Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Mistakes, typos, misspellings - post here!  (Read 49272 times)
Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 07 February 2011, 00:10:21 »

The entry on Weights and Measures also talks about "degrees" when it mentions "periks".

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #76 on: 24 May 2011, 05:25:12 »

Hello Art,

I wanted to comment on Ath‘s Ciosans, did some research about the Glandorian and found some problems which should/could be remedied easily, mostly in the Kanapan Entry.

The Avennorian entry says, that the Glandorians were fairly small,

Avennorians have to be accounted to the smaller built tribes of the Southern Sarvonian continent, with a standard size of approximately one ped and two fores (between one ped and six or seven handspans), making them only a bit larger than the remarkably small Eyelian Tamers.

The Kanapan entry says, they are two peds tall

A small number of Kanapans known as the Eferme (thought to be a twisting of the Styrásh, Eferanhé'me'kroín, Eferanhé'me'kroín, lit. "Burnt Human") look very different from the normal Kanapan. Amongst themselves some of the historians still refer to them as Glandorians. This is due to the fact that they are not the original inhabitants of this land, but rather had come quite some time later, though when that might actually be has become lost in the depths of time. The Eferme average two peds in height and are stockier than the Kanapans. In fact they resemble much of the other humans of Northern Sarvonia with their pale complexion and tendency towards blond and red hair with blue and grey eyes. Despite these physical differences time has caused them to become integrated into the society and they adhere to much that the native Kanapans do.

That can be easily corrected by changing the numbers to those of the Avennorian entry.

But as you are anyway there, you could alter the following part also, which says, that they came later to the opposite. We said, that should happen, when we did the migration maps. here

I quote you:

Changes necessary to entries on the site:

- Glandorians came before the Kanapans to the Kanapan peninsula (between 13.000 and 12.0000).
- The Kanapans came after the Fall of Fá'áv'cál'âr and part of the Glandorians moved to Cyhalloi (Kasumarii?), another part moved to found Ciosa (they became later the Avennorians), the rest remained and was integrated into the Kanapan society (Eferme subtribe).
I propose following:

A small number of Kanapans known as the Eferme (thought to be a twisting of the Styrásh, Eferanhé'me'kroín, Eferanhé'me'kroín, lit. "Burnt Human") look very different from the normal Kanapan. Amongst themselves some of the historians still refer to them as Glandorians. This is due to the fact that they inhabited their peninsula (or even more) already, when the dark skinned tribe which is today known as Kanapans, arrived. In fact they resemble much of the other humans of Northern Sarvonia with their pale complexion and tendency towards blond and red hair with blue and grey eyes. Despite these physical differences time has caused them to become integrated into the society and they adhere to much that the native Kanapans do.

This way, it would be easier to explain also, that they have a totally other religion (as Athviaro plans it? See hiveling myth: The founding of Ciosa) as those in Fa‘av‘calar. We don‘t need to add a time there (after 13000b.S.), that can be decided at a later point, but  you could add, say  around 13000 b.S. also, but who would know it? They could be part of those people, who migrated very early north
See here:
http://stuff.santharia.com/history/2.jpg

You would need to change the time of their arrival in the time table in the Kanapan entry also. And the main History tables?

That‘s all so far!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Garret Arroway
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 16

Kyranian

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 30 October 2012, 11:08:08 »

This is not quite a mistake, but I was browsing through the canines and apparently, I never correctly did my homework. The Koyote Canine is mentioned to be both a wild and domestic canine (with a specific domestic line of the breed). I don't know if we want to keep it just under wild or double list it, but it makes sense to me that it would go under the 'dog overview' as well (listed under Terriers as it is a small game hunting dog when domesticated).

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him.
Remember what it is to be alive.

Garret's Development Schedule
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30 October 2012, 21:50:15 »

Re the picture caption here:

The fearsome sight of a Dravilonia. Obviously the beast got rid of its rider... Picture drawn by Mikael Isilhir.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #79 on: 31 October 2012, 04:08:45 »

@Coren & Garret: Ok, both things are fixed now. The koyote is now also not only in the Dogs Overview, but also in the menu under Domesticated Animals.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 31 October 2012, 05:47:02 »

Wow, Art, you are ultra-efficient today! What's your secret? ;)

EDIT: I promise to use it for the betterment of Santharia.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Vesk Lyricahl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 14 December 2012, 06:44:32 »

Numerous spelling errors in the Kyranian entry.

A spell-checker will catch many of them, but I think there are others that will require a read-through with human eyes to catch.
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #82 on: 17 January 2013, 06:55:39 »

History table, SS, Thar and Curogana fall in love twice - propose to skip the first. The second sentence does not fit to the first also (she leads the army from the moment on she falls in love?)

The Thar entry says, they fall in love
Affection between Curogana and Thar. In 509 b.S. after a battle that Thar and Curogana fought together and barely survived finally they decided to express their feelings. Curogana made the first step and Thar followed. After a long discussion they decided to keep their love secret from the masses.

508 b.S.    Thar and Curogana
Thar and the Centoraurian princess Curogana fall in love.
Curogana from this date on will lead the army fighting as a man.

507 b.S.    Coronation of Curogana to the Centoraurian Anactara
King Ascandir of Centorauria is killed in the battle of Salazar. His sons are all killed, but with the unanimous vote of the Fratric council his daughter, Curogana, succeeds him. She is both beautiful and daring. She leads the army and fights like a man. She becomes Anactara of the Centoraurians at the age of 20. - Thar continues to serve his beloved with loyalty.

505 b.S.
to 502 b.S.    Three Year Drought at the Elverground
The Elverground Suffers a three year long drought.

503 b.S.    Battle at the Ilian Plateau
The humans achieve a victory against the Sanhorrhim sovereign Iythill Goldleaf. A part of this success is owned to an Erpheronian nobleman, who attacks the elves from the flank. His name is Thar, and he is dedicated wholeheartedly to the human cause. His virtue and wisdom impress the Centoraurian Anactara, while he is impressed by her beauty and fighting skills. The two of them fall quickly in love but they don't decide to proceed because the war is still on. However, they keep cooperating and fighting together for the next years.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2013, 07:06:21 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Brynjar Grau-eck-Shanno
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 21 January 2013, 20:18:41 »

Minor spelling error on the Glass Winged Butterfly entry, under Territory the link to the Thunderfoot beast entry reads 'tunderfoots'.

In a time long since past, in a place flat and barren and white, there was a tree.
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #84 on: 26 January 2013, 20:00:11 »

Proposal:

Construction of the Broken Wing
In the years after Santhros' reign some of the children of the village left to see the world.

When skimming through the tables I always womdered, what that broken wing was, you don't know it, until you lok at alocations.

Either name Shneerin already in the heading (Construction of the Broken Wing in Shneerin) or name it in hte first sentence

In the years after Santhros' reign some of the children of Shneerin ..

Would be clearer this way :)

Birth of the Santharian princes Dagmin Hammersfeld and Dagrin
King Dagolth celebrates the birth of two heirs, his twin sons Dagrin and Dagmin.
Allocations: Dagolth, Santhran; Santharia, Kingdom

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #85 on: 27 January 2013, 22:33:46 »

Birth and Death of Leifring Hammersfeld
Leifring Hammersfeld, the second son of Santhran Lysarian Hammersfeld and Ithvinna Rigvildskan is born, but dies during birth. (228aS)

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #86 on: 21 February 2013, 18:23:25 »

No mistake, but I could not remember Ciosa's first name - Troi - and therefore found him only with the search function. Maybe list him under 'C' like Ciosa also.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #87 on: 22 February 2013, 03:59:16 »

Well, the crux of this request is that we'd have to list all our People twice. In the alphabetical People section, all the Categories, the Compendium complete list, and what not. And there's also a big disadvantage if we do this: People will actually be listed twice and things get very confusing, say if there are three entries in a Category we suddenly might have six entries in the menu...

The thing is that we need one consistent way to list People entries, and right now they are listed with their first name first (e.g. Talia Sturmwind), and not their second name as would be common in, say, lexicons (e.g. Sturmwind, Talia). A change would mean a lot of work at any rate, so I'm hesitant to do that and would suggest to keep it the way it is right now.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #88 on: 22 February 2013, 06:38:23 »

Hmm, right, maybe we should point to the search function more often... I remember I was here already for some time - as others, until I noticed it.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #89 on: 24 March 2013, 19:03:17 »

History table, Thaehelvil River

356    Dangerous flood in New-Santhala
The first canalisation of the river into a canal system in New-Santhala results in a worse than normal flood. New flood defences, such as levees are constructed to help prevent another severe flood.

419    First Mill on the Thaehelvil
The first water mill is built on the Thaehelvil River, harnessing its power to drive milling wheels.

At this time it is still Santhala , without the 'New'

I wonder, if the first water mills were not built much earlier,  maybe these are some advanced ones. I would like to be able to attribute such an advance one to one of the Santhrans in the GA era, would that be possible? 100 years earlier or so. They are not mentioned in the entry itself.

Edit: Can I add/alter, built up on that flood? Just a few sentences.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2013, 19:06:04 by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Today at 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1039
Latest: baracude
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 68
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.