Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - Mysteries of Nepris Spoiler Thread  (Read 27004 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 11 May 2011, 06:53:32 »

Art, Grinch, Shaba - you are so .... mean, cruel... ahh

I mean, I find a book....  and then...

What is the meaning of life?

The book answers your question.... 

not even 42!

Don't open the pic, spoiler!

Edit: That was a praise, to make that clearer! ;)
« Last Edit: 11 May 2011, 16:31:12 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2011, 01:22:52 »

Score 3575

I have not killed the golem, I'm not wearing the ring, I had no problems with inserting the gems, (find the ruby), and finding the other teleporters, but now I'm sitting in the Tower of Death and asking myself, if running around, doing sketches of when or where that crackling noise can be heard, if it is related to if I push the lever or not, if the number of clicks which can be heard after pushing have some significance or if I just need to wear a special item, or use something of my inventory...

Well, just one question - can that puzzle be solved, can I escape the tower the way I'm trying it right now, or is it impossible for me, because I don't have the black ring or anything else I need?

I have no idea, how Oni managed to kill the golem - without dying once? I tried it several times, one time I was fairly successful,(brought half of his life down)  but used the wrong attack one time and could not take a healthdrink, but the other times it was just impossible, think I got hit for nearly 300 damage in one go (180something one blow), or similar. I would think it is not necessary to kill him, for now many would just give up at this point, I think. Or did I wear (or not wear) something important, use the wrong tactic?

The music is nice down there though and varying - good for  along stay ;)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 01:58:36 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 13 May 2011, 02:26:52 »

Reply to Talia, Score 3575

- Defeating the golem is not necessary to escape, it's an extra challenge you can take on however.
- The Tower of Death is tricky, hence the name. It might help to draw a map... Cause remember: The name is "Tower of Death".
- Levers are... let's be precise... not important at all to escape the Tower of Death. You can get out without needing to flip them. Then again, what you're looking for is orientation. And one way to get proper orientation is to flip levers - and be attentive while you flip them (listen carefully!). Other people might have found other ways to get that orientation.
- Be aware that once you manage to leave the Tower of Death you might need to go back and find out what the levers actually do. So drawing a map is helpful at any rate.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 13 May 2011, 03:42:40 »

Thanks for the hints :)

I have a map of everything, but there is not much to draw in the tower of death.. or?I listened a lot already, will listen more!

No answer required for now :)

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 13 May 2011, 04:27:39 »

Score 3575

As my mother watches the songcontest, I can't listen to anything else.. and gave the golem a try.
Is it sheer luck (in addition to skill) if you win? The distribution of skill points? (I have some in ranged attack) I did not use the black ring, are ten points more life bettern than a better armour?
But well, I've just got hit with 148/40/34 damage, was knocked out, then the next 114 gave me the rest. I had no chance, I don't think, an one tick earlier burning recovery would have helped there.. ?? And that was after I had attacked one time.

I'll give it some other tries.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2011, 04:36:02 »

Reply to Talia, Score 3575

Two things:

- You can see what the black ring does if you equip it with Q and look at your character sheet.
- I see you have 4 skill points you can still distribute - you might want to use them now.
- Fight is tough, you might need some luck, but it is doable.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2011, 05:07:44 »

I had the skillpoints distributed, but not in a saved game, so that I'm able to redistribute them. The black ring brings a little more than I thought, will use it now.

Yeah!
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 05:25:33 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2011, 01:12:49 »

Score 3575

Still stuck. Highlight the text, it is grey!  :)

I think I figured out nearly all paths of the tower, at least I have access to each lever very quickly now, can move up and down as I wish it.
Lever up gives the gargoyles blinking eyes. Lever down, they don't have them.

I try hard to dive in our webmaster's psyche to figure out, what is meant with that poem. Pushing all levers up and then down (light/night) did not have any consequences.

After I had figured out the tower and the levers, I read the instructions, you gave Oni, but didn't find anything new except.
'A step can be a tap on the keyboard.' I logged out.  grin

I have not given up to figure it out by myself, I have just two questions:

Do I need the pebbles now? Have they any function now?
Do I need to go in the inner sanctum (why that teleporter?) and do something with the installations?

And generally: Gives the
'Specify your wish' any hint, that I should try to do something at that place? (Oni asked that already), or is is just another form of the system telling me, thee is nothing to do here right now?

« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 01:19:33 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 17 May 2011, 02:50:34 »

Answer to Talia:

Actually we've integrated important clues in the Jeremy dialogue. If you read the text on the floor at the central statue you are advised to talk to Jeremy. So do that and read carefully what he has to say. Also regarding the steps!

Pebbles: Someone else who died in the tower tried to figure out where he needed to go by using the pebbles. If you found out otherwise, that's fine. You don't really need the pebbles.

Installations: You must have activated the installations already if you're in the Tower of Death. With each gem at the installations which form a triangle you activated a teleporter - they also form a triangle in the Inner Sanctum.

The 'specify your wish' refers to the column at the end of the corridor, right? Just solve the levers/gargoyles puzzle, that should do the job basically.

P.S. To hide texts in the background colour use

[ color = # 454545 ] text [ / colour ] at the lighter coloured row
and [ color = # 303030 ] text [ / colour ] at the dark coloured row

(Just remove the spaces from the examples above.)
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 03:10:09 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2011, 19:01:08 »

Still score 3575, but a step farther! :)

I could finally use the lever on the third floor and the gargoyle in the middle with the inscription doesn't have glowing eyes anymore. But now again I'm stuck at this fight with the monster rat and its companions. Do I have to get past them to use the pillar? (Or do anything else) For I went back and put the others lever down as well, now I get through all gargoyles (all dead eyes), but now the pillar does not move either. Or don't I have not found the right word to say?

I still don't know, what you meant with that hint, Art: 'A step might also just be a tap on the keyboard.'

Thanks so far. :)
Btw, who did what, am I still in Nepris I? what did Shaba - the story outside the lab/ etc?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 17 May 2011, 20:00:36 »

@Talia:

A step might also just be a tap on the keyboard: A tap is a step in a direction, north, south etc.

You now need to defeat this opponent... I tried to win the fight with your last savegame and succeeded over the midday break. I can tell you how I did it: I focused solely on the Bloody Rat before I went for the Giant Rat. After you kill it, you'll have to deal with several more opponents - I focused on those as well first and finally went for the Giant Rat.

Note as well, this was the decisive thing for me eventually: You have a key artifact in your possession which can be activated in battle! Very important to use that one when you're running low on health.

Note that if you go for the Giant Rat first it will jump at you from the back after it retreated, and this will pose a serious problem eventually. I wouldn't recommend that approach with your limited amount of health potions.

Nepris I BTW ended with Jeremy being freed. Shab did the swamp part - you're getting there, but still a bit to do until then. I'd say the game gets much easier in the second half - more paths to go, so you can decide where you want to head, lots of potions and stuff, in general it's easier manageable.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 20:08:29 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2011, 00:31:43 »

Thanks! :D

Score 4000+

I managed to kill those rats with the use of the ring. :) I did not miss the new weapon though, the Runorian dagger, but thought, the old one might be better with the additional effects. I would really like to have another player to discuss this things.

I tried so hard not to forget anything like to use the amulet (instead of the crown, where I thought this was the item out of the grave which I should use), but again, I thought all the ring did was to increase the health and add skill points. That there was standing activable(?) I forgot - the last fight was ages ago! ;) . I saved in a different slot and will try to practise with these rats again :).

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2011, 21:24:13 »

Score 5125

Just a short question:
I'm able to find that wizardleaf by just typing 'search wizardleaf' in every spot where it might be?
I though Jamliso's grave would be the ideal place, or that with the star on it..

Please don't tell me too much, just a no for now, if my approach is wrong or if I'm looking in the wrong place.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 18 May 2011, 21:38:08 »

Reply:

Score 5125

You need to search objects that are on screen, not wizardleaf as such. So SEARCH FLOWERS e.g. would do the job.

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 May 2011, 02:25:51 »

Ok...I'm breaking down.

Score: 2170

In the Karthmor Mausoleum, unable to pass the fire thing at the end of the honeycomb of catacombs. Two questions. Firstly, am I supposed to have got something out of the cauldron further back? And secondly, do I need to work out a way to take the holy water?

Thanks

Ath

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[12 December 2017, 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 69
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.