Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Poisons - Any takers?  (Read 8992 times)
Stormraven

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« on: 31 May 2006, 23:26:00 »

This is the start of my humble attempt at cataloging the poisons of Santharia and will be a long process so please bear with me and do not be afraid to comment at anytime during the course of this process. (Keldren Stormraven)

Poisons Overview
Poisons come from a wide variety of sources, from plants and minerals to various animals. Each poison has its own methods for harvesting, from gathering Allia Berries to "milking" the Lukrinam snake. Poison crafters have a two fold pourpose, they make the poisons by harvesting them and using various means to concentrate them, they also create the cures for their poisons. The effects of poisons very from source to source but in the end they all share one common factor, in the right concentrations they cause death.
Antidotes to many poison are available but their are some that have no known cure, like the tyrscaru Sea Lily, a poison commonly used by Kasumarii assassins.
Below you will find a list of poisons, their sources, methods of harvesting and concentration and any known cures.

Poisons from plants of Santharia
Foolsbed Dew-
Effects-
If more than two drops of pure Foolsbed Dew are taken it puts the person into a deep sleep they cannot be roused from and within five hours they will stop breathing.

Harvesting Method-
To harvest Foolsbed Dew one must go into the desert and find the Foolsbed Bush, also known as Wanderthorn or Batbush. After finding the bush one must carefully gather the thorns of the plant where they collect moisture. Once this is accomplished the thorns are mashed into a pulp and then pressed to extract the liquid know as foolsbed Dew. The Dew in its pure form can then be taken by mouth or rubbed into the skin. More than two drops applied in either manner will result in death.[/color]

Allia berries-
Effects-

The Anemonel-

The Arryi-

Crimson Rose-

The Wild Rose-( I know that this one is going to be subject to a name change eventually at which time I will change it in this list.)

Fire spark grass-

Hrugchuk grass-

The Puliquay-

Bikiri tree fungus-

Frent mushrooms-

Querprur's love-

Willow tree bark-

The False Heart-

krakenweed-

The Pondpad-

Tyrscaru sea lily-

Poisons from creatures of Santharia.
Crystal Spider Venom-

The Scorpion's tail Venom-

Woolly Cob-

Fire Myrmex-

Cheerk Worm-

Lukrinam Snake-

Rahaz-Dath Sand Viper-

False Rock Lizard-

Ranlesh Venom-

Nybelmar sand lizard poison-

« Last Edit: 06 August 2010, 04:58:53 by Seeker » Logged

Not all who Wander are Lost J.R.R. Tolkien
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2006, 07:00:00 »

Maybe write this as an industry entry?

Drasil Razorfang CD

Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2006, 08:18:00 »

Thankyou Drasil, that is a good idea. I have been wondering what format to use regarding the poisons list. Perhaps an industry style entry would be best, though it will be HUGE. I have so far found forty some odd poisons on the site not including metals such as lead or things like pottasium and chlorine and other natural elements.

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2006, 17:35:00 »

This entry looks very interesting.  Would you mind ez-mailing me or giving me a bell-ring when you finish?  I really would enjoy seeing the final product

Drasil Razorfang CD

Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2006, 20:59:00 »

I will be sure to let you know when I have completed the project Drasil.

Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 June 2006, 11:49:00 »

I have updated the entry a bit with an overview and changed the first entry on the Foolsbed Dew with a format I was thinking about using for the rest of the entries. Let me know what you all think so I can start knocking these out.

Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2006, 11:49:00 »

Hey Stormraven.  Just stopping by to pick up a poisons catalouge from our local Apothecary :D  

Just a quick comment, the way you have your thing set up with the appearance of the poisionous plant and what the poision does is very confuisng.  Maybe try doing what Judy has done in her cheese entry?  Its much easier to read and much less confusing IMHO.

Edit:  Actually on second though, I think that the way you do it would work, however take out the headings IMHO.  Just write two paragraphs in each.  IMHO, the headings make it consfusing and busy.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 6/4/06 20:00
Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2006, 15:18:00 »

I thought it was important to define how te poison itself looks. some poisons, like snake venom has a milky almost pearlescence to it whil some are clear. some are thick and some as thin as water. Some even have specific colors tastes and odors. I did not make mention of those in this entry because I have not found information on the odor or taste. I Will make up descriptions for most of the poisons and hope nobody minds.
I am still undecided about the subheadings in each entry. I thought they may be usefull for someone who needed info on a poison but did not have time to read the whole entry. They could just glance and find the subheading, like affects or appearance and go from there.

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2006, 16:12:00 »

Poisons Overview
Poisons come from a wide variety of sources from plants and minerals to various animals. Each poison has its own methods for harvesting, from gathering Allia Berries to "milking" the deadly Rahaz-Dath.
No, lol, you can‘t milk the Rahaz Estar, you may only collect it from a dead beast. So choose  better another less dangerous poisonous snake for milking and add, that some venom are not available for harvesting Poison crafters have a two fold purpose, they make the poisons by harvesting them and using various means to concentrate them, they also create the cures for their poisons. The affects of poisons vary from source to source but in the end they all share one common factor, they cause death.
No, surely not all poisons cause death, there are surely ones which do only damage!
Counters to many poison are available but their are some that have no known counter, like the tyrscaru Sea Lily, a poison commonly used by Kasumarii assassins.

Try not to repeat words , like counter, formulate it differently. BTW, my dic didn‘t find the word counter for anti venom, like you use it here.
Below you will find a list of poisons, their sources, methods of harvesting and concentration and any known cures.

Poisons from plants of Santharia

Foolsbed Dew-

Appearance-
Foolsbed Dew is a harmless looking clear liquid that, when used in small quantities, can help bring sleep.
Don‘t mention, what it does under appearance
Effects-
If more than two drops of pure Foolsbed Dew are taken it puts the person into a deep sleep they cannot be roused from and within five hours they will stop breathing.
Harvesting Method-
To harvest Foolsbed Dew one must go into the desert and find the Follsbed Bush, also known as Wanderthorn or Batbush. After finding the bush one must carefully gather the thorns of the plant where they collect moisture. Once this is accomplished the thorns are mashed into a pulp and then pressed to extract the liquid know as foolsbed Dew. The Dew in its pure form can then be taken by mouth or rubbed into the skin. More than two drops applied in either manner will result in death.

I would add a very short de*****ion of the plant from where it comes first and where to find this plant, then describe the appearance, effect and usage.
Btw, from reading the de*****ion of the usage section of this plant, I didn't have the impression, that the thorns are collected and pressed out, but that the liquid is directly collected from this fanlike things. Would be very interesting to develop there an more original way - maybe collecting it with a straw - you may not touch the other fans while doing this.... ;)  Be inventive!

A good start - and don‘t bother about your appearance of the whole post meanwhile, as long as it is good to read.  What you could think of in addition is, to list the poisons after the strength, maybe in an extra paragraph?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2006, 21:30:00 »

Try 'antidote, counter, antivenom, simple, specific, curative, remedy' (all nouns that might work)

Fire Myrmex is poisonous - no specific applications given, but possibly in large enough doses could cause nerve damage.

Some poisons paralyse and only cause death through second-party factors (such as having your head bitten/cut off), while others could affect specific parts of the body - close up the lungs, clot the blood, overstimulate the heart, etc.  You could be quite creative with this, because many medicines are poisons in too-large quantities, just as many poisonous substances can have positive effects in minute (my-NUTE) doses.  

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2006, 20:14:00 »

Sorry for he lack of visible progfress folks but I have been busy I will try to get this as well as my other stuff updated this weekend, probably sunday.

Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 June 2006, 23:13:00 »

Sorry I have not updated recently. I got caught up in some stuff and haven't had much time. I should have some time coming up this week and there will be a big addition to the entry.

colossuem

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 September 2006, 20:41:24 »

I really like the idea so keep working on it  grin thumbup

Lord of the Rings Quote-"All that is gold does not glitter,not all who wander are lost,the old that is strong does not wither,deep roots are not reached by frost,from the ashes of fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring,the crownless again shall be king"
Stormraven

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 November 2009, 00:58:09 »

Well back to the grinding whell. I made some small alterations but now my EZcodes don't work so I need to go back and start over from the beginning I guess

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 08 November 2009, 18:18:47 »

Stormraven, it might be the easiest way to copy it out from my comment into word (or what ever you have) and  paste it in your old post. And then just have a short look at the collection of poisons you have.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1086
Latest: v1c3nte13
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 108
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!