Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - Mysteries of Nepris Spoiler Thread  (Read 26935 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #135 on: 19 October 2011, 03:30:59 »

Congratulations on finishing Nepris, Elron! clap

Looks like you didn't have that much of a problem with the final challenge and won the fight the way it was meant to be :) You've got the full score, so you didn't miss any of the side quests, very well done! I also see that in the Battle Ratings in the Hall of Fame you rank practically on the first place along with An Chor, so you really got the hang of it as far as these fights are concerned.

BTW: I've edited your last post and hid one line, because it contained a spoiler about the end.

You might want to check out the Easter Eggs page of the Nepris module now to see what references you've missed, there definitely are a few small tidbits to find there.

Oh, and as Grinch already pointed out: If you'd do a little review of how you liked the game (doesn't need to be lengthy), that would be nice to have as well. After all the experiences of the players who've seen it all are what count and encourage us to make further games.

As for a continuation of the story: Well, this will last quite a while, and so far only rough ideas exist in this respect. However, for the absolute pros and Santharian experts there's a, say, musical clue at the end of the game where the story will continue... lol

At the moment Seeker's Treasure Shoals (a major multiple-choice adventure in the style of The Enemy Stirreth) have absolute priority, and I even have difficulties dedicating enough time for that. But what we have already I think is really cool - and once it's out, I'm sure you'll enjoy that as well. Until then just play the rest of the games that are currently available, if you haven't done so already... :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Elron Sylver

Gained Aura: 3

student

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 19 October 2011, 05:40:16 »

I am working on a review now! azn
 I hope it really catches the quallity of nepris!
            And thanks to everyone who made that game possible, this whole dream for that matter! clap

The courageus don't live forever,
But the coward doesnt live at all.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #137 on: 19 October 2011, 06:09:26 »

Congratulation Elron! :D

Was a cool game to play, wasn't it? :)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Elron Sylver

student

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 19 October 2011, 06:23:51 »

Yes! and I loved the ending. :)

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #139 on: 19 October 2011, 06:30:55 »

It took me by surprise - didn't know, there would be a sequel....

Elron, did you rely on the walk through in the beginning? Did you read it in advance?

I think it spoils the fun. I fear, I would be tempted to have a look when I would be stuck (though I didn't do it with Myst, riven and its followers..) and I'm glad it did not exist, when I played it, that I was forced to figure out most  of the puzzles, the tower etc... myself. I had some help also from Art, Grinch and Shaba, but not the amount found in the walkthrough. A map of the tower *shakes head*.

I did my own map of the whole region though, to get an orientation.

« Last Edit: 19 October 2011, 06:36:36 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Elron Sylver

student

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 19 October 2011, 06:37:37 »

I didnt until the end. Thanks to those who helped me!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #141 on: 19 October 2011, 07:02:17 »

Just looked at the hall of fame and wonder, which artefact I missed..

Art, did my won battle against the bee swarm count also ? ;)  I'm unique :D LOL

Elron Sylver

student

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 19 October 2011, 07:13:08 »

And Art what artifacts did I miss?

Grinch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 19 October 2011, 07:22:20 »

@Talia

Well, the final fight bears different rewards. It depends on how many opponents you face and therefore on the difficulty of the fight. Two artefacts can drop in this fight and one of it, probably the best in the game, only in the most difficult constellation. You miss that particular artefact.

@Elron
I think you were unlucky and miss both of these artefacts.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2011, 07:29:37 by Grinch » Logged

We are the good ones!
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 19 October 2011, 07:39:02 »

ooooooh ... I love meeting Queprur ... I must, I do it so many times :)

oh and one other thing ... bloody rats! ROFL

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #145 on: 19 October 2011, 14:34:49 »

@Grinch

I see, because Oni took up with all those foes in the same fight - but as a player, you don't know that there are two rewards in the more difficult fight and so may not have the chance to get both. :( Especially if you don't know, that there would be a better reward if you run straight on in all at once.

Does it count, if you try out the fight in different slots? I planned to do so, but was then carried away by other things.

Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 19 October 2011, 19:25:44 »

I'm pretty sure it will count if you load a saved game previous to this fight and do it again in a different constellation. If not it is a bug  :P

I get your point Talia that the player has no way of knowing such things but not all items are meant to be discovered by everyone.

We are the good ones!
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #147 on: 19 October 2011, 20:10:09 »

I should have played on with the saved game,  with my char one level too high  after I had beaten the swarming bees!
Unfortunately I deleted it :( and played on with another saved game to please Art (because I'm such a nice girl  buck ). The outcome would have been interesting!

Grinch, now I know, that I will enter the new game with a weapon which could have been better. And I know the ending and fear that next step which lies ahead... you described it so .. well, I think my anyway high pressure was definitely even higher at the end. ;)

Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 19 October 2011, 21:03:30 »

No one said that the artefact you are missing is a weapon, Talia.  ;)

We are the good ones!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #149 on: 20 October 2011, 03:45:22 »

Well, the bee swarm problem was a bug in the program, which we fixed after you've found it. So it would have been like cheating to continue with that savegame ;) But let's say this gets you the legendary "Bee Bug Discoverer" medal - quite a unique item!

Besides, that's part of the fun of having very rare items which not everyone can get by playing it through in a regular way. People wonder about them, and there's an air of mystery around these... well... artifacts. Some say they are just mythical things, others claim to actually have found them! cool - But be it as it is: All these items are not required to beat the game (but methinks everyone for some reason just had to have to beat that stony guardian lol), and maybe not having an artifact makes coming battles more challenging - and that's also part of the fun...
« Last Edit: 20 October 2011, 03:50:27 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Yesterday at 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1039
Latest: baracude
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 54
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.