Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mh'hi and some other smaller problems  (Read 1639 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 12 January 2013, 04:53:15 »

As Lysarian didn't allow me to work on his achievements I thought I have a look at the third of the great Santhrans which we called the architecture king.

King III (Architecture King) Sanaerrin

- Lots of architectural changes in the city, monuments were built, the palace was expanded
- The Great Santhalan Library is founded, collecting all kinds of scrolls from the whole kingdom
- Sorain (the Voice) was introduced to communicate affairs between the clerics and the government

TIME OF INTERREGNUM (547-610)

547 - Destruction Santhala
Destroyed by the Mh'hi. Sacrifice of the last Axhi. Death of the King, most of the council as well, leaving a vacuum of power. A period without kings ensues.

I looked up what I could find about the Mh'hi to see, if I could link the end of the golden age and maybe the death of that King to the mh'hi and found some things that are a bit unclear.

Daltelr is obviously the last Axhi , who finds her death (sacrifice)

http://www.santharia.com/people/the_four.htm
That entry tells, that she is already dead... but well, could be an error of the author. ?

I found another entry of Wren also (I think, can't find it now), which says, that she has left Sarvonia to travel over the sea... or that we do not know about her whereabout.

That mh'hi dies, because she kills herself, I assume. (As Axhi/moh'hai are bound together. )

Do we know the name of that mh'hi or should we leave the whole affair a bit more mysterious? Or maybe somebody else claims the victory?

+++

Santhala:
History table says, that

THE AGE OF THE BLOOD
(YEARS 822 B.S. - 50 B.S.)
776 b.S.    Construction of the Town of Quia'ant
The building of the town of Quia'ant on the site of a smaller town along the river banks of the Thaehelvil River commences.

Wren writes in
http://www.santharia.com/library_old/stories/last_of_the_axhai_1.htm:

He [the guardian]is one only of five people in the city privy to the knowledge that Santhala was constructed to hide the prison of the Mhhi. The town was constructed by Saban Blackcloak to house the dark mages, loyal to himself, that held the Mhhi enchained deep down in the bowels of the earth. At first it does not seem like an obvious choice for a hiding place, right in the middle of a populated country, but think about it! The creation of Santhala was in fact the ideal hiding place for the Mhhi. The Mhrnn, posing as the true saviour of the darkfriends was embarrassed when the Mhhi, close in thought to Cor himself, would not do his bidding. The Rimmerins Ring was local to Alvang, it was secluded, he did not need his mighty army to take the creature there. And once imprisoned far below the mountains, the darkfriends did not ever question, nor wonder at the Mhhis disappearance, just as no one questioned mages living in a small isolated settlement. All Caelereth knows that mages are curious types at the best of times! And these mages were the first of... the Guardians.

Soon though, the town began to flourish of its own accord. The land was good and productive, the Yellow river was a life giving vein that allowed easy transport, and the city was the ultimate in defensive sites, enclosed in the Rimmerins Ring.

Then, Saban went down the volcano Hckra, and left Caelereth forever. Worried about what the Mhhi would do to its tormentors and trappers, and without Saban to protect them, the mages kept it imprisoned out of fear, never breathing a word of its existence to anyone outside their circle. And so the irony came to be that the mages who once had worked for Saban, gradually became the protectors of the kingdom that grew out of his defeat, an irony that would not have been lost on the Mhrnn, I am sure.

Thus the capital of the New Santharian Kingdom, Santhala, the symbol of freedom, justice and unity under the great King Santhros was built on what the Mhrnn himself had created. Santhala was built on a secret and a lie.

--->  Saban Blackcloak (210 b.S.-approx. 200 a.S.)

Should we change that slightly? Saba used Quia'ant, founded a small comunity of not Ximaxian (dark) mages, who finally melted in the society of the little town, but the guardians worked in secret?

next:

Wren dated the events to 299a.S.
The year is 299 after the rise of Santhros. Peace and stability seems to be part of the daily regime. Southern Sarvonias bitter past seems to be well behind them.

And, so we must make a beginning in a place that would seem best to make a start: some fifty years before the events of the introductory passage. It is the latter half of the reign of King Agyslam. He himself is now some 48 years of age and has reigned for nearly 30 years. We find ourselves in the streets of Santhala, the very bastion of life in Santharia. Home of the King, the Royal Court, many scholars and academics and to a largest and most diverse population probably in the whole of Caelereth; and today is market day.

I'm not sure, where to the story should head, why Carila was important. When the outbreak of the moh'hi should happen. Chapter I happended 50 years before Carila.

I hope it is possible to change the date to 547a.S. To adapt the story a little bit. (Or just to leave inconsistencies) Agyslam could be the father/grandfather of the architecture king (Santhran Sanaerrin The Magnificent???)

History is confusing!   rolleyes

« Last Edit: 13 January 2013, 23:32:54 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2013, 00:05:46 »

Oh dear.

I have been a member of this site for four years, but I don't understand Talia's post. What is a Mh'hi?

I found a reference to the Mh'hi here (with different spelling, by the way - no apostrophe, and no accent on the 'a'), but I'm still not sure who they are.

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2013, 00:24:04 »

I had problems to find something about the mh'hi also, only over Axhai did I finally succeed  Big Grin

The Axhi are a kind of superelves which Ava dreamt in the beginning, even more than the lightelves of the Thaelon, I think. (That means closer to the heart of Ava). 8 of the vanished early, four remained.

The mh'hi are their dark counterpart, but not much is known/written about them. What is 'fact' is, that to each Axhi a moh'hai was linked, so when the Axhi died, the moh'hai died also, or vice versa. --> Vai'linai died (during childbirth?) because her dark counterpart died.

There could be more info about the moh'hai in the cosmological entries about the beginning of the world, which I did not have the time to check. The problem was, that the searchfunction was not very helpful.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2013, 19:08:50 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2013, 01:10:26 »

Aha! Thanks for explaining.

I am glad that you and others are interested in writing about elves and their history, so that I don't have to.  rolleyes

Ding-dong!
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2013, 02:15:37 »

shocked

...interested in writing about elves and their history..

no, no, only if I can't avoid it!  grin

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2013, 17:47:00 »

Well, the whole Mh'hi thing was something Wren dreamed up. And things get difficult if developers disappear who worked on some major concepts. Initially there were only the Axhai, which was a simple term for "elder elves". Wren made them to actual teachers of the races. Based on the concept that everything in Caelereth has its counterpart, the idea was born that there are dark elders as well, who set out to do the chaotic bidding of Cor. And that there was a link between them.

Note: There's a reference to the Mh'hi with another spelling on site, the "Mohai". If you search that you'll find at least one essential information: that the Mh'hi are most likely the Demon Lords, even though their number is specified in the Demon Lords overview with four (this has most likely to do with the fact that there are four elements).

We have only rudimentary information, which I summarize below.

12 Axhai, the elder elves (teachers)
4 Axhai remained, the Four (the last of the Axhai)
- Saol'lian (returned to light)
- Ioawlen (returned to light)
- Daltelr (became mortal)
- Vai'linai (became mortal)

12 (?) Mh'hi, the dark elder elves (destructors)
- Gelgath, Demon Lord of Ice (Water representative)
- Tsalokath, Demon Lord of Wrath (Wind representative)
- Khalkarot, Demon Lord of Shadow (elemental connection not clearly specified)
- [unknown fourth elemental Demon Lord)
- Avsh'aela, the Bone Queen (?)

It's intentional of course that the information is fragmented, because that's how myth works. Nobody knows for sure. That's especially true of the Mh'hi, but there's another suggestion on site that suggests that Avsh'aela was one of them.

Anyway, there's lots that needs to be done in the whole affair to make things clearer. Maybe that's one of the main tasks after I've finished the Shoals preparation I should pick for this year - to revise or add major entries, e.g. starting from Av, Cor down to the Axhi and Mh'hi, the Four, adjust entries like Saban etc. They are all not according to our new templates anyway. And right now even in the Saban entry there's no mention of him trapping a Mh'hi under the location of today's New-Santhala etc.

Wren's started story about the Last of the Axhi has many inconsistencies, so feel free to move the dates around. But yes, the Mh'hi should die because she eventually sacrifices herself. The Mh'hi is freed by a traitor or something and then Daltelr kills herself and the Mh'hi with her. For the Demon Lords I intend to have a special kind of existence - they are only summoned, so live in some sort of elemental limbo, so they aren't mortal to be killed off in the same way as Daltelr does with the Mh'hi. In other words: That Mh'hi trapped down there shouldn't be a Demon Lord, but rather a mortal being of extremely high powers, most likely an elf like Avsh'aela.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2013, 19:07:37 »

Thanks,

agree with everthing  grin

Every time I look at the Demon Lords I get tempted to do one, but they have to wait, I fear.

I don't think I need to mention a lot about the end of the last Santhran, that can be added later. I thought I will make it a bit vague, if somebody wants to write an entry about the Axhai/Mohai and reveal more details, it can be changed always later.

Edit:
What is under Demon Lords said (Categorisation) is not very conclusiv, there is a lot to fix.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2013, 19:16:14 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2013, 19:31:39 »

Yep, it's all a bit messy. So it needs to be revised from top to bottom, starting with Cor, his various reincarnations etc. One can't just fix a part...  cool

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2013, 21:01:11 »

Thanks for clarifying lots of things for me, Arti, even though what the clarity allows me to see is that a lot is unclear, if that makes sense. Clear as mud, as they say.  rolleyes

What was your original intention, Talia? Am I correct in saying that you want to write an entry on a king who ruled in the 6th century, and that you hit a snag by discovering that this would involve clarifying the role of the Mh'hi during that time (as well as clarifying other things)?

Ding-dong!
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2013, 23:32:04 »

No, Shaba, I only want to finish this part of history we called 'The Golden Age of Kings', therefore I don't need to know (as the writer of the history) all things exactly. Later revelations can always be added. As developer I need to have some things pinned down though.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[12 December 2017, 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 54
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.