Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Driving on... Eleven Staffs of Ximax  (Read 8445 times)
Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2002, 20:08:00 »

Hey Xarl, why didn't you put the Aura in the update? *waves his arms* Stop ignoring me!

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2002, 22:20:00 »

Arti didn't put that one up? Sorry, I've been remiss in my duties as moderator... twenty lashes for the wet Diego, then.
*starts whipping a Diego* I'll put that in for the next update, sorry, Tarq.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2002, 22:27:00 »

Not a problem. *kicks the Diego for good measure*

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2002, 22:29:00 »

Alright, the last three staffs at LAST!

Staff of the Sea: A twining ribbon of ice with water filling in a conical shape, the Blue Staff bears not only the powers of the sea, but it can also be used to work healing magics and even in some cases see Beyond. Some would think that this would lead to a rift between the Blue, Violet, and Green, but the school of Life is the closest bound to the Water Magi, and the psychics see the Rainwielders as no threat. No school besides the Red truly sees the Archmagi of Water as enemies (possibly one of the Staff's powers), and so the Water Magi quietly flourish in the sea of intrigue that is Ximax.
Staff of the Sky: This miniature whirlwind of yellow quartz and diamond is the third greatest of the Staffs; only the Rainbow Staff rivals it in power. The sorcerous powers held within the staff include speed, deflection, and the deadly discipline of Weather magic. The Archmagi of this Staff are usually elven, and as such it is believed that any human wielder of the Staff will gradually be gotten rid of by his very badge of office.
Staff of Earth: The masterwork of the dwarven Archmage Ungur Firehands, the Staff of Earth was forged in the fires in the heart of BarollRotRum. It was made from pure Mythril, shaped into a scintillating rod of power. Then Ungur, in all his power, turned the lava that had heated the staff's core into a multicolored weave of stone cloth, and placed it over the staff's heart. Thus, the Staff fits its wielders perfectly. Rough and course on the outside, shining with amazing power within. The Staff controls the very earth around it, and also can twist physical strength to its owner's whims. It is considered one of the lesser staffs, but you would find few in the history of Ximax willing to challenge the Archmagi who have controlled the Brown Staff.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2002, 02:25:00 »

"Staff of Earth: The masterwork of the dwarven Archmage Ungur Firehands, the Staff of Earth was forged in the fires in the heart of BarollRotRum. It was made from pure Mythril, shaped into a scintillating rod of power. Then Ungur, in all his power, turned the lava that had heated the staff's core into a multicolored weave of stone cloth, and placed it over the staff's heart. Thus, the Staff fits its wielders perfectly. Rough and course on the outside, shining with amazing power within. The Staff controls the very earth around it, and also can twist physical strength to its owner's whims. It is considered one of the lesser staffs, but you would find few in the history of Ximax willing to challenge the Archmagi who have controlled the Brown Staff. "

Xarl - this dwarven dude sounds cool.  I  assume you don't have any further info on him but just created him on the spot for the sake of background history for the Staff itself?  In which case - PLEASE - can I have him?  I would love to write a bio, story, etc. up - I just haven't had time to create a name.

Besides which, the staff of Fire might also be uniquely suited to a Dwarven Mage wielder.  Dwarves are never happier than when working with Earth and Fire - and of course abhor water....     Please let me know if you have any plans - otherwise I'm going to grab Firehands and run with him.

Regards from the Bard.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2002, 17:11:00 »

All yours, Judith. Just, errm... He was meant to be tied in with the First Archmage of Ximax, a Mr. Ximan, so if you would be so kind as to include something about him meeting up with Ximan, I'd be much obliged. Oh yes, and as I said elsewhere, there are almost always two Dwarven Archmagi; alternating between the school of Fire and Summonings for the first two, and the day the Dwarves don't control the Brown Tower is the day that the tower has fallen.

Xarl Bluestride

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2002, 18:53:00 »

It should be an Orc controlling Fire, it is their element, after all. Perhaps a tribe of orcs that are more... sophisticated?

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2002, 21:42:00 »

If anyone's willing to make them, they are most certainly welcome. I suppose I can have a half-orc as the first Archmage of Fire... The problem is that I don't feel like creating them; I can only make so much before I reach the logical boundary. In the immortal words of Austin Powers...
"...And I'm spent."

Xarl Bluestride

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2002, 22:03:00 »

What a team we make... I do all of the set-up details like the actual system for magic and you do the filler details... Bah, I'll get on it.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2002, 22:50:00 »

It's the way I always work, Tarq; build me the bones and I'll give you the beauty. Check my bio, I even mentioned it there.

Xarl Bluestride

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2002, 23:39:00 »

Alright, well it's there. Volkek-Oshra under Races and Tribes. I need names and dates, mainly name of orc archmage of the Red Tower, both founder and current I guess, creator of the fire staff thingy, and dates that deal with the founding of Ximax and the raising of the Eleven Towers.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2002, 22:52:00 »

Xarl, a request: Since I don't see much on the Staff of Flame yet, I'll provide you with my request for a few bits.
Creator: Gral The Powerful, first Archmage of Fire, Volkek-Oshra Orc.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 January 2002, 20:02:00 »

A few questions about this "Eleven Staffs of Ximax" thingy. Are there certain requirements to be able to wield one of these staffs? I mean, I know about the elves generally wielding the Staff of the Sky, and about brownies and the staff of life. But do you actually have to be a member of the school, or do you have to be the wielder of the staff for your entire life? It would be quite interesting if Gryph Skyhawk (under a different name) was one of the wielders. But then he just had to go off and start a new country, of course. It probably wouldn't fit in, because he's only half-elven along with the other problems, but I jsut wanted to suggest it.

Stormcrow

Psychotic Wizard-Type

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 January 2002, 20:53:00 »

You bear the Staff for as long as you're one of the Archmagi, and the Archmagi have almost total control over their school. They are allowed to leave, but only because all eleven staffs immediately will teleport into the Council Chambers when one is convened; The nessecity of politics is the payment for the Staff. Also, the Archmage is allowed to appoint a regent, who will represent him in council if for some reason the archmage in question doesn't want to participate and the Staff is a fair sacrifice.
Gryph could have been so once, but he would have had to give up the Staff once he left.

Xarl Bluestride

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]