Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: People of Antislar- Iol Peninsula- Northern Sarvonia part 1  (Read 6636 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« on: 29 May 2013, 09:49:16 »

People of Antislar

Overview
One of the earliest races of men in the north, these people were originally referred to as the Icefolk, a people who inhabited the area of the Icelands Coast region of Northern Sarvonia.  Brutalized during the War of the Chosen, they persevered and survived the extreme environments of the north.   With the coming of the Kanapans from the South, they separated from the Ice Tribes, emigrating to the Iol Peninsula.  When the Third Sarvonian War came, these people joined the Darkfriends and waged war against those races from the south, as well as the Ice Tribes.  The ensuing centuries have seen them in countless wars with their main nemesis, the Remusians, which has created a culture unique to the Icelands.  

Their ruling monarchs are considered divine, but it is the temple priests that hold the true power.  Pragmatic, they do not share the Ice Tribe convictions when it comes to isolation and actively pursue knowledge. This includes magic, though not the same as Ximaxian style magic, which only adds to the Remusian animosity. They trade with orcs and humans alike, as well as the other races.  Power is their ultimate goal.

In truth, they are the most advanced out of the northern human tribes.  Though, whether that makes them an ally of the Kingdom of Santharia, and thus all the races of good, is still questionable.  Many scholars, and military leaders, still worry that they await the next coming of the shadow.  Though centuries old, the scars of the Third Sarvonian War can still be seen across the land.

Appearance
The People of Antislar are not the dark, swarthy figures of the Ice Tribes.  Having not intermarried with the Kanapan incursion in 9000 BS, the people of Antislar have more or less kept their Icefolk appearance.  They average nearly two peds in height, with the majority of people blonde haired and blue or green eyed.

The above description only refers to the full blooded majority of the Antislar.  This by no means includes the many mixed peoples of orcen, or elvish decent.  In this minority of people, many different variations in skin, hair and eyes can be found.  The Ice Elf mix of Antislar typically have very light features, with hair and skin almost white, and eyes of the coldest blue.  They are tall, even more so than the average Antislar, but lean more toward the thin side.   Half-elves are the rarest of the Antislar mixed ancestory.

The half orc mixture on the other hand, are usually thicker in build, with a shorter stature.  Their skin is usually a light shade of greyish green.  Very few have the typical red or yellow eyes, as the Rhom-oc who comprise most of the orc blood in the Antislar, do not have a prominent red or yellow eye colour.

Even with the general acceptance of intermarriage and mixed races, there is a pervasive bigotry inherent with the Antislar society.  Those born with darker features are often regarded as Remunapans, a derogatory term that combines Remusian and Kanapan.  They are assumed to have undesirable bloodlines, including Remusian or Kanapan. This does cause an inconvenience for those of mixed orcen heritage who do not have prominent orcen features.  In order to distinguish themselves from the Remunapans, the darker half orcs will usually wear a cosmetic greenish grey paste on their face to highlight their orcen heritage.  This allows them to largely forego the bigotry towards the darker features.

Coat of Arms
The People of Antislar have a Coat of Arms that is a two faced profile, the two-faced deity known as Koraya.  

Territory
Antislar if found in the extreme northern edges of the continent of Sarvonia, at the base of the Iol Peninsula, between the Iceland Coast in the east and Caaehl'heroth to the west.  Antislar itself is bordered on the east by the Bay of Calinth, south to the border with Remusia at the Mantle River.  From there, across the nothern reaches of the Heaths of Wilderon, it crosses westward to the Gulf of Oh'Cant'Aewlwyn and the delta of the Camlyn River.  The gulf forms the western boundary of Antislar.  Antislar reaches as far north as the Tors of the Wind and Lofty Lake.

Most of the population of Antislar live south of Mt. Ashtvin.  North, beyond this, most of the people are in small outposts along the way to Lofty Lake.  This forms a chain for traders and hunters to stop in while making their way north in spring or south in fall.  Often poor lawless places, these settlements can be particularly rough.

It must be noted, that in this area, along the coast of the Gulf of Oh'Cant'Aewlwyn is an area known as the Isthmus of Doom.  The Antislar people do not claim this area, and for the most part, stay out of this hostile and dangerous land.

People
Passionate.  This word can definitely be used to accurately describe the Antislar people.  They live life to the fullest and enjoy it.  They put a lot of gusto into how they live, even though most people are poor.  Any chance it seems, to hold a festival or celebration is taken where good food, good friends and good drink can be pertaken to the sounds of musicians and singers.  Even greetings are grand displays, where each person places their faces cheek to cheek on each side, representing the two faces of Koraya.  

The People of Antislar can be described as a very industrious people.  Everything they put their collective minds to, they seem to somehow find a way to do.  Some claim this is because of their past, and the troubles they have had.  Their cities are magnificent, and have the promise of even more splendor in the future.  They put a lot of energy into the beautification of their cities with tall sprires on many buildings and ornate architecture.

These people are also one of the closest tribes to the orcs.  They actively seek out trade with the orcs, practice no descrimination towards them, and in fact, intermarry quite commonly with them.  It has been estimated that fully one quarter of the population has some orc blood in them.  Still, this human-orc heritage is not a seperate entity as with other people of mixed ancestory.  They are all considered "the people".

As well, there is a small percentage of people who have Elf blood in them, from trading with the elves around Eight Winds Bay and northern Iol.  This is by far the smallest of the racial minorities in Antislar.  Most of these unions are made by traders who travel to Arthyrn lands and bring back spouses, though a very few are the Rangers who patrol the northern fringes of Antislar territory and marry Ice Elves, but this is extremely rare as the Ice Elves are notoriously reclusive.  It seems that the Ice Elves have accepted into their societies a very small number of these Rangers over the years who have shown an affinity to nature that very few humans of any race have achieved.  They have been welcomed into the elven society as, perhaps not equals but, special guests afforded all the liberties of tribe members.  It is this level of fratrinization that has allowed certain unions to occur.

The children of these unions are accepted by both the elves and the Antislar, though they are encouraged to live in the human cities.  It is not a matter of bigotry that the elves encourage this, nor do they do so in any verbal way.  It simply comes down to the fact that these half-elves tend to think more like humans than elf and would feel more at home among the humans until such time as they are old enough to choose to join elven society and learn the elven or ranger ways.

This disparate cultural amalgamation has created a language for the Antislar that is often hard for non natives to pick up on.  Very hard to master by non-Antislar, it is a combination of Kh'omchr'om, Ice Tribe and the Styrash dialect spoken by the Arthyrn.  There is also a word or two that seems to be from the Ice Elf Styrash, which has developed independently of the other Styrash dialects that developed from F'v'cl'r Styrash. To an outsider, it sounds as though the Antislar speak to each other jumping between the languages, combining words and phrases into a near gibberish to those not fluent in it.  Many speak not only this Antislar language, but one or more of the base languages as well.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2014, 04:13:43 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2013, 19:56:30 »

Hey Alt - I'm not here as you can see. Errmm, and I promised Coren to look at flowmancy, or did I just plan to say something?

This is marked for integration, but well, that never hindered me to comment   buck

Again, your nemesis is coming down on you!  grin

People of Antislar

Overview
One of the earliest races of men in the north, these people were originally referred to as the Icefolk, a people who inhabited the area of the Icelands Coast region of Northern Sarvonia.  Brutalized during the War of the Chosen, they persevered and survived the extreme environments of the north.   With the coming of the Kanapans from the South, they separated from the Ice Tribes, emigrating to the Iol Peninsula.  When the Third Sarvonian War came, these people joined the Darkfriends and waged war against those races from the south, as well as the Ice Tribes.

Appearance
The People of Antislar are not the dark, swarthy figures of the Ice Tribes.  Having not bred with the Kanapan incursion in 9000 BS, the people of Antislar have more or less kept their Icefolk appearance.  They average nearly 2 peds in height, with the majority of people blonde haired and blue or green eyed.  There are elements of their society that are darker in appearance, but they are not held in as high esteem.  These darker people are often regarded as Remunapans, a derogatory term that combines Remusian and Kanapan. They are assumed to have impure blood in them, either Remusian or Kanapan ancestry.

The above description only refers to the full blooded majority of the Antislar.  This by no means includes the many mixed peoples of orcen, or elvish decent.  In this minority of people, many different variations in skin, hair and eyes can be found.  The Ice Elf mix of Antislar typically have very light features, with hair and skin almost white, and eyes of the coldest blue.  They are tall, even more so than the average Antislar, but lean more toward the thin side.   Half-elves are the rarest of the Antislar mixed ancestory.

The half orc mixture on the other hand, are usually thicker in build, with a shorter stature.  Their skin is usually a light shade of greyish green.  Very few have the typical red or yellow eyes, as the Rhom-oc who comprise most of the orc blood in the Antislar, do not have a prominent red or yellow eye colour.  Many half orcs have brown eyes and darker hair.  In order to distinguish themselves from the Remunapans, the darker half orcs will usually wear a cosmetic greenish grey paste on their face, if they do not have other obvious orcen features.

People
Passionate.  This word can definitely be used to accurately describe the Antislar people.  They live life to the fullest and enjoy it.  They put a lot of gusto into how they live, even though most people are poor.  Any chance it seems, to hold a festival or celebration is taken where good food, good friends and god drink can be pertaken to the sounds of musicians and singers.  Even greetings are grand displays, where each person places their faces cheek to cheek on each side, representing the two faces of Koraya. Like that!

The People of Antislar can be described as a very industrious people.  Everything they put their collective minds to, they seem to somehow find a way to do.  Some claim this is because of their past, and the troubles they have had.  Their cities are magnificent, and have the promise of even more splendor in the future.  They put a lot of energy into the beautification of their cities with tall sprires on many buildings and ornate architecture.

Have you thought about how many people you have? In numbers? Can they actually have cities? How many people would live in such a city? How many people can this harsh land  support? Nothing against tall spires, but out of what material would you build these - in an area with temperatures under zero most of the time. How would you heat them, or are they just representative wihtout function?

These people are also one of the closest tribes to the orcs.  They actively seek out trade with the orcs, practice no discrimination  towards them, and in fact, intermarry quite commonly with them.  It has been estimated that fully one quarter of the population has some orc blood in them.  Still, this human-orc heritage is not a seperate entity as with other people of mixed ancestory.  They are all considered "the people".

As well, there is a small percentage of people who have Ice Elf blood in them, from trading with the elves in northern Iol.  This is by far the smallest of the racial minorities in Antislar.  Most of these unions are made by the Rangers who patrol the northern fringes of Antislar territory.  It seems that the Ice Elves have accepted into their societies a number of these Rangers over the years who have shown an affinity to nature that most humans of any race have achieved.  They have been welcomed into the elven society as, perhaps not equals but, special guests afforded all the liberties of tribe members.  It is this level of fratrinization that has allowed certain unions to occur.

The children of these unions are accepted by both the elves and the Antislar, though they are encouraged to live in the human cities.  It is not a matter of bigotry that the elves encourage this, nor do they do so in any verbal way.  It simply comes down to the fact that these half-elves tend to think more like humans than elf and would feel more at home among the humans until such time as they are old enough to choose to join elven society and learn the elven or ranger ways.

The yellow parts don't fit together well. At first one thinks the blond people do look down on all non-blond, then suddenly it is only the Remusapans and not the orc-mixs, though the latter are surely not very blond and to the race standard either. I think you need to explain that a little bit better. Why are the orc-mixs better liked and intermarriages not forbidden? I mean, who wants their children to have no blond hair and green eyes when this is the only look which holds an high esteem?

This disparate cultural amalgamation has created a language for the Antislar that is often hard for non natives to pick up on.  Very hard to master, it is a combination of Tharian, Kuglimz, Orcal, Ice Tribe and Styrash.  The Antislar themselves are proficient in all these languages, but in speaking to each other often jump between the languages, combining words and phrases into a near gibberish to those not fluent in it.

Ah, no, come on, fluent in all four languages, everyone? Do the Iceelves even speak Styrash anymore? Surely not the one the southern Sarvonian tribes speak (as there are differences even between the tribes there) , but how you are worded it one could think so. I think, that the Icetribes have long ago developed their own language and do not speak true Tharian either. I think we can assume, that the languages evolve as on Earth also, and Tharian was only developed much later, as the Icetribes had left F'v'cl'r already. So why should your people speak Tharian at all? Or the Icetribes in General?

Most of your people might speak orcish, some the Remusian language, some the Iceelf Styrash, the most educated maybe all - but even then, why should a high ranked person speak Styrash, if he has no connection to them like a ranger would have?

I know, this is about to become your favourite tribe, but don't make it great by giving it tall spires and let them know a lot of languages. Give them their own greatness, don't compare them with the Southern People! :D

And don't curse me too loudly!
  heart

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Amabella Catston
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2013, 07:28:59 »

I hope you don't mind, but I have a few questions...

I see they do a lot of trading, which is good, but I always wanted to have examples of the types of commodities the Antislar trade. Weapons? Food? Special Antislar objects that would make someone want to trade at Barsalon?  ;)

Also - do they produce the trade items themselves or are they only acting as "middle men" amongst isolated tribes of the north?

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2013, 14:32:29 »

Altario will cover that later under production/trade, Amabella, that's only the beginning of a long entry ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2013, 19:34:18 »

Have you thought about how many people you have? In numbers? Can they actually have cities? How many people would live in such a city? How many people can this harsh land  support? Nothing against tall spires, but out of what material would you build these - in an area with temperatures under zero most of the time. How would you heat them, or are they just representative wihtout function?
I'll worry about that when I go into the Architecture part of the entry.  Antislar do have access to wood more so than the Ice Tribes, so I can go a more conventional route with fireplaces.  The Mani can lift wood up to the many levels, and use a sort of elevator (even to lift people) to the highest spires.

Numbers?  I haven't made an exact count.  Antis will definitely be a city, but this is all relative.  A far north city would not be comparable to a southern city.  I'm not talking 50,000 people in the Capitol.  Maybe 10,000, and that will probably be 2/3 of the entire Antislar population.  With Remusiat having 9,000 people, 10,000 in Antis seems reasonable.

The yellow parts don't fit together well. At first one thinks the blond people do look down on all non-blond, then suddenly it is only the Remusapans and not the orc-mixs, though the latter are surely not very blond and to the race standard either. I think you need to explain that a little bit better. Why are the orc-mixs better liked and intermarriages not forbidden? I mean, who wants their children to have no blond hair and green eyes when this is the only look which holds an high esteem?
Reworked this to try and word it better.

Ah, no, come on, fluent in all four languages, everyone? Do the Iceelves even speak Styrash anymore? Surely not the one the southern Sarvonian tribes speak (as there are differences even between the tribes there) , but how you are worded it one could think so. I think, that the Icetribes have long ago developed their own language and do not speak true Tharian either. I think we can assume, that the languages evolve as on Earth also, and Tharian was only developed much later, as the Icetribes had left F'v'cl'r already. So why should your people speak Tharian at all? Or the Icetribes in General?
And how many languages do you know, Talia. :P  Took out Kuglimz and Tharian as well as making a note that Ice Elf Styrash is different from Southern Styrash.  Made it so that Antislar language is prominent with people speaking one of the base languages as well.

I know, this is about to become your favourite tribe, but don't make it great by giving it tall spires and let them know a lot of languages. Give them their own greatness, don't compare them with the Southern People! :D
Nope, I'm still a Remusian at heart.  But, I need a good enemy by which to forge my peoples greatness. :D

And don't curse me too loudly!  heart
Too late.  :P

Amabella, this is only the first part.  The Production and Trade entries will come later and you and I can cooperate in order to integrate what you need for your work. :)

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2013, 02:17:05 »

How many languages I do know? Well, first I learned how to speak 'high German', but I have been not very successful. I hope people know what I'm talking about, when I speak English. All other languages were time wasted... but you cannot compare that, your people do not have so many different languages/folks around them from whom they could learn, no French/German Youth Exchange program.. ;).

--  Styrash: I don't think it is an offshoot of the southern Styrash, it has the same roots, both have their roots in Fa'av'ca'lar.  Look at this map:
http://stuff.santharia.com/history/3.jpg
I think the iceelves emigrated already then. How much contact do they have anyway? The Contamar entry says
Very few other people have even visited, let alone lived in this land, and as such there is nothing about this forest that has been affected by anyone but the Evathonrhim, and perhaps the Gods. Return to the top
They were meant to be nearly non existent anymore while we were doing the migration Maps
- Ice Elves of the Forest of Contamar at the peninsula of Iol are (nearly) extinct. (War of the Chosen)
But that is up to you, but please think of altering the Contamar entry so that it fits.

Now, the following is just a discussion I like to have with you - you don't need to alter anything, ok?

This disparate cultural amalgamation has created a language for the Antislar that is often hard for non natives to pick up on.  Very hard to master by non-Antislar, it is a combination of Orcal, Ice Tribe and Ice Elf Styrash, which is an off shoot of Southern Styrash.

I'm ok with that, apart from the off shoot (which has the same roots as the Santharian Styrash, but has developed to a different language over the past 10 000 years) <--- that would be the case, I think!

The Antislar speak to each other jumping between the languages, combining words and phrases into a near gibberish to those not fluent in it.

I think I misunderstand you here. It sounds, as if they all speak every one of the three languages, but choose deliberately which one to use and change it in midsentence. Do you really thinkit is like this? Not a language which has evolved over the time? Which has started out as an Icecoast dialect (the same as the Himiko had and all the others before the Kanapans came), then it grew different  due to a certain  isolation from the other icetribes (the Remusians as thy are now are much younger, aren't they?). They then included a fair amount of Orcish (Orcal) , (maybe even different orcish tongues?), and, as elves always live much more remote and are much more different, a few Ice Elf Styrash. Not common words I think, but maybe special ones which were not included in the vocabulary of the human/orcs, like words for their Elvish homes, maybe special names for ice etc.

Note, that antislarish would be very different from the Remusian/Icetribe language, because they have surely a lot of Kanapan words integrated. I don't think, that there is much left what they have in common. Introduce a shift of vocals or consonants at a certain time and you can't understand the other anymore, especially when so much time has passed. I can't speak old or medieval German.

I think you have a new language, with its roots in Orcal and the old Icetribe language, with additions from the Iceelves and some newer words from the new Remusian language. And maybe some single words from Tharian.
Your people will of course speak Orcal too (the dialect which is closest to them or which they encounter during their travels), Ice elf styrash only, if you rewrite the elves as living not so reclusive as I thought they are (you did mention that already), but just because a few rangers were welcomed in the Ice elf society the majority of your people will not see any use in learning Styrash.

Many speak not only this Antislar language, but one or more of the base languages as well.

Just an idea, which stroke me just now: Do you really want to :( )de-mystify (that's no word, I know) ..to take the mythical component away from those elves? For your people they would not be as mythical as for the Southern people, they would know, that they really exist. But they could be the source of stories (true and not so true), somebody who lives not this far away , but is strange nevertheless. You could have your rangers who did not come back, you could have a few people who are said to have ice elf blood, but I would not write it as a fact. Contamar is a marvel and a wonder, if you mix these elves with your people, it will take away a lot of charme of both, the forest and the elves.
But that is up to you and nothing for me to decide. ;)
« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 02:22:33 by Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2013, 04:17:08 »

Orcal is the name of the orcish kingdom in western Nybelmar.  I think you probably meant Kh'omchr'om? 

What does "Southern Styrash" refer to, in this context?  I agree that the Ice Elves' Styrash probably derives from the version spoken in ancient F'v'cl'r , but does that seems a little too far north to really be called southern. 

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2013, 07:51:29 »

, apart from the off shoot (which has the same roots as the Santharian Styrash, but has developed to a different language over the past 10 000 years) <--- that would be the case, I think
 Think I fixed this.

I think I misunderstand you here. It sounds, as if they all speak every one of the three languages, but choose deliberately which one to use and change it in midsentence.
 I wasn't clear.  It isn't willy nilly that they change languages mid sentence, but just how their language developed borrowing words from each language.  English itself is quite a mishmash of many languages, so I kinda just made the Antislar language even more pronounced in this.  Where if you knew one of the core languages, you would recognize words but not really be able to follow a conversation.

Just an idea, which stroke me just now: Do you really want to :( )de-mystify (that's no word, I know) ..to take the mythical component away from those elves?]
Hmmm... I will keep it rare and mostly word of mouth to keep it vague, but I thought they were a real tribe, no?  Admittedly, most of my knowledge of them came from Garret's Eanian Warg entry, which is where I borrowed the Ranger idea.  The Elf Rangers and the Antislar would have formed an affinity.  From that entry, I assumed they were real and contemporary.  

Mina- changed to Kh'omchr'om, thank you.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 11:04:46 by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2013, 08:21:49 »

Arrgh, ice elves

I had their mentioning in the entry about the forest in mind:
http://www.santharia.com/places/contamar_forest.htm#People
Very few other people have even visited, let alone lived in this land, and as such there is nothing about this forest that has been affected by anyone but the Evathonrhim, and perhaps the Gods.

That fits not well to what Garret has said about the elves, though I always liked the remoteness of them. Garret's entry is older, but makes me feel a bit uneasy also - I think she underestimated the distances combined with the weather. That would have been a life's task for this Bartholem Stone. In addition - I think the ice elves do not generally travel as far as the White Sea or even Mount Gould. Their home is that forest. If I remember right, then your Antislar territory does only reach until  the Sea of Lol, so that would be quite a distance also.

I'll check the distances tomorrow. Maybe we should define the crude characteristics of these elves and do a one (or three) paragraph entry about them for the overview, just to avoid further difficulties. If you want their language to be part of the Antislar, then you need them to be far more open to foreigners then I assumed.

Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2013, 15:43:10 »

I know that this doesn't matter in this discussion, but I did not write the Eanian Warg entry. Honestly, I don't even know if I have read it. I worked on the warg project with Tharoc, but that 'breed' was his baby.

If there are any inconsistencies within the entry in relation to distances and other aspects, then I believe we should start a thread on that and discuss those problems and fixes as a group since that is a delicate subject, but at the same time, we cannot leave errors.

I will go read the entry and this thread to get caught up. The wargs were my territory as well and I will do what I can to help if we need to make some adjustments.

Edit:

Okay so it looks like the elves currently are said to only live in the Forest of Contamar. The developer was last online in 2009 and all I can find is a poll for the naming, the Forest entry, and then a 'rough sketch' of the religion. I think that this is a tribe that at least needs a defined territory and put on a list somewhere for someone to eventually write so that there is a little more solid documentation for issues like this.

I think it would be best to contain them to the forest and recommend reworking Tharoc's entry slightly to work with that.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a little Alt.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 16:25:23 by Garret Arroway » Logged

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2013, 21:05:21 »

Agree with Garret.

My work for today you will find
here

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2013, 03:27:41 »

Heh, sorry Garret, I just attribute any dog/wolf/warg entry to you unless proven otherwise.  rolleyes

Now, in other threads we have pretty much agreed (I think) that most of Northern Iol will be vast open wilderness.  The elves in Contamar and the Antislar in the south.  The Map with it's many cities was agreed again to be not reflective of what we wanted going forward, so we can ignore all of them.  So, that being said, much of that wilderness can be "shared" by the elves and the Antislar, where only Rangers and trappers go in search of furs.  A few trader camps can be set up here and there where it makes sense.

Now, if you want to keep the Contamar elves mystical, I can live with that.  You know how easy I am to work with.  I can change the elf influence on the Antislar language come from the Arthyrn with whom the Antislar trade with at Eight Winds Bay.

As far as for reason that the Antislar think that the Contamar elves exist could be from hunting parties from the Cyhallrhim.  The closest area to them, without populations, would be northern Iol.  The Ice Tribes would be hostile to them, perhaps the Kanapans would be adverse to dealing direct with them as well as they had trouble with elves in the past.  Perhaps then the Antislar Rangers and the Cyhallrhim meet once in awhile during winters when the elves cross the frozen sea to hunt there?

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2013, 03:48:36 »

As far as for reason that the Antislar think that the Contamar elves exist could be from hunting parties from the Cyhallrhim.  The closest area to them, without populations, would be northern Iol.  The Ice Tribes would be hostile to them, perhaps the Kanapans would be adverse to dealing direct with them as well as they had trouble with elves in the past.  Perhaps then the Antislar Rangers and the Cyhallrhim meet once in awhile during winters when the elves cross the frozen sea to hunt there?

I don't think that will work, Alt, the distances are too great, look at the attached map. Though I aimed in the middle of Cyhalloi, 8000 strals is still abit too much to travel for hunting.

Long line 29900 strals
shorter line 10 000 strals

Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2013, 04:46:58 »

buck  Work with me here!  Ugh

Uhm... any Elves in the Icelands directly north?

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 09 September 2013, 05:21:08 »

I will have a look tomorrow at your Antislar and will see where I can find some elves for you  :D

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 42
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.