Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: History: Golden Age of Kings - Part 1  (Read 4946 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 13 February 2012, 02:04:21 »

Before the real work starts, I thought I throw out what I have so far.

Orange: Already existent headings (without the text underneath, mostly) from the Complete History, just for orientation!

Grey: Text which is already on the site

Light blue, bold: New headings for King Dagolth
Blue: New text for King Dagolth

Green Bold: Santhran Calron Hammersfeld
Green: Text for Santhran Calron

Slateblue, bold: Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld
Slateblue:  Text for Lysarian

Note: Lysarian is far from finished!

Changes!  Due to the coloursystem in italics!

« Last Edit: 04 August 2012, 18:29:40 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2012, 02:08:51 »

147 The Susilgerim Dwarves recover
Having won such a mighty victory, Kograv the Susilgerim mage begins the restoration of both the Kerokorim Temple and the Great Hall. Though the Susilgerim Dwarves will no longer live there, they do this as a monument to their forefathers, and to the many who have fallen in battle. Kograv begins again the study of the Keralkorim magic, and soon the Susilgerim Denirim receive their first instructions in its use. The ThrazBarol axe, which was recovered from the Moh'rhim Shadow Elves in the Great Battle of Imlith, is placed back above the throne in the Great Hall, and the Hall is sealed.

Santharian Royal Tragedy: Queen Mother Sirthala and her Twin Sister Na'ahena die

Aged 64 the Santharian Queen Mother Sirthala succumbs to a common blood disease, only days after her twin sister Na'ahena met the same fate.
Allocations: Mantheros II., Santharian King; Santharia, Kingdom; Sarvonia, South; Sirthala, Santharian Queen

150 a.S. Dagolth  Hammersfeld is born
Dagolth is born as the son of the Erpheronian Count Dekem Hammersfeld, a distant cousin to Santhros Salazath.

156 Death of Princess Saenýssa
Sister of the Santharian King Mantheros II., Saenýssa, dies.

The Golden Age of Kings (Complete History)

172   Death of the Santharian King Thaenos, the Last in the Line of the Salazaths
After years of suffering King Thaenos dies after a stroke without heir, being the last in the line of the Salazaths, the dynasty of the founder of the realm, Santhros the Wise.

Power Shift to the Council of Linked Hands

The Council as the Kingmaker: Dagolth Hammersfeld is made Santharian King

Santhran Dagolth Hammersfeld ( 172 a.S. - 201 a.S.)

to 201 Santhran Dagolth "the Liberator"/Queen Shawaldah (born 152 a.S. )
Under dubious circumstances and helped mainly by criminal intrigues engineered by his father, the influential Count Dekem, Dagolth Hammersfeld is elected Santharian King by the Council of Linked Hands. To honour Santhros, one of the first acts as Santharian king is the introduction of the title "Santhran" signifying the Santharian king - from now on every Santharian king would carry this title.

Dagolth would gain his byname "The Liberator" after the defeat of the corrupted elf and Móh'rónn, Saban Blackcloak. He is also known for tightening the kingdom's governmental organization, regulation of taxation, improving the messaging system throughout the lands, standardizing uniforms, reviving the Armerenda feast as an incentive for soldiers and many other things.
Allocations: Royal Line: Santharia

173 King Dagolth marries the Caltharian Baroness Shawaldah of Carmalad (born 152 a.S.)
Children: Dagmin and Dagrin (twin sons, born 174 a.S.), Calron (son, born 175 a.S.), Elinnaja (daughter born 177 a.S.)

174  Prince Dagmin Hammersfeld is born.

He has a twinbrother, Dagrin, born shortly after him.
174  Prince Dagrin Hammersfeld is born,
        He has an older twinbrother, Dagmin
175  Prince Calron Hammersfeld is born

175 The Edict of Parda: Governmental Restructuring of the Santharian Kingdom
177  Princess Elinnaja Hammersfeld is born,
       daughter of Santhran Dagolth Hammersfeld and Santhranna Shawaldah

179 The Defeat of Saban Blackcloak
180 Standardization of Santharian Uniforms
184 Improvements in the Santharian Messaging System

188 Construction of the Broken Wing

ca. 200
to 700 The Conflicts of Kytta'erng - Brownies vs. Eyelians

195 Calron Hammersfeld marries Majida of Bardavos (born 177 a.S. ?)
       Children: Lysarian, (son, born 197 a.S. ), Liorathsa (daughter, born 199 a.S.)

As Calron is not the heir to the throne, he is allowed to marry a woman of unknown parentage: Majida of Bardavos, a beautiful singer and dancer of an amiable nature. It is rumoured, that she was raised by the Black Butterfly Rangers, that she is partly of elven origin. She appears before the public the first time as a young girl, adopted daughter of the Thane of Bardavos about 191 a.S. As Queen Shawaldah supports his case, the youngest son of the king is allowed to marry with only 20 years of age.

195 Mariama of Thyslan, Centotaurian noblewoman, is born  
         Future Wife of Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld

197 Lysarian Hammersfeld is born
Calron Hammersfeld and Majida of Bardavos welcome their first child, a son

199 Liorathsa Hammersfeld is born
       Calron Hammersfeld and Majida of Bardavos welcome their second child, a daughter

201 Finished Construction of Broken Wing

201 Death of the Santharian Santhran Dagolth
Dagolth "the Liberator" dies from a heart attack aged 51.

201: The death of the Santhran Dagolth‘s firstborns, Dagmin and Dagrin

Both twins die during a hunting expedition near the Khalgoroth Gorge in the Northern part of Rimmerins Ring. The circumstances are strange though. The twins had been very close friends, but hunting companions (??) report, that Dagrin has pushed Dagmin from a precipice, seemingly being in a weird state of mind. After having realised, what he has done, Dagrin commits suicide throwing himself into the gorge the next day.  The accident has never been cleared up.  
 The nation is shocked.

201 Death of the Santharian Santhran Dagolth

Dagolth "the Liberator" dies from a heart attack after he has got notice from the death of his firstborn sons. He is only 51.

« Last Edit: 16 July 2012, 06:02:19 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2012, 02:09:08 »

Santhran Calron Hammersfeld (201a.S. - 227 a.S.)

201 Calron Hammersfeld „the Weak“ ascends the throne /Queen Majida
       Children: Lysarian, (son, born 197 a.S. ), daughter, Liorathsa (born  199 a.S.)

201  Veior Ithvinna Rigvildskan, Avennorian Graven, is born
       Future wife of Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld

202 The Council of the Linked Hands meets
        The Councils meets to deliberate (?) and finally backs up the Santhran, which is credited to Santhranna Majida, who steps forward and presents       herself as a formidable woman with a sense for diplomacy and clever use of the power she has seized.

203 Queen Mother Shawaldah accuses Santhranna Majida of witchery
       The mother of the Santhran Calron, Queen Shawaldah has not been able to overcome the death of her firstborn sons. She tries to find out desperately, what has happened during the hunt. The reports about the strange behaviour of Dagrin when he pushed his brother leads to her belief, that witchery was the cause. She finally asperses Santhranna Majida, because of her mysterious parentage. Though she has been fond of the girl once, she now accuses her of having bewitched Dagrin to kill his brother and himself, so that her husband would become Santhran.

203 The Santhran‘s Speech in defense of his wife Santhranna Majida
       The Santhran steps in to defend his wife. Until now, he has relied on the help of the Council and his strong wife. Under the new pressure he emerges as a new man. In a speech before the Council and representatives of the whole  Capital he defends his wife in a way, that the problem is settled for good. His mother is sent to a monastery where she dies years later in mental derangement (?)  

207 Santhranna Majida initiates a meeting of bards, dancers and other artist
       On the occasion of her 30th birthday, the Santhranna invites artists of all over the country to perform not only before the assembled court, but all over the Capital. In the following years, she endorses art in all variations and thus makes the fine arts popular, especially with the nobility. Prestige is now gained with the number of musicians who are on the noble‘s payroll.  

214 Injerín Philosopher's Slaying

219  Prince Lysarian marries the Avennorian Veior Ithvinna Rigvildskan
Children: Daughters Skavinna (220 a.S. ), Udrike (221 a.S.), Hjaveig (223 a.S.); Sons: Kijolf (226 a.S, dies three weeks old), Leifring (228 a.S., born dead)
Divorce 229 a.S.

220  Skavinna Hammersfeld is born.
         (First daughter of Prince Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan]
221  Udrike Hammersfeld is born.
         (Second daughter of Prince Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan)
223  Hjaveig Hammersfeld is born.
           (Third daughter of Prince Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan)
226 Kijolf Hammersfeld, first son of Prince Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan is born, dies three weeks old.

227 Santhran Calron Hammersfeld dies
       Calron dies surprisingly of pneumonia, aged 52. He has been no king who shone with inventions and the introduction of new structures like his father, but he consolidated what he had inherited and gave the  country a prosperous time, which may well have been the fundament for the following uprise of the empire under Lysarian the Long-lived. He certainly has not deserved the byname „the Weak“, but as his first years were quite disastrous, he never got rid of it.

« Last Edit: 10 July 2012, 03:59:05 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2012, 02:09:57 »

Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld (227 a.S. - 287 a.S.)

227 Lysarian Hammersfeld ascends the throne (with 30 years of age)
       Though his father suffered a sudden death, Prince Lysarian is prepared to ascend the throne. Grown up in a time of plentitude, influenced by his art loving mother and with the attitude/awareness (?) that all will be possible what he wishes to achieve, the grandest enthronement ever is prepared. The festivities last a whole month and invited is everybody. This would not have been possible without the wealth of his wife Ithvinna. However, the relation between the two has cooled down.

228   Leifring Hammersfeld, second son of Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan is born, dies during birth.[/b]

228  Lysmarin, illegitimate son of Baroness Mariama of Thyslan and the Santhran Lysarian, is born
        Santhranna Ithvinna, once a beautiful young woman, is worn out by the quick succession of births. The grief over the death of her son sits deep adds to that and so she often retreats to her family estate to recover, taking her children with her. Lysarian on the other hand is a man in the prime of life used to get everything he desires and so it is not astonishing, that he not only beds various of his maidens, but also a young noble from Cantotauria, Mariama of Tyslan. Mariama though is not any young lady too timid to point out that the Santhran is the father of her child, but is educated in Ximax and holds three degrees of Wind Magic. So she gives birth to a healthy son of the Santhros in the same year as the second son of the Santhranna is born dead. The Santhran acknowledges the child as his bastard son.

229 Santhranna Veior Ithvinna Rigvildskan Hammersfeld divorces her husband.
        Veior Ithvinna Rigvildskan, though weakened through too many births in a time too short is not weak in spirit. After she gets notice of the bastard child, she divorces Lysarian and retreats to her family estates.

230  Santhran Lysarian marries Baroness Mariama of Thyslan
        Son: Lysander (born 228a.S.), daughter: Myrissa, (born 231a.S.)

231  Princess Myrissa Hammersfeld is born
       Santhran Lysarian‘s 4th daughter is born

a lot more to come

« Last Edit: 10 July 2012, 04:02:04 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2012, 02:10:22 »

272  Santhranna Mariama of Thyslan/Hammersfeld dies with 77 years of old age.

277 Santhran Lysarian marries the very young Asriyah Altara, said to be a noblewoman of Aeruillin.

287 Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld dies, though still in good health, with age 90 from a heart attack, in his bed in the arms of his young wife.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2012, 17:41:21 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2012, 02:10:51 »

placeholder

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2012, 17:43:40 »

This much so far, I'm working now on the events in Lysarian Life and his achievements.

Sometimes my English might be a bit rusty, please propose a better way how to say things. :)

Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2012, 19:07:52 »

Hi Ta'lia,

I'll take you at your word and tell you that using the construction "with [age]" etc. is not legitimate in English; "aged" or "at the age of" or "at [age]" or "at [age] years of age" all sound more natural.

Ath

EDIT: Potentially unclear notation. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2012, 05:35:46 by Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr » Logged

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2012, 20:48:36 »

I know I've heard "with age" used previously, and I personally feel that given the correct place, it is valid and legitimate in English. Just the same as 'aged' is valid and legitimate where it fits in.

For example,

With age and experience Thomas would come to realise blah blah blah

to me makes more sense than

Aged and with experience or Aged and experienced

It also gets across the point I'd be trying to make in that case, as it is suggesting at the moment he doesn't have age or experrience ie he is young and naive.

Another construction of 'with age' that seems valid and legitimate to me is:

With age, the red loses its bitter aftertaste and becomes quite a pleasant drinking wine well suited to be drunk with a spicy packox stew.

I apologise if I have misunderstood the point you are trying to make, Athviaro. :)

Ta'lia, I'm loving what you've done so far here. :)

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2012, 01:07:09 »

Unfortunately, you have, Dek. "With age" is fine; "with [age]" is not. By the latter I meant where Ta'lia says "died with age 69" or the like.

Ath

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2012, 05:05:08 »

Had a closer look on what we have now in this thread so far, Talia... So here we go:

- Lots of colours there... lol

- The events mentioning the "Broken Wing" building (118 and 201) seem out of place here, as these are event of the village of Shneerin, and they don't fit into a Santharian history. Don't know why you'e included them here... Also 214 - the Philosopher's Slaying seems out of context as well.

- I like the introduction of Majida of Bardavos. I think her roots in the Rovers are a great touch and make her later efforts to promote art very believable. Even though it was unlikely that she got this kind of power, circumstances made it possible and thus she made the transition to a very important figure in Santharian history. Very nice :)

- Also the Dagmin and Dagrin tragedy is an interesting idea :) Though I have two questions in this regard: First, did they fight with real swords? Were they allowed to actually hurt each other? Seems a bit unlikely that they were supposed to fight that way... Also: Who poisoned the sword - and why? There's a good deal of improbability in this construction. I think it's cool that there's a tragedy that does away with both sons, like an accidental death of one, and the other feels guilty or something, though. Could still work with the witchery thing - actually if a witch was at work it doesn't necessarily need to be poison.

- 203: Should better read "Queen Mother Shawaldah accuses Santhranna Majida of witchery", because for a moment I dodn't know anymore who is the actual queen...

- 203: The Santhran‘s Speech - Captions should be very clear about the event, so you should definitely add e.g. "in defense of Santhranna Majida" or something. The caption should make reading then whole paragraph unnecessary in the best case. Might appear to be a bit too detailed, but really helps if you just skim a history table looking for the information you need. "The Santhran‘s Speech" doesn't help that much here, as I'm sure he made quite a few...

- Ithvinna's births are mentioned in the 219 entry, but this should all have its order. The 219 entry should be a regular event, the children should be mentioned in an entry for the Royal Line (see the entries there). So at the 228 entry the details about the son, who died very soon, and the other children should be mentioned in greater detail, just to bring the reader up to date. This whole affair also fits much better into an own event, the illegitimate son then is an own entry.

- "Cantotauria" should be "Centorauria" I assume, also: "healthy son of the Santhros" should be "healthy son of the Santhran".

Okeydokey, these are my comments so far - looks pretty good in general, and like a solid continuation of the history up to this point :D Really feels great to see the life of kings and queens being filled with life! Hope you can continue this history lesson soon and add more interesting stuff, Talia!  thumbup  cool

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 29 February 2012, 03:20:03 »

I hope I did not choose those colours you cannot tell apart ;)

Well, I needed them to not confuse all those different people. Each Santhran has one colour!

Thanks for taking a look. I hope I have some time tomorrow to  give the above an edit.

Just one answer: I added this Shneerin part, because (I thought) I used the complete history, to make it easier for you to fit all in the right place.

Cantotauria - that was the spellchecker.   rolling Either my own where Inhitthe wrong button (obviouly not ignore) or this one. When I have too much text, I have to scroll up and down and that maks it a bit difficult.
« Last Edit: 29 February 2012, 03:25:53 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2012, 04:05:40 »

Changed the requested things, Dagrin and Dagmin die now during a hunting accident, the mother accuses Majida, for she thinks, that she wanted her husband to be Santhran. That would be stuff for a story!

All changes are in Italics!

Lysarion is of course still far from finished. As I wanted to tidy up on the way, I'm now rewriting the currency entry and it gets again longer than intended, duh!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 15 July 2012, 21:52:51 »

The major part of this one could go up, if the requested changes are ok by now. :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2012, 03:35:03 »

Ok... If I had had more time last Sunday I would have added these events already this update, but the way it is they'll make it to the next one then... :) If I can make heads or tails of all those colours, text sizes etc. lol Well, I'll give it a try! Changes should be ok at any rate as far as I can see.

Looks like you plan on more to come, though, Talia, so feel free to add more here and there until the next update if you want. You only need to make clear what you add before and after the update, so that it is obvious what's already on site and what not. :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[12 December 2017, 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 69
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.