Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Mistakes, typos, misspellings - post here!  (Read 49269 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 02 February 2004, 01:53:00 »

Okeydokey... This is a new sticky topic where we'll collect any mistakes, typos and misspellings you might come across when reading through the site, whether it got up with the current update or in previous ones.

Just post here what you find, though don't expect to have it immediately changed on the site. The thread is there to collect these things, and it will be checked and cleared from time to time just like our threads in the Language Forum where you can post new words :)

Thanks for pointing things out... If you you see your posts deleted, then the problem has already been taken care of and changes will be uploaded next update :)

Feel free to post whenever you find more.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2006, 20:35:59 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Fluffy Ramblers

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2005, 13:38:00 »

There are 34 search results on the word "Drow" which are easily replaceable by "elf" or "dark elf".

Well, that's it.

-----
The mouse flies!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2005, 03:04:00 »

Art, in the THE GOLTHERLON GNOMES (GOLGNOMES) entry is "chemistry " and "science" mentioned a lot. I thought, alchemy is the name for all "chemist" things here and that we tend to avoid "science" as well. It is mentioned too often to quote here a part. Would be nice if you could change this - or we schould state clearly somewhere, which words can be used and which we should avoid.
(Got problems at the RPG -board :)   )

We have Rayne here - she could look though her entry and change it...

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/13/05 9:35

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2005, 15:00:00 »

Once again, not really a mistake, but something that should be changed.

Quote:
To the south their only trade partner are trolls residing in the equally named mountains. Though they often ally on their raids it is unknown if the trolls have something worth to trade.
Quoted from the entry on goblins. According to that statement, goblins trade with trolls that live in the Troll Mountains (I just realized that it said that a while ago:lol ). I know that I should respect precedence, but less than a sentence needs to be edited so that it will not contradict my entry on trolls. Basically, it should say that the trolls reside in the Tandalas and not in the Troll Mountains.

The sun falls from the evening sky,
this life I cannot abide.
The eternal night draws nigh,
I seek the loving embrace of my lost bride.

Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2005, 11:11:00 »

BTW, the entry on the Tandala Highlands says that the Tandala trolls trade with goblins (referring to my above post about them).

The sun falls from the evening sky,
this life I cannot abide.
The eternal night draws nigh,
I seek the loving embrace of my lost bride.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 11/4/05 18:53
Rheine
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2005, 18:12:00 »

There are no solar eclipses in Caelereth, right?

Means this dragonkind, the solar dragon, mentioned in the Great Drake Overview page, cannot exist as it is described:

Quote:
SOLAR    DRAGON,  THE
Comes out in the daytime. During solar eclipses, the Dragon tends to watch the sun disappear and fly around its home until it returns. Usually a warrior. Has powerful magic.

::EDIT:: And EZBoard is jacked. I've made 4 posts with this account on this board and it only counts it as 1. In fact, it was at 2 in the Basic Principles thread and now it's at 1 again. :|

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Edited by: Rheine at: 10/23/05 2:16
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2006, 13:33:00 »

Origins. The Tryster is believed to have originated from oysters by a genetic defect long ago resulting in three valves.

Proposal:

In  old papers containing the bookkeeping of a merchant in Klinsor around the the ascension of Santhros (Thar?) to the throne a remark was found, that for the  coronation the newly discovered tree-valved oysters were ordered.
Therefore it is believed today, that the Tryster has originated from the simpler oysters .

Should we alert Judy?

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Ashen Gryphon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2006, 16:53:00 »

Hey guys... Another Clarification needs to be made to an Animal information

Gryphons are listed under Mythical Animals... Yet their info states they are Rare and have been seen... Including the Griffonrider info...

This is important because I know I wanted to play Ashen and have been declined due to Gryphons being Myth and another char apparently wanted a Gryphon pet... and was declined... SO we need to update the board with Clarification of these facts,,,

Rare or Myth?

Thanks!

To see another picture of Ash- click on the picture

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2006, 12:22:00 »

Thought this was a quite new entry, but there is a
"subatomic" which should be avoided (just left out) in the mineral's entry

"Ithildin (Moonsilver)
A close relative of mithril, but less valuable due to its weaker consistency. Found as fist-size hexagonal lumps pocketed throughout aggregate rock, it is porous and dull when forged into an item, and by sun or firelight appears a flat and unattractive leaden colour. However, some trick of its subatomic structure reacts when under moonlight to give a radiant reflectiveness, thus its common name “moonsilver”. Only used for ceremonial items and decorative jewelry, as obviously it is no asset for a warrior to ‘flash’ on and off when trying to creep up on his enemies by night..."

Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 April 2006, 21:02:00 »

Sort of an inconsistency.

In the Mullog Race entry it states that the remaining hobbit females in the Silvermarshes were raped by the all male population of orcs, because their population was dwindling etc. etc. However, in the history:

Quote:
The wounded orcs prove to be much more peaceful than expected (their militant brethren all fought till their death in the war) and suggest to support the halflings in building settlements together within the confines of the marshes. After a while, halfling and orcish blood is mingled.

This makes them seem much more peaceful than in the Mullog entry... so, which one? I'm not making any suggestions as to which, just thought I'd point it out.

-*Dagon Fai'Ur*-

Forgotten One
Reborn in the Light

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2006, 05:19:00 »

From the Gryphon entry:

A very special variety of the Gryph is the so-called Gryphon or Griffon, which represent beasts with the head, forelegs and wings of a majestic eagle and the strong body of a lion. However, it is supposed that these beasts in fact are not directly related to the Gryph.

Art, this is very confusing, is the gryphon a gryph or not? RPG-problems will sooner or later arise. What about rewording it like this?

When looking at the gryph, another  beast, a mythical one, comes to the mind: The Gryphon or Griffon, which represent a beast with the head, forelegs and wings of a majestic gryph or eagle and the strong body of a lion. However, it is supposed that these beasts  are not directly related to the Gryph.

There is a spelling error down in the myth section as well:

Myth/Lore. The Gryph is also the symbolic animal of the elven Goddess of Death and Coldness, Queprur. In elven mythology it is said , not saitd
that the so-called Gryph of Souls (sometimes also called Kiivosh) is said to bring the souls of the dead to the Mountain of Destiny when its time has come. There it will meet Queprur and Seyella, the Goddess of Destiny, to judge upon the life of the deceased. Return to the top

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2006, 14:01:00 »

Art, a person by the name of Kareesh Valendar is looking for herbs and spices (in the herbarium forum) She couldn't find much, so I looked and discovered that Squilla Fungus and Kragghi Vine are listed, respectively, under Moss and Fungi and Vines and Creepers but not under flavourings.  I don't know if there are other plants that may need to also be cross-referenced in this way.  I can look if you like to save you the time.  Bell-ring me if you'd like me to do that.

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2006, 20:44:36 »

I understand you have other stuff on your mind now, but as I came across there, I've posted them here for future correction.

Take the Site tour >> Walkthrough
Funny thing is that a certain Shendar lady still hasn't painted the Baveras image  cool
who is travelled >>>> 'has travelled'
he turns round and heads >>>> 'he turns around'
how the world come into the being >>>> 'came into being'
removing not existent dust before opening >>>> 'removing nonexistent dust' >>>> 'removing dust which is not there before'
Day 2
This time you notice approaching him >>>> 'you notice him approaching'
for the perhaps most precious we have >>>> 'for perhaps the most'

religions >> Ava
One last devine Thought is reported of the Goddess >>>> One last divine Thought

More to come later perhaps.

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
colossuem

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 October 2006, 07:20:54 »

On the Tower Shield forum it uses feet not a more santharian meseaurment

Lord of the Rings Quote-"All that is gold does not glitter,not all who wander are lost,the old that is strong does not wither,deep roots are not reached by frost,from the ashes of fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring,the crownless again shall be king"
Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 December 2006, 07:32:26 »

I'm not sure if this is a mistake. 

Kaiér (as in, the Kaierian warriors) is listed as meaning 'high warrior'.  The word for 'high' is indeed kái, but warrior is 'raín'.  The word ér means 'by', and I doubt it's supposed to be used in compounds this way.  This makes me wonder if kaiér was a mistake, and that kaierian is misspelled (it means 'high sense' now, assuming the correct styrash spelling is kái'erián), and should instead be kái'raín. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 68
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.