Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - Mysteries of Nepris Spoiler Thread  (Read 13990 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 532

View Profile Homepage
« on: 20 April 2011, 12:36:14 »

Ok, I've set up an own thread for Nepris spoilers now in advance of the release, as I'm quite sure not everyone who plays the module is good enough to beat all the monsters and solve all the puzzles without problems. If you can: Chapeau bas! But you'll see there's lots of stuff in there where you need your brains as well as your strength.

However, it is advised to do the best you can by yourself, so only come to this thread as a last resort and don't read answers if you haven't gotten to the point yourself. Basically, when we answer questions we won't just tell you exactly what to do, but will try to help you with an additional hint, so that you can manage to find a solution yourself and only when you're really stuck we'll help you further.

Also note: The fights in the game will have a much stronger tactical component (at least the further you get...), so you really have to focus on battle strategy and use spells, skills and weapons efficiently. So make sure to understand what e.g. spells and skills do, or - as Grinch puts it - the monsters will be likely to wipe the floor with you...  grin

Finally, if you find errors and the like and would like to comment on the game in general, please use the other general Nepris game thread, so that we don't mix spoilers and game discussion.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 458

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2011, 17:30:42 »

Don't read if you have not started Nepris part 2

Not sure if this is the right thread but I am stuck in Nepris part 2 and I figure it is best to get a hint.

I can't seem to do anything with the red Imp.  I suspect he is supposed to help us by flying into the back room but I can't get him to do anything.
Also the Cauldron.  I can't seem to make anything, so i am assuming I don't have all the ingredients yet. 
Finally down below I opened all the coffins that I could with the crowbar and pulled all the levers(I think).  Should I be wandering around trying to see what that did?

I am guessing it is one of these things that is hindering my progress but I am not sure what I should be concentrating on.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2011, 18:29:31 »

Have you managed to open all doors by now, Seeker? If so, I recommend a scroll of Demagification to dispell a certain phenomenon in the Alchemical Library to the NW of Level 1 (look at a rack in the Underground Library for that one).

Also, there's something important in the chest near the cauldron. Again, access to that can be found in the Underground Library complex, near the place where the red imp.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2011, 21:47:01 »

OK So I have managed to open all the doors with the different shaped rocks, but there are still a few doors around that do not have ways to open them.  I already used the Demag spell.  I did this a few days ago and quite frankly I cannot remember what I found after going in between the bookcases. 

I have searched all over the imp area and have not found a key.  Assuming that is what I need.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2011, 22:53:49 by Seeker » Logged

Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2011, 22:55:33 »

Perhaps I used something up in the wrong place?

Wait a second.  I managed to conjure a enemy in the cauldron.  Oh crap it is powerful.  This will take me a few tries to beat. 
« Last Edit: 07 May 2011, 23:19:13 by Seeker » Logged

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2011, 02:03:52 »

Seeker, you need to have a key for the chest and if you have the crowbar then you should have it also, maybe you missed to open a drawer or look into a certain place, I forgot where I found it. In the chest will be some valuable information.

If you have conjured the demon out of the cauldron, then you will manage to get something else as well with this lovely item. The receipt is easier then you might think.

I'm stuck  evil

score 3115

I was in the inner sanctum, studied all the inscriptions, could not press the button.
I'm standing before the basin with the holy water, have the strange dagger, equipped or not equipped and think, that I should be able to fill that water in it, but don't know how. (Use dagger, use holy water etc does not work)

I looked in every room again, read every book, but can't find a way to open those doors without a door knob.

My questions: Should I be able to open those two doors?
Should I be able to fill the holy water in the dagger?
Those eyes which glimmer, am I able to find them already now?
Are the levers in the coffins good for anything else than opening the way to the inner sanctum?

I dearly hope to be able to play Santhworld on that old mac I'm using at my parents - how can I stand one week without it, after a weekend with many visitors? *sigh*

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2011, 03:42:01 »

Reply to Talia: score 3115 - don't read if you're not that far yet

Arti: I hope it's okay that I'm giving hints ...

Hi Talia,

Inner Sanctum: You need to figure out a way to press the button at the pillar. The inscription addresses you as "wearer of the symbol", so think about what you could put on and wear that would give you the power to push the button. Something that belonged to the lady for whom this whole puzzle was constructed, mayhap?

Sliverphial: This is a bit obsolete for you by now, as you've defeated the foes for whom this weapon was meant. But to fill it you must first find a book on zombies in the Deeper Labs (check near the library, mayhap?). Read that book, and you'll see further.

Reply to Talia: score 3115 - don't read if you're not that far yet

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2011, 07:15:36 »

AHHH THANK YOU GUYS.  I FOUND THE KEY.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2011, 10:12:01 »

Yeah, perfectly fine that you give hints, Shab :) And congrats on your shiny new key, Seeker! :D

BTW: I think posting with smaller font size is a good idea - if you want to read it you either have to look at it carefully (maybe with a magnifying glass :) ) - or you can either enlarge the browser display or copy it to a text file and read it there. But if you don't want to read it, you can easier skip it.

Additional reply to Talia: score 3115 - don't read if you're not that far yet

Basically, follow Shab's advice. Though I have to admit I don't really know what you're talking about when you mention two doors without a knob!? (Hmmm... Do you perhaps mean the doors that look like the other doors where you have an indentation, in Deeper Labs, Level 2, NW? This door can be opened from the other side if you go down the ladder and examine the door - there's a button. However, it only provides a shortcut to rooms you have already visited.)

The eyes that glimmer you have actually passed, because you've pushed the levers in the crypt in proper sequence, so that the darkwinds face doesn't shoot fireballs at you anymore (="eyes that glimmer"). And yep, that's what the levers did, no further hidden purpose there.

Additional  reply to Talia: score 3115 - don't read if you're not that far yet
« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 10:14:33 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2011, 12:54:50 »

Still score 3115...

Thanks for your answers, Art and Shaba!

I'm still stuck.
The easy part: Door. I examined everything twice and thrice, and had thought, that I typed in 'stone door' here also, but obviously not, so I did not find the button. But that was nothing which I really needed, just some longer ways I had to go.

Dagger: I had read the book of zombies twice, found the notice about the silverphial which was in it the first time (I assume you meant that), but I don't get which command I have to use, open dagger, open handle, twist handle? Nothing works. I don't need it anymore, but as an true rp-adventure, I would prefer to carry a filled dagger with me...

Inner sanctum: I have equipped the Crown of the Undead, which belonged to the Lady, but that didn't help. I don't know however, what that 'Activatable:Cursed' means, thought that it could be used in fights, I give that a try.. but I have not time just now! *sigh*

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2011, 13:31:51 »

@Talia

Dagger: If you've read the book/instructions and have the dagger, Jeremy should be the one telling you to fill it when you read the basin. So you should get a message there. You then actually talk to Jeremy and he fills it for you.

Inner Sanctum: It's not the crown. There was something else in the coffin. (BTW: If you want to permanently wear curses items is of course your own decision... ;) )

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2011, 14:32:00 »

These games are no timewaste or whatever non-playing contemporaries say, they force you to be very observant, not necessarily check things thrice, but go foreward very carefully, be very attentive/heedful, what ever.

I had not talked to Jeremy, but I'm not sure, I saw the order to talk to him before..hmm, and I did not wear the amulet, though I thought I did. Oh dear.

And now I can't play on.. :(
I think I will die of curiosity next week.

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2011, 15:29:08 »

Score 1190

Ok, I've finally got all four sigils and returned to Jeremy ... he's fused them together and told me to use it and four other items in the pool with the device. I've done that, and then followed the order of things on the note, and nothing happens. What am I missing/doing wrong? Do the items need to be put in the pool in the order told to me by Jeremy, or will any order do? I typed use <item> in there. I presume the comma in the note is important in some way?

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2011, 15:38:42 »

@Dek

The order is irrelevant, so make sure to have all ingredients plus Jeremy's magical item in the pool.

Well, I don't know what buttons you pressed, but on the note: Of course the comma is of relevance. The letter identifies something. Also, remember the memo Fizzlefist wrote somewhere, where he writes that he needs to alter what he writes down, so that not everybody understands it. It's not particularly difficult to figure out the combination. Especially because of the "L"...

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2011, 15:42:23 »

But it is not complicated! :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Today at 03:55:05]

by Mina
[Yesterday at 18:25:36]

[12 November 2014, 21:43:11]

[11 November 2014, 03:00:33]

[10 November 2014, 20:48:45]

[05 November 2014, 18:53:30]

[02 November 2014, 20:31:10]

[15 October 2014, 22:16:24]

[13 October 2014, 07:42:07]

[10 October 2014, 02:37:57]

[10 October 2014, 02:35:53]

[05 October 2014, 11:10:28]

[16 September 2014, 00:06:29]

[15 September 2014, 00:45:23]

[15 September 2014, 00:42:56]

[02 September 2014, 22:21:55]

[01 September 2014, 22:48:14]

[17 August 2014, 10:29:11]

[15 August 2014, 15:22:51]

[14 August 2014, 02:20:29]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: blainregister
Stats
Total Posts: 144082
Total Topics: 10962
Online Today: 55
Online Ever: 226
(05 November 2012, 23:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Last 10 Shouts:
17 October 2014, 08:35:28
Hey Artimidor/anyone interested! I have a proposal for the Orcish language in the language forum. A non-linguist's read would be useful.
29 September 2014, 01:21:37
*sneaks quietly in*
15 September 2014, 00:44:14
Hello^^- things get quieter slowly, but with currently two kids ar home, I'm busy nevertheless. See you soon!
05 August 2014, 21:49:17
Well, in a way that's a good thing, isn't it? :) And there's always room for additions, expansions and whatever the creative mind can come up with...
05 August 2014, 10:41:26
I didn't realize how developed the StormCloaks were...  buck
03 August 2014, 10:59:39
Cool, Val, great to hear! Welcome back at any rate, a bit late but nevertheless ;)
03 August 2014, 10:55:37
^_^ Yes, sir, very up to getting into gear!
03 August 2014, 10:47:51
Hello there, Val! I see you're still around... :) Things have slowed down a bit, but if you're still up for getting into gear, we wouldn't mind to have some help! :D
03 August 2014, 03:58:44
Happy Birthday old friend.
26 July 2014, 09:15:18
Yay, he still gets birthday wishes - still in everyone's hearts and minds!