completely consistent group of slaves? Or do the Diorye'oleal mainly use them for their own purposes, trying to suppress everything that gives them identity - like allowing them a religion shared by all the Ash'mari. Or would they more try to separate them, try to counteract everything that could eventually be dangerous for them, intent on shattering their traditions, so that they'd develop in different directions?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09 February 2011, 15:42:01 »

But we have no evidence to go off of here either way, Arti. What is it that you want me to do? I honestly don't feel that the Hidden Wind Elves would have taken enough of an interest in the Ash'mari to manipulate them at that level.

Johannes Brahms
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #67 on: 09 February 2011, 15:55:28 »

I'm just posing the question, Alexandre ;) Personally I don't really have a preference.

Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10 February 2011, 18:41:52 »

Ah, I understand Arti. Well, this was my response to the question:

I honestly don't feel that the Hidden Wind Elves would have taken enough of an interest in the Ash'mari to manipulate them at that level.

Johannes Brahms
Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 October 2011, 09:44:24 »

Well, I really lost my creative motivation on this subject, and that's why I never got back to working on it. If someone else would like to take over with the material I've presented, or start on the subject from scratch, go ahead. I've got other things in mind now.

Johannes Brahms
Alexandre Scriabin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 30 January 2013, 17:03:30 »

Well, I've gone back over it and I still have the nagging urge to complete what I started. I feel my writing style has changed and matured a bit since then, and for starters I want to work on areas where I may have sounded obtuse. Also, I plan to go back over all of the comments I've been given and respond to them better with my edits. Mulling things over, the whole idea makes more sense now to me, and I think that I can make a better effort at providing greyness, connectivity and explanation for readers who haven't read the tribe entry, etc.

In short, I mean to pick it up again. But I have plenty of comments already, and ones that on second thought I don't think I've addressed well enough, so the pencil's up for now. Maybe later I'll give a little poke to signify I'm ready for another round of comments.

Johannes Brahms
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #71 on: 31 January 2013, 04:28:06 »

Great to hear, Alexandre! Always good to see that an entry that has been lingering on the Forum for a while gets looked at again and hopefully makes it to the site eventually. grin thumbup

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 60
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.