Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ximaxian Institute  (Read 5316 times)
Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2002, 20:45:00 »

The last would probably need to be on the Volkek's entry, the others I'll add.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2002, 20:54:00 »

Alright. And, in case I didn't ask this already, were the Eleven Towers raised at the same time as Ximax? I'd rather not, as the entry on the Volkek-Oshra seems to assume about a 5 year difference. In my mind they would already have the magic school planned out, but the city was top priority, and after finishing the city (maybe 3 years work, woulda been longer if they weren't a lot of mages) they would put up the towers (about another 2 years, as they are rather intricate, not to mention magical, and then the Staffs were made about the same time).

What do you think?

Sorry if I'm being kind of demanding, but we do need Orcs for the Red Tower.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2002, 21:41:00 »

At first, the Towers were just wards to keep the energies of the Shield Dome contained. Then they decided that they could make more use of them... you see the pattern. Sure, that set of things seems to work. By the way, make sure the catacombs of the Volkek-Oshra don't interfere with the dwarven caverns... I'd hate to have to explain that to Bard Judith.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2002, 22:56:00 »

Where are the dwarven caverns at?

This tower houses both the Spectromancers
You've yet to edit out the spectromancers, btw. Just thought I'd point it out.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Edited by: Tarquet Galbar at: 1/27/02 4:59:35 am
Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 January 2002, 16:43:00 »

I figure the dwarves would have probably expanded their Tower underground as well. And thanks for pointing out the Spetromancy bit, my bad.

Xarl Bluestride

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2002, 17:26:00 »

Check the dates on the Volkek-Oshra entry and see what you think.

Also, I'll be putting in more detail on the cattacombs soon, so when that's up I'll let you know so that you can make sure it doesn't interfere with the dwarven caverns.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2002, 03:29:00 »

Ok, some comments here:

1.) The Ximaxian Institute of Magic is refered to on the site in general as "The Academy", so I'll put it up under this name and write (Ximaxian Institute in brackets).

2.) The main problem I had with the entry last week (and why I haven't put it up yet), was that the towers are described, but not the Academy as a whole. I'll put up what we have now, but would suggest to

a) add one or more paragraphs in front of the entry, explaining what the whole building is about etc.
b) accumulate some history on the institute - there are some important historical references to it on the site, which you should try to put together. Would also be interesting to know when which tower was erected, what the orb is in detail, how it came there etc. - And a general entry on Ximax of course would also be cool;)  

I'll update the entry later on with such additions, ok?

3.) Would be cool to have a graphical display on how the towers are positioned etc. Looks like a small map job for Koldar (similar to the Nyermersys map) - this map wouldn't have to contain not much except the Academy, but it would fit very well to the entry I guess...

4.) Also suggest some sort of newbie area, which is located at the outside of the main building. This would prevent people who are not very gifted to enter the main sanctuarity of magic. Being allowed to enter the main building of the Academy would be a major success for beginning mages.

5.) Also would suggest that Ximax could be a place of intrigue, where not always the mages of the different towers/schools/categories work together but have their own goals, which they keep secret etc. Ximax should work as a magical fortress on its own where laws of the king (e.g. concerning use of magic) etc. are sometimes ridiculed, because some (or most) of the powerful Archmages dominating there don't really care about Santharian business somewhere out there. Propose that the king has in many ways accepted this state and doesn't really try to interfer in Ximaxian business. Of course there are good and bad archmages, but one never really knows.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 2/3/02 10:33:49 am

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2002, 09:52:00 »

Alright, I'm here.

This may be a bit after the fact, but does there have to be a Black and White tower? That's like saying "These people are good and these are evil." That's more of a clerical thing, IMO.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]