Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 5378 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 23 November 2006, 00:18:58 »

Ok, guys and gals - we're officially back again. Still some things to fix here and there methinks (I see a vertical scrollbar at the Forum e.g.), but the site is there... Have a look around, and see where you still discover something strange and how the performance is in general :D

Guestbook also has problems, I'll see to fix that soon.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2006, 00:23:00 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2006, 01:20:52 »

Please check my last post in the old board regarding copyright/trademark distinctions, Art!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Ralhag Silverskin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2006, 02:04:31 »

Whew, nice!

My password was invalid on the other site, and I deemed in too unimportant to bother Art with at the time, but YAY....

Ralhag
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2006, 03:43:51 »

Well, let's hope, that we can stay here for long - and that we don't need to test the support at all!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2006, 04:32:20 »

Ok, there are still some things we have to do here, but all in all it looks good so far.  I'll get right on to installing the temporary RPG transfer board and start with some first test Forums. So please be patient while I'm still not very present at the moment, but we have to push the complete transfer through, because a) the ezBoard would need to be renewed and we b) need to test the capabities of the new server in terms of how it can handle two boards. So we just need to get it over with.

Please not as well, that the domain URL itself was only working for 1 hour so far with the new server and that the registrar for whatever reason has reset the URL to the Inmotion server - we now need to get an authorisation key from them, which I hope will arrive soon. That's also why you see at the address line another URL, simply because we've made a temporary redirect from the Inmotion server to the new server until the domain points to the correct address.

Other smaller problems like the horizontal scrollbar at the Forum or the Guestbook problems have been solved as well in the meantime. Please check if your Santharian e-mail is still working and point out anything strange you notice.

In a next step we'll see what we can do about improved caching of the Forum and the spellchecker should be turned on as well soon.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2006, 05:00:52 »

SMF RPG Board is here again as well BTW for the Admins to play around with, at the moment only accessible through this URL, though.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2006, 05:21:43 »

One more note: You might experience some problems at the moment with staying logged in properly, e.g. that if you re-enter the site, you aren't logged in. This is also due to the fact that the domain URL doesn't point directly to the server, where you end up eventually. This will change once we receive an authorization code.

soorrilmiesefer

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2006, 08:28:08 »

let's throw a party! let fanfare start and shout!! WE survived again!!! *Opens the great hall and starts to place decorations*
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2006, 08:28:37 »

last sentence of your santharia.com frontpage statement:

home should be hope

Did I mention that I'm glad this is all over? Or, if you look at it from another POV, that we can continue where we left of sometime ago... good luck again on the next major conversion!

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 23 November 2006, 16:01:52 »

The registrar still hasn't given proper authorization (actually I should change that one as well as it's way to expensive). This still causes logout problems, so we still aren't completely done with it yet. I will have to call them personally by phone if they haven't gotten e-mail in this place or at least need a year to react to that.

Aside from that I can at least safely say that FTP at the new server is tremendously faster (at least at the moment) than the Inmotion one, so in general I would say that should be clearly visible at the site as well, though I have a very fast connection, making it difficult to determine. The new server is called "Athena" BTW, if I remember correctly that's the name of Curgan's fiance as well :)

Spellchecker has been enabled as well by now.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2006, 16:06:16 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2006, 19:17:46 »

Ok... It looks as if the registrar finally did his job, and we've officially arrived at the new server. We're not on the redirection from Inmotion anymore, but the URL leads directly to our new host (guestbook problem pops up now however again, will see to fix that again). But the login problems should be gone now as well, the resources are accessible again, so the links at the Forum work now as intended. Let's hope the registrar doesn't change that back as he did yesterday after an hour or so.

The URL dev.santharia.com works as well for the Dev Forum (subdomain working) and I'll set up a adv.santharia.com as well soon as a shortcut to the new RPG Forum.

So welcome back then finally once and for all! Good to see things working again as intended... grin

If you still encounter problems here and there, let me know.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2006, 19:59:55 »

I would prefer if only admins (and their second chars) or mods can register or have access to the new RPG-forum until the move is complete - is that possible? I fear a bit of havoc if it works otherwise.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2006, 20:25:11 »

There's no link on the site to the new RPG Board anywhere, except that I mention it here. And I cannot influence that really who goes there or registers there after having seen a link here on the Forum, I can only say: it doesn't make any sense to register, as all accounts will be wiped anyway when we move, admins included.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2006, 21:20:31 »

There is then no time left to try something out before the move starts?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2006, 22:10:19 »

Sure, you still have some days till I have the database ported to the temporary board. But you'll basically learn by doing in an active board I'd say.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]