Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Teleportation (level X)  (Read 2653 times)
Gararion

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 February 2003, 17:20:00 »

Note that this spell will be done in HTML format ready for the site when it is ready to be uploaded.

Spell Effect. As written in the texts of the great human mage scholar, Keshar Talbit, this spell has been a great asset to the skilled mage.  Mastery of this spell allows the mage to travel great distances with ease and speed.  As it is described in one of his texts, Elemental Forces of the Winds, this spell allows the mage to travel across the lands in the form of the element that he/she has learned to control, the winds themselves.  The mage is then able to travel the lands of Sorren with the grace and speed of the winds themselves.

It is said that the teleport from place to place as one cannot see their travels.  But this is not true as one actually travels, at a quickened pace, in the form of wind itself.

Though if a mage isn't careful he may be lead astray by the currents of the winds themselves.  This spell is a spell that takes great skill and power as one must concentrate to his/her full extent during the entire travel in order to create his/her own currents to travel with.  

Casting Procedure. The casting of this spell is quite simple compared to its level.  All a mage must be able to do is to become part of the element he/she ha learned to control.  Thus a mage will begin by breathing slowly, relaxing his soul and freeing his mind and soul of all stress.  When he/she has felt that they have obtained enough freedom from the stress that may be a burden on them, they blow silver dust out of their hands and begin to seem to fade out, as it is best described by witnesses of this period in the spell.

As the mage has fully faded away the are now part of the winds themselves.  And as in this part they haven't yet fully obtained the needed concentration needed to control the currents they travel they will begin to travel which ever way the current currents are traveling and taking them.  To obtain control over the currents he/she takes or even to create his/her own currents the mage must begin enchanting the elven words that is the formula.

Magical Formula. Pharán'avásh (Styrásh "pharán'avásh" ) literally meaning "to travel the winds"

Target. The main target is the caster.  Though it has been recorded that often two mages have been able to put their efforts together and move large groups along with them.

Reagents. silver dust

Magical School. Elemental Magic, Wind School

Spell Class. Motion Class

Range. The caster determines the range of this spell.  Often a mage can just travel the winds having no place really to go.  

Casting Time. The time it takes to cast this spell depends on how stressed the caster is and how long it takes him to relax.  Usually it takes from between a minute to twenty.  Though it has been recorded that in peril and where a mage can't get his mind and soul relaxed it has taken months if not years.  

Duration. The caster will determine the duration as he/she may travel with the winds until he/she reaches their destination or feel they have finished their journey with the winds.

Counter Measures/Enhancing Measures. If two mages join forces and are able to cast this spell they may move a large group.  Though the group is usually small as the strain is increased and the concentration is much higher to keep all separate companions together and not loss them.

If the mage travels through a severe storm while he/she is traveling he/she will loss control of the spell and return back to his physical form, no matter where he/she is at that period, be over sea or lava.  

~I offer you a Cup of Joy~
~Visit Santharia  Live the Dream~

Edited by: Gararion  at: 2/6/03 11:24:03 pm

Rayne (Alŭr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2003, 21:10:00 »

I was under the impression teleportation was strictly band from Santharia since it bred God-like characters...

Edited by: Rayne Avalotus  at: 2/7/03 3:34:58 am

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2003, 22:28:00 »

well it was on the wind entry...so I assumed that it was possible...but only at high levels

Rayne (Alŭr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2003, 22:44:00 »

Arti should check this.

You might want to define how far a mage can travel and how the distance effects the spell time.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2003, 22:53:00 »

okay I will tweak that out.

Silfer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2003, 06:50:00 »

Well, teleportation has been banned, however, put it on level 12 in its current form, and level 10 only small distances- combat help, sort of.

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2003, 09:31:00 »

Yeah, it was completely banned, I think

Brownie Expert

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2003, 13:45:00 »

well the only reason why I created this spell was because it was up on the wind entry.

But the thing about this spell is that it isn't "pop you are there" one must actually travel at a increased pace to thier destination.  They travel with the winds.  But I am working on a distance/time thing here, should have it done by later tonight...going to work soon.

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2003, 23:11:00 »

Ah. The extent of what my ex-omnipotence had figured out was that Teleportation was a level 10 spell in all its incarnations; basically, there's one for all the major spell classes. However, there's a major, major catch.
The spell is a massive enchantment, and a Xeua mage is needed to assist. It takes a week for the spell to charge, and when activated it can only take the person holding one enchanted object (object being the teleporter) to the place it has been corresponded to. For the enchantment to take hold, the binding has to have been done over the course of a week in the place to be transported to, and then it takes a week to charge before it is usable. Then, when invoked, it takes the caster to that place. It takes an hour to travel the resulting etherial path, and any hostile magic can and probably will shut down the portal.

Long story short: It exists. However, it's ungodly hard to get the thing to work, and it is incredibly easy to counter.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Tower, Elder of the Magic Forum, Master of RP Sorcery and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest pure text sig in Santharia.
Xarlian Quote Of The Moment
When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons. And make super-lemons.
No Longer Master of the Magic Forum, but still basically dominate the place. All bribes to xarl@santharia.com

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2003, 01:20:00 »

Ah I see.  Well then this means a total rework of the spell then.  :lol

Well I will be back ;)  

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2003, 06:14:00 »

I think we still need Art's ok on this one.......

Brownie Expert

Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2003, 08:10:00 »

IMHO, Xarl's concept is very well workable- it doesnt mess up anything, and makes the spell useful in some situations.

I am the King of Chaos

Fox

Gained Aura: 48

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2003, 23:52:00 »

Get Arti's approval first, and then we'll see how it plays out.

Gararion

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 February 2003, 00:10:00 »

Okay I will talk to Art about it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]