Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Reserving a Places Entry  (Read 19986 times)
Smee
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 29 May 2008, 05:53:34 »

*grins* As probably expected, I'm now here to be listed under the Simsy proposal.

Cheers.  :)   

p.s.. oh the irony of the last place in this thread being Simsy too... *shakes fists at the mocking gods*

*cough* no one saw this move to the right place... ahem

"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own satanic herd!"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #76 on: 29 May 2008, 05:56:23 »

Yeah, I'll mark the Simsy entry now as reserved for you, Smee. In the heat of development it can happen that threads like this are not properly updated, so I always recommend to ask if you plan to do something if someone has plans in this regard already.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Smee
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 29 May 2008, 05:59:32 »

Yeah, no worries.

Even if it had been a "no - lets wait and see if Alohar comes back" it would have been fine. I'm researching Manthria anyway, as part of learning general South Santharian history, and the actual writing I've done so far was only an hour or so, whilst waiting for it to be hometime at work.

"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own satanic herd!"
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11 June 2009, 02:12:02 »

Can I please work on Myrth?

Myrth (eastern Santharian province of Manthria)
Referenced by: Grunok
Search Link: See here
Details: Once a small but prosperous lumber town, the inhabitants of Myrth have cleared a large amount of the forest around them.  This has led to the village becoming much smaller and poorer now, as trade in lumber comes from other parts of the Kingdom.  They still sell wood to Chrondra and to Marcogg, but not in nearly such quantities as in their heyday.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #79 on: 11 June 2009, 02:13:09 »

Yup, sure - why not :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 16 August 2009, 11:37:57 »

I'd like to stick my hand in on the "Saloh Coast" entry, if no one should mind greatly (though objections to this might very well not be heard by the time anyone sees them). I've done a dip in and grabbed what I could find in reference to the local area. It seems to be a rather... pleasant place.  grin The entry from the post below, should anyone wish to consult it.
Saloh Coast Area: The Bluffs of Bran, The  Woecape, The Woerocks, The Mist Marsh (eastern Manthria, Santharia)
Referenced by: Bard Judith
Link: Search page; search for Saloh and related area.
Details:A particularly dramatic and dangerous part of the Har'lev'them Bay coast, just below Saloh. The Gulf of Maraya is well-sailed, and every part mapped in detail by the merchant sailors who ply its waters - but the looming Woecape has earned its name and is now avoided.

The weather patterns there are erratic but tend to windy and rainy - a perpetual fog seems to hang over the Mist Marsh, for example - so a storm can blow up out of a lightly clouded sky and vanish as swiftly.  Raggedly carved rock formations loom out of the water, black and boding.  The grey-green waves froth and crash around them, sometimes leaping as high as three or four peds in their passion. 

The coast itself is high, forbidding - ranging from the impassable Bluffs of Bran past the viciously-fanged Woecape itself down to the feckless and clouded Marshes.   There is literally no place for even a jolly-boat to land safely until almost past Saloh, behind the shelter of the islets known as Four Brothers. 

Despite its fortifications, Saloh itself seems to rise out of the mists like a sanctuary, a walled city of light resting on a ring of clouds, welcome proof of civilization after so many leagues of savagely dark nature.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #81 on: 16 August 2009, 14:53:34 »

Ok, just go ahead (once you're done with camping, that is) - note that an entry on the city of Salóh already exists as the central city of the coast.

Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 21

Researcher of Brownies and Magic

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22 October 2009, 21:31:49 »

I'd like to reserve Mount Evermourn(Santharian province of Manthria), if that's OK with you Arti. I'd like to describe a place 'cause it sounds fun. grin

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22 October 2009, 23:27:02 »

I'd like to reserve the 'Mossy Rocks Creek' in the Santharian province of Mantharia, if possible. I've looked at the other entries that have been completed in and around that area (eg Ravenwing Falls, Nepris, Mossy Rocks Cove, Toran's Falls, Cloud Falls) and think there is enough information in those entries for me to do a good job at that entry. Plus, as Sylvia said, doing a places entry sounds like fun (and a creek is possibly a relatively easy entry to do, when it comes to places, I mean). :D

Actually, I just took another look at the Ravenwing Falls entry, and it would appear that this River has been described in that entry. So maybe I should go and look for something else to do in Mantharia.

So, if that one isn't fine for me to do, what about the Olintani River, instead? This river flows from the Mithril Mountains (West Side), through the Traeran Lowlands, the hamlet Aesthran Station and the village Aesthran to the Tribell Lake.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2009, 00:02:44 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #84 on: 23 October 2009, 04:26:56 »

@Sylvia: Okeydokey, Mount Evermourn is yours, guess you've seen the three paragraphs of description there already, so make sure to build your entry on that! Don't forget to check the description of the related Ciosa's Rest :) Definitely an interesting and pretty important entry. Also worth a look: The discussion on Burials/Funeral Ideas, see especially my reply #42 on page 3, could help in the general context.

@Dek: Well, any river is good for me :) Though the Mithral Mountains are still written with an "a"... The name was probably mainly created to confuse people. *hehe* If you have enough ideas what to write, then it should be fine.

General note: I guess Places entry are indeed mostly fun, personally I'm always trying to work on some juicy material, where I have something to connect it historically or can put in some sort of myth, provide an entertaining description etc. A river might be more difficult than Mount Evermourn, where there is already some material, but it all depends on what ideas you have and how you plan to write it. ;) At any rate, hope you two enjoy the entries! thumbup

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 24 October 2009, 01:30:54 »

Places entries are much more fun to write when you can add fantasy elements to them and fascinating myths as opposed to describing simply a "river" or "forest".

There are alot of different creatures (and a few races) that inhabit rivers. Take into account past wars and battles (SW3). Mountains especially can hold many cool things to describe such as lost dungeons, mythical creatures and ancient ruins. So don't limit yourself to trying to describe rocks, trees and cliff faces alone.  thumbup

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
M´ruk Loshashzuck
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 16

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02 June 2010, 08:12:09 »

I'd like to reserve the city of Twofold, if that's ok.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #87 on: 03 June 2010, 03:20:09 »

While you wanted to go for a human town in Santharia according to the shoutbox, this town seems pretty Nybelmarian to me. But I see you already posted in the Plains of Zhun thread, so make sure to read up on that region and check with the guys over there if you can help out!

M´ruk Loshashzuck
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 16

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 03 June 2010, 12:58:10 »

Yeah, I thought that would be the easiest but then this captured my attention. Anyway, thanks for letting me work on it. I'll start ASAP.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09 June 2010, 02:03:20 »

I've been poking around the Places boards here and found a few unfinished entries that with a small bit of work could be finished. So if you're an apprentice or member looking to polish off an old entry in progress, I'll point out some here. Most were started by newbies who have never returned.

The Glistening Well of Goltherlon

The town of Salndo

The town of Kreeswind

The Bitter Creek

Hawkeye Quarry

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 86
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!