Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: North Maps Update Descriptions  (Read 5036 times)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« on: 15 May 2012, 02:40:18 »

Calling North Devs! (or any willing participant)

The North Maps Descriptions are in need of some small updates. Looking for the North devs to sign off or revise the current ones. Obviously, Caael'heroth needs fixed. Remusian and Iol lands perhaps a touch up too.

Post any new ones below.

North Maps Descriptions

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 06:20:08 »

The lands of the Kuglimz map description should perhaps also mention the dwarves residing in the Prominent Mountain, the Blessed Sea Elves and Eight Winds Bay?

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2012, 09:18:22 »

Icelands needs some additions.  Iol, on the other hand might need some scrubbing.  A lot of communities there.  More so than I think would be viable.

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 23:49:36 »

Old Entry:

PENINSULA OF CAAEL'HEROTH, THE

The Lands of Caael'heroth like various other more distant regions in Northern Sarvonia are to a great degree still unexplored and unknown to the Santharian scholars. It is home of the Kaaer'dar'shin Men, the Folkmore Elves, the so-called Black Dwarves and a fierce orcish tribe, the Khrosh'uag-Oc. The Peninsula of Caael'heroth is especially known for the legendary Deep Winds Portal of Osthemangar, northwest of the Cartashian Woods, where it is said that the re-incarnated evil of Coór'Melór and his netherworldy minions were summoned. From this still unknown region the third Sarvonian War was initiated, where large parts of southern Sarvonia were destroyed.

Revised Entry:

PENINSULA OF CAAEL'HEROTH, THE

The lands of Caaehl'heroth remain largely uninhabited, but intrepid explorers such as the Injerin elf Saryas Kelweather have provided many new insights into the isolated tribes that live in the peninsula. Notably, the half-orcs known as the Kaaer'dar'shin thrive in the southern regions of the peninsula making home in the Themed'lon forests. The Caaehl Mountains to the far north of the Caaehl'heroth is home to the Osther-Oc orcs and the Aaghut troll clans. The legendary Deep Winds Portal lies to the northwest of the Cartashian Woods and has a long dark history of evil where it is said that the re-incarnated Coór'Melór and his netherworldy minions were summoned to begin the infamous Third Sarvonian War. Lastly, the Aden peninsula lies to the southwest of the Deep Winds Portal and is home to ancestor Erpheronian clans who migrated from the mainland Santharia long ago.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2012, 23:52:20 by Azhira Styralias » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2012, 03:12:20 »

Thanks for the update, Azhira! In order not to forget this I've already changed the part at the Northern Sarvonian Maps entry with the new version and uploaded it :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2012, 00:34:58 »

IOL PENINSULA

Old Entry:

PENINSULA OF IOL, THE
The Peninsula of Iol is located in the far northeast of the Sarvonian continent, northwest of the Kanapan lands and east of the Caael'heroth landmass, west of the Ice Tribes territory, the Icelands Coast.

Though there exist detailed maps of this region which we managed to acquire through various sources, specifications on which tribes, beasts and plants live there on this peninsula and to which degree they are developed still needs to be researched properly before findings can be added here.

Revised Entry:

PENINSULA OF IOL, THE

The icy peninsula of Iol is a harsh land of frozen lakes, streams and coves where only the most resilient of settlers live. The human Ice Tribes consisting of the Remusians, the Sarmanians, the Tokarians and the Himiko have made many small settlements that dot the landscape. Each Ice Tribe has staked out a territory on the peninsula without a clearly defined single leader or unifying government over all of them. The far northern tip of Iol is located one of the most fascinating regions in all the North: the Contamar Forest, home of the reclusive Evathonrhim elf tribe. These elves live high in the frozen trees far from human intrusion. It is said that the forest was frozen as punishment from the gods when an arrogant elven mage tried to freeze the waters of the Ice Seas to expand his domain. Iol is an unforgiving land, but the humans and elves who live there have learned to thrive admirably.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2012, 03:14:18 »

Okeydokey.... Took care of that one already as well, Azhira!  thumbup  cool

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2012, 09:59:26 »

Except that it is wrong. shocked

Sarmanians, Tokarians made settlements there?  Himiko I will defer to Talia, but I don't remember ever reading that they formed settlements there.

And, as I said above, many of those settlements on the map might want to be reviewed.  I believe there are too many for a wilderness, and if the elves are in the most northern area, most of the names of those settlements are far from elvy sounding names.

Remusians border it.  Antislar inhabit the southern areas.

Most of that description sounds more like the Iceland Coast than Iol.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 10:04:32 by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2012, 10:52:26 »

Old entry

LANDS OF THE KUGLIMZ, THE
The Kuglimz (lit. "Tribes") are a group of tribes that identify with each other due to historical and genealogical ties. Their heritage is a proud one, though not one that they know or associate with themselves, except in some distorted forms in their religion and myths. During the Great Sundering that occurred after the fall of Fá'áv'cál'âr the human armies split up and went their separate ways. The lands of the Kuglimz stretch from the Dark Sea in the west and follows along the Luquador River to the borders of the Injerín elves in the Shaded Forest. It is roughly 900 strals in length. The furthest south the tribes range is the northern bank of the outlet of the Luquador River into the Sea of Darkness. Their lands in the East end at the Mountains of Oro and the Liben River, where the orcish kingdoms are. There are two separate modes of life that the Kuglimz follow, either centralized around forts and towns, or nomadic: The centralized Kuglimz, known as Kuglimz'torik ("House Tribes") tend to live more in and around the hills of the Celeste Lowlands. The nomadic tribes, Kuglimz'ura ("Plain Tribes") follow their herds of wild horses, ulgaroths and sheep.

The Kuglimz (lit. "Tribes") are a group of human tribes that identify with each other due to historical and genealogical ties. Their heritage is a proud one, though not one that they know or associate with themselves, except in some distorted forms in their religion and myths. During the Great Sundering that occurred after the fall of Fá'áv'cál'âr the human armies split up and went their separate ways. The lands of the Kuglimz stretch from the Dark Sea in the west and follows along the Luquador River to the borders of the Injerín elves in the Shaded Forest. It is roughly 900 strals in length. The furthest south the tribes range is the northern bank of the outlet of the Luquador River into the Sea of Darkness. Their lands in the East end at the Mountains of Oro and the Liben River, where the orcish kingdoms are. To the north of the Kuglimz lies the Prominent Mountains, home to the Kurakim dwarves and a tribe of Rat Brownies. Even further north of the Prominent Mountains is the massive Eight Winds Bay, Peninsula of Kru'ul, shadow lands and the Imlith Mountain. Eight Winds Bay is home to the Arthyron ("Blessed Sea") elves and also houses a settlement of Blue Druids. The Susilgerim ("Silent Dwarves") dwarves live in the Imlith Mountain and engage in struggles against the Rhom-oc orcs. Finally, the Mélad'rhím ("Grey Elves") are a nomadic gathering of elves from the Injerín and Arthyrón tribe that trek from the Kanapan lands to the Peninsula of Kr'uul.

Please discuss my changes before they get added. It is perhaps (definitely) too long for one thing.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 10:54:04 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2012, 23:32:29 »

The Kuglimz (lit. "Tribes") are a group of human tribes that identify with each other due to historical and genealogical ties. Their heritage is a proud one, though not one that they know or associate with themselves, except in some distorted forms in their religion and myths. During the Great Sundering that occurred after the fall of Fá'áv'cál'âr the human armies split up and went their separate ways. The lands of the Kuglimz stretch from the Dark Sea in the west and follows along the Luquador River to the borders of the Injerín elves in the Shaded Forest. It is roughly 900 strals in length. The furthest south the tribes range is the northern bank of the outlet of the Luquador River into the Sea of Darkness. Their lands in the East end at the Mountains of Oro and the Liben River, where the orcish kingdoms are. To the north of the Kuglimz lies the Prominent Mountains, home to the Kurakim dwarves and a tribe of Rat Brownies. Even further north of the Prominent Mountains is the massive Eight Winds Bay, Peninsula of Kru'ul, shadow lands and the Imlith Mountain. Eight Winds Bay is home to the Arthyron ("Blessed Sea") elves and also houses a settlement of Blue Druids. The Susilgerim ("Silent Dwarves") dwarves live in the Imlith Mountain and engage in struggles against the Rhom-oc orcs. Finally, the Mélad'rhím ("Grey Elves") are a nomadic gathering of elves from the Injerín and Arthyrón tribe that trek from the Kanapan lands to the Peninsula of Kr'uul.

I would summarize the orange colored part. Some of it is unnecessary history while some of it wordy geographical stuff imo.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2012, 23:35:01 by Azhira Styralias » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2012, 03:36:40 »

Hmmm... I think that the part Azhira mentions could be cut a bit, but also what Dek added. Because all you write about is not directly related to the Kuglimz, so: Why add it in such detail? A brief mention of neighbouring tribes is fine, but as it is now its not really Kuglimz related, and that should be essential to have in an overview.

Well, as for Iol: See my other post - feel free to change things there up north, Alt and Azhira or anyone else who's involved in the icy regions of the Sarvonian North. This map can easily be adjusted.

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2012, 07:53:39 »

Those are people who live in that area and landmarks in that area though. Shouldn't they somehow be mentioned in there so that people at least have an idea that there is more in the area than the Kuglimz?

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2012, 08:59:44 »

Give me a day and I'll have an Iol paragrapg for you. :)

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2012, 16:11:58 »

Let me know how this sounds. :)  I have taken the view that we are going to try to keep Iol wilderness.

PENINSULA OF IOL, THE
The Peninsula of Iol is located in the far northeast of the Sarvonian continent, northwest of the Kanapan lands and east of the Caael'heroth landmass, west of the Ice Tribes territory, the Icelands Coast.

Though mostly wilderness, most notably in the interior of the peninsula, it is inhabited.  The Antislar hold the most territory, mainly in the south and along the Camlyn River.  This human, and mixed, tribe control as far north as the southern shores of Lofty Lake, the caldera of a once massive volcano.  From there, few souls brave the harsh environment.  However, at the very far northwestern tip of Iol, Ice Elves inhabit the famed and mysterious Forest of Contamar.  The Evathonrhim make the Forest of Contamar home, and together with the Antislar, strive to keep the interior of Iol pristine.  Both tribes have long held treaties that prevent each from building settlements there.  Instead, they have Rangers who travel within and observe nature, reporting back, and defending it if need be.  The Rangers are perhaps most famous for their saving of the Eanian Warg, bringing it from near extinction to where it roams freely in the north of Iol.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2012, 22:36:14 »

Those are people who live in that area and landmarks in that area though. Shouldn't they somehow be mentioned in there so that people at least have an idea that there is more in the area than the Kuglimz?

Mention some of them, just not in so much detail. For that, the reader can be directed to the full entry (of which there isn't one atm...)

The idea was to have one medium length paragraph blurb for the map page, a quick overview of the map area without alot of history or detailed geography.

The below sentences I would keep as you wrote them, I think these are ok.

The lands of the Kuglimz stretch from the Dark Sea in the west and follows along the Luquador River to the borders of the Injerín elves in the Shaded Forest. Their lands in the East end at the Mountains of Oro and the Liben River, where the orcish kingdoms are.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]