Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Bard Judith!  (Read 30062 times)
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« on: 19 August 2005, 17:27:00 »

Need the Bard's attention? :wave            

Post a message here with a link to whatever you'd like me to see, edit, comment upon, or proofread...

Edited by: Bard Judith  at: 2/10/06 0:57

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Takashi Logan

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2006, 13:12:00 »

Masterbard!
I need you to take a look at the Dor'en. I have a lack of motivation for edits due to random reasons I cannot explain...
Dor'en

Edited by: Takashi Logan at: 2/11/06 20:13
Pikel

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2006, 02:22:00 »

(I think you may have missed it in your business, so i thought i would remind you of it)

*REPOST*

HI BARD!

Anyways, I am just in the process of thinking, and I would like to ask you a few things about a myth i am thinking of for your cute little dwarfsi-....i mean Your Hardy Thergarim.

As you read in Meen and the dragon, there is the Dragon Thuenn ( I forget what his name means, but it is something simple like "brass" or "bronze" or some such thing)

Anyways. I want to make a document of Thuenn for the compendium, but i am curious as to if i would make a library entry, or a people entry. The character is complete myth, but i am not telling a story, so much as telling of the mythic character of the dragon.

(BTW, if you could help me think of a name for this dragon, it would be much helpful. Basically, it's a gold drake that has a vast hoard of wealth, and punishes greedy people and such. He is basically anti greed person  )  

**DISCLAIMER** I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the above post. I would like to assure you that was (most likely) not my goal. I would also like to assure you that the above post (again, most likely) in no way reflects the views of the Santharian boards or their webmaster, Artimidor Federkiel.

Miraran Tehuriden

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2006, 13:19:00 »

High Bard, a Newcomer has some questions for you, but has appearently not discovered the way to your study... would you mind taking a look in the Main Hall? I left him in the waiting area...

Miraran Tehuriden..

'What the hell is he doing?!' - Ximaxian Fire Master, last words.

Feed the rats, leave a message!

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Elendilwyn
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2006, 11:30:00 »

Great Masterbard and Mentor!!!

Your apprentice got lost in the dungeon... too many possible routes to take and she is not sure which one works and is seeking some opinions.

Sorry to not have been as efficient but I have been sleeping over Ashmaid and I cannot think of anything original. Help? There is part one and two in the library forum.  

The artist usually sets out — or used to — to point a moral and adorn a tale. The tale, however, points the other way, as a rule. Two blankly opposing morals, the artist’s and the tale’s. Never trust the artist. Trust the tale.
- DH Lawrence

For the uncharted and unexplored, for the world that is in creation and for the minds that bring it to birth - Terra Incognita.
Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2006, 12:00:00 »

Thanks for the heads up and assistance, Mira!

My reply both above and below:

Hello, Swensen!

I use Adobe Illustrator, PhotoImpression, and Paint in conjunction to create my digital illustrations.  However, none of the above are actually meant as 'fine digital art' programs and I would not recommend them to any serious digital artist - just as I create my little pictures with only a Logitech mouse because I do not own and cannot afford a proper tablet and stylus.

I am a bit wary when you simply ask me for 'software', as it suggests that you have done no research on your own and have no experience with computer-assisted art at all.  It took me literally years to make the switch from traditional media into the digital field, and I have years more to go (and doubtless some better tools to buy) before I can begin to produce pieces that have the finish, finesse, and quality of our professional digital artists such as Faugar, Quellion, Eratin, and the like.  

As such, I can't really recommend anything to you.  You'll have to experiment yourself with various free programs such as Oekaki and Gimp (available online - do some googling) , but it is highly unlikely that at first you will be able to produce anything in the digital field that will be of an acceptable level.  Do you have anything online in your own style, whatever that might be, to give us an idea of your current artistry and level of accomplishment?  Please provide a link here, if so.

Regards from the bard,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Coren FrozenZephyr

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2006, 03:19:10 »

Hello Judith! When you have time can you help Decipher out with his White Advisor poem? I would much appreciate if you could guide him there all the way through as I am not at all competent in that area. Thank you! ::hugs::

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Jonael Tomeskrift

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2006, 02:08:07 »

Hoi Bard Judith,

I'm in the process of working on an entry which will represent an academy of engineering in Nybelmar, and which would include dwarven engineers. Hoever looking around the compendium, there is some vague reference (high dwarves and plain dwarves) but no more, could you possibly enlighten me a bit about which dwarven clan is into engneering and mechanics and evidently would have some individuals which went to the academy to work there in unison with human engineers?

Thank you for your time ^^
Hugs, (or bows if the master bard is untouchable ^^)

Jonael

Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2006, 12:10:07 »

(frowns) the quick answer is that the dwarven presence in Nybelmar is not nearly as influential / developed as it is in Santharia, my main focus.

But yes, the clan entries for both High and Plains dwarves are written and provide information - more than vague references!

Go look at the entry for the High Dwarves, AKA Kiingerim.  There are mentions of catapaults, so that's a start - and the various families within the clan who are responsible for various areas, such as trade, architecture, and the treasury.  You'll have to extrapolate a bit from that, but it's a start!  They would definitely be the clan which sends dwarves out, as the Plains Dwarves keep very much to their own customs and traditions.

Hope that helps!

Niccoli
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

Somewhere North of South

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 August 2006, 08:22:40 »

Hello! I have come to ask for help. I am being incredibly impatient, but it would be nice if I knew for sure someone would look at me neat little mite. http://www.santharia.com/dev/index.php/topic,10802.msg124724.html#msg124724

"It's a poor atom blaster that doesn't point both ways."
-Salvor Hardin
Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 19 August 2006, 03:59:33 »

I'd love to, Niccoli - and by the by, welcome most heartily to the dream - but I'm leaving for camping in a couple of hours for the whole weekend.

I'll be happy to look and comment when I get back; I also have a great hummingbird in the bestiary forum awaiting my perusal, so that will be two things to look forward to!

Kareesh Valendar

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2006, 00:28:20 »

Oh my gracious mentor, I finished basiloc...well, all except for the description. I was wondering if you could help me with that. I have no idea what to do with that. I added a lot more, so if you could find time to critique it, that would be wonderful. It's kinda low, but I'll bump it. *grumbles about them not going to the top when edited.*

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2006, 10:07:22 »

Erm, just wondering if you received my PM.  It's been a while, and I'm not sure whether I messed up somewhere or you just haven't gotten around to answering it yet. 

Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2006, 21:25:48 »

PM?  Er.... (checks)

Oops, yes, I did receive it - concerning Ximax's geography...

Haven't had a lot of time on the boards and am not at home at the moment.

However:  your proposal sounds sensible, as Ximax HAS to receive rain!  Be aware that there are a lot of volcanic areas in the peninsula, some extinct, some still 'active'.  The mountains were originally described by Thuja, I believe, but I tried to flesh them out in my Xirghurim submission (still not finished!) and I do have a sketch at home of how they might appear on the continent.  I'll try to get that to you once I'm back at my own computer and make sure we are 'on the same page' as regards their shape, layout, nomenclature, etc. Sounds good?

Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2006, 20:55:28 »

Yep, sounds good.  :)

Meanwhile, I think I'll be sending you another PM so as not to clog up this thread with the geography discussion. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Yesterday at 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1039
Latest: baracude
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 54
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.