Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Puliquay Herb.....  (Read 2824 times)
Mepui Lei

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 22 January 2002, 15:24:00 »

Description: The Puliquay is a rare herb found mostly on the content of Aeruillin. Blossoming in the plain of the dead this ancestral flower is well sought after. It has a brown stem and stays near the ground. The bloom from this desert flower is dull and easily mistaken for a Kila weed. The dull orange color blends into the desert sand. It grows well in sweltering places or high temp and low moisture.

Territory: Mostly found on the continent of Aeruillin but can be found where the deserts conquer. As was said very scarce and can't be detected very well unless you have stumbled across them.

Usage: When boiled with the water from the Sea of Tardulan it produces a potent poison used for suffocating the enemy. It bubbles out of the container which has been mixed and floats with the wind destroying multicellular organisms. The water has a mysterious effect making the weed release a poisonous gas. The gas contains parasites that are quite microscopic. They were present on the surface of the bloom but not as potent as they were in their gaseous stage. They are then lighter than air and begin to imbed themselves into there host eating away it's flesh or bark etc. once they come in contact.  So one who uses this herb must experiment with extreme caution not to let the gas flow in there direction. (The brownies were able to do this because the containers they used were usually much taller than them and the parasites usually floated upward. They were immune to the parasites in solid form.)

Myth/Lore/Origin: Though no one knows where it came from the brownies were the first to harness it for their way of life. Other species tried to add this to their arsenal but could not harness it because the bloom itself was to fragile. The Oils from the Brownies pores on their fingers seemed to nullify the tiny parasites that lived on the Blooms surface. Other races became severely sick when they touched the bloom. Brownies being experts in herbs they manipulated the herb to their advantage to spread the poison towards enemy troops. Only for protection, never to destroy the world that the Life Tree presented them in. It was said that the continent of Aeruillin was once a paradise but an Ogre that tried to produce the poison produced enormous amounts, took a deadly wif and died. At this disastrous turn of events the poison spread throughout the continent destroying everything. But that is only legend told to brownies when they are children. But the herb is very real. And it's properties as well.

Constructive criticism please :)      
I look forward to it.

Even the Smallest of people can change the course of History.
Mepui, The Greenbark Brownie

Edited by: Mepui Lei  at: 1/25/02 12:08:08 am
Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2002, 00:03:00 »

Looks ok to me except the part about wind magic. It is the elves that are in touch with wind magic, not Brownies.

Also Brownies (except for Milken) don't believe in Ava. They believe in the spirits of rocks, trees, and streams. In Aeruillin they would take a more agnostic or atheistic approach.

Maybe also describe its effects more precisely?

:)
Good to see you writing, Mepui/uni

Brownie Expert

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2002, 15:05:00 »

Like it, but I would say it doesn't differ from weed. What is weed in the desert? Something people don't need? I think you can't do such a distinction.

Some people say I'm naughty.I'm not. I have the heart of a young girl.  - In a jar, on my desk.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2002, 15:27:00 »

OK I switched some things around.

First I did away with Avà in place of the Life Tree...

Then I changed he Wind magic part.

I took into consideration of what Talia said so I said it resembles a particular weed. I guess that means I have to make another Herbanium thing about that too.

Grrrrrr.....  >:

Just playing :)  I thanks for your comments. Now I have to work on the other thing Greybark was saying about.

Hmmmm....

Tell of anything else you guys can help me out with!

:eek  I know!

Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2002, 15:34:00 »

OK Added a lot to usages. If you see ANYTHING! feel free to let me know!

:)

:lol  

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2002, 23:23:00 »

"The gas contains parasites that are quite microscopic. They are lighter than air and begin to inbed themselves into there host eating away it's flesh or bark etc. once they come in contact."

Excellent! I love the description!

Hmmm......maybe have the other races not be able to use it as much because of the dangers of storing and using it? Just thinking, the elves are still much more in touch with nature than Brownies....unless the elves had no intrest in such a life-destroying thing? Rambling a bit, but this is the only part that I think still needs to be refined.....I will be including a link to your entry in the upcoming Memnoor Tribe entry.... I like it.....it definitely fits the Memnoor....  

Brownie Expert

Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2002, 18:18:00 »

Thanks Greybark for the compliment! It's greatly appreciated.

On another note. I took consideration about the brownies only being able to use it and added to that. I think it should work now. Please let me know!

Another thing....

What in Sorren's Green Pasteurs are the Memnoor?

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2002, 23:39:00 »

Natural resistance....interesting......

Looks good to me!

Anyone else have comments?

BTW: Memnoor is the new name for the Brownie Tribe that lives just within the Etherial Void.....it just means Void city (shortened from Ro-memnoor, Brownies of the Void city) in Browniin (Memnoor Browniin, of course)

Brownie Expert

Edited by: Greybark at: 1/25/02 5:45:20 am
Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2002, 16:19:00 »

O ok! :/

:lol

Yes thanks! Ok Anyone else have anything else to say?

Now what happens now?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2002, 15:43:00 »

If there are no further objections I'll see if I can already integrate it this update:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2002, 22:42:00 »

HORRRAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
now let's see what else can I do....

Mepui Lei

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2002, 22:49:00 »

Awesome I just checked to see if it was added and it looks great! I can see where I made some errors in my english but I never liked that class anyways. :lol

Thanks Art!

I will contribute more once HW stops from coming out my ears!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 68
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.