Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Please Dont Post  (Read 4887 times)
colossuem

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 02 April 2007, 07:05:57 »

Counter Vision of fear, fire school, level 5

Overview
This spell lets the caster create his own vision of horror and mold it into a dream or vision of his choice that is going to go into the casters head. This spell usually is cast at the target while they are asleep but it's not uncommon for higher level mages to cast it onto somebody that's awake. It is usually cast on figures the caster is competing against tomorrow whether it is a good game of Astragals or a person that the caster is going to fight against tomorrow.

Spell Effect
With intense concentration the caster must concentrate on strengthening the fire ounia in the targets head specifically trying to create fear. As this happens the caster can concentrate on making a horrifying vision of that fear take place in the targets head. This spell is really only limited by the casters imagination.

Casting procedure
The reagent is to be put at the casters feet or on the victim first. Then the caster must clench the top of an imaginary head as if trying to take control of it and concentrate on strengthening the fire ounia in the targets head. After that the caster should imagine a horrifying vision, which will go into the targets head and when done stop concentrating.

Target
Any living being, excluding plants.

Reagents
If the casters fear is known (which greatly increases the effectivness of the spell) something that has to do with that fear, for example if the target is afraid of spiders bring a spider.

Magical school
school of fire

Spell Class
Sphere 1

Range
15 peds for all levels of mages

Casting Time
However long the caster wants the dream to be plus casting time which is about two minutes.

Duration
However long caster concentrates.

Measures
Waking up, not being afraid of anything.

Edit by Marvin:
I believe this picture was supposed to go with the spell. Just delete if I got it wrong.

« Last Edit: 07 April 2007, 20:23:36 by colossuem » Logged

Lord of the Rings Quote-"All that is gold does not glitter,not all who wander are lost,the old that is strong does not wither,deep roots are not reached by frost,from the ashes of fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring,the crownless again shall be king"
Drasil Razorfang

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2007, 07:40:18 »

Ok...First things first.  Before Diving into the details of the spell that need to be changed, there are a few major issues that stand out.

1) The spell you describe, with the movement of ounia, is not sphere 1, but instead sphere two.

2)  A spell cannot be categorized in two elements at this point in time.  Therefore, you need to choose either wind of fire

3)  This spell seems exactly like one of Orril's so a mention would be nice

4)   That range is a bit ridiculous.  Do you know how far away 50 peds is?  A mage has to be able to sense their target it and it is impossible to do so at 50 peds. Thats over 150 feet.

5)  You don't seem to understand the purpose of the countering and enhancing measures.  First, you have left out enhancement all together.  For countering, when someone is in a nightmare, they don't wake up.  In addition, you stated that thespell can be cast when the target is awake, and finally, no one is completely immune to fear.
colossuem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2007, 09:39:15 »

Ok ill make those changes sorry for the mess-ups its my first spell.   cry
Also 3 and 5 confuse me could you clarify those please,ty. grin

Ps: I reserved necrophobia for this entry
« Last Edit: 02 April 2007, 20:31:46 by colossuem » Logged

Lord of the Rings Quote-"All that is gold does not glitter,not all who wander are lost,the old that is strong does not wither,deep roots are not reached by frost,from the ashes of fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring,the crownless again shall be king"
Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2007, 06:35:31 »

Right when you first joined, So Orril Miesefier, the Wind Apprentice, wrote a spell that is pretty much EXACTLY the same as this.  I'm guessing based on the obvious similarities that you borrowed the idea from him, which is fine, but I believe it would be proper for you to mention somewhere that the ideas were originally provided by Orril.

Also, you miss the point of the Counter/Enhancing measures.  You left out any enhancements all together and your countering measures don't really make sense.  This section is going to need a lot of work before it is ready.
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2007, 06:40:49 »

A short point, to add to Drasil's pile: I don't like the "seeks out target's worst fear" line - for two reasons. Number one, unnecessary, number two, much more difficult, as you have to do mindreading. I would imagine this to be a fear spell, pure and simple - you create fear in the target. Then, we could speculate that this alteration of the mind causes the target to see what he or she fears most, etc... but mindreading is difficult.

colossuem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2007, 07:11:47 »

Hmm.. well ill make it where the caster creates a vision of horror wether its their worst fear or not so that way theres a chance that the target will have a counter measure. But anyways ty! grin Also to Drasil I had no Idea he wrote a spell like this, but dont worry ill give him credit if he wants some.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2007, 07:15:27 by colossuem » Logged

Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2007, 09:14:31 »

That works, but is also more difficult, I think. Manipulating basic emotions, which, we assume, are properties of e.g. Fire, is "simple" (you increase the property), while actually manipulating thoughts is "difficult" (you have to think said vision, then "implant" it). Also, I wonder if "putting a vision into the mind", roughly speaking, is Wind - manipulating thoughts. Fire deals with emotions... but correct me if I am off here.

Edit: Drasil's correction is timely - Fire only deals with certain emotions.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2007, 09:29:36 by Silfer Darkflare » Logged

Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2007, 09:19:06 »

Fire only deals with certain emotions, such as passion, hatred and love.  Other emotions fall under the categories of other elements.  For example, water is peace of mind and calmness.
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2007, 14:35:33 »

Thar's Wind, Drasil.  Water is as chaotic as Fire.  :P

Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2007, 20:32:57 »

I'd say this could be done by simple sphere I Fire magic, but that's already been done. I guess implanting thoughts with Wind might work as well. It would be a lot more difficult though.
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 April 2007, 07:01:32 »

Water does deal with calmness, but the property is, correctly, chaos. http://www.santharia.com/magic/water_spells/1_calm.htm

colossuem

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 April 2007, 07:46:17 »

First of all Marvin I did reserve necrophobia so ty, Ok my first try at this spell I made it wind & fire so I had to narrow it down to 1 which was fire but if anyone thinks wind is better please tell grin

Ps, Ive made the corrections so see what you think!!! grin
« Last Edit: 04 April 2007, 20:49:24 by colossuem » Logged

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 April 2007, 11:23:58 »

Is it possible to implant thoughts through the use of xeua. Connect your mind to the targets  mind giving him the thoughts you create in your mind and replace the one he has. Some kind of illusion. (Thats my opinion anyway)

And maybe water magic too, Since as it is said above that water is the element representing calmness, the mage can destroy the element which i think would be permanently. It will result to an unstable mind, the target gets worried, loose confident or something. Not resulting to fear but it does  make someone loose a competition. :) (Sorry I am still learning) The water spell I am talking about is the water version of waning. :)
or maybe the mage can just heighten or lessen the amount of the water car'all in the target which will cause the target to loose calmness which means the target will probably worry, loose concentration and confidence.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2007, 11:26:19 by Shansi » Logged

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2007, 11:25:48 »

Actually, I was mistaken when i said water represented calmess.  Apparently it represents chaos, though that doesn't really make sense, IMHO.  So by increasing the influence of water you would cause instability.  And I'm glad you've been reading through all the spells.  I'm guessing you wish to focus in Earth Magic Shansi?
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2007, 12:36:31 »

@Colosseum: Fire would cause fear directly.  I'm not sure but you I don't think you can actually determine what the fear is directed towards, or even if it is directed at anything in particular.  It would certainly cause the victim to feel afraid though. 

With Wind, you can alter a target's perception and quite possibly cause them to see things they are afraid of (ie. create an illusion of it), if you know what these are.  However, it doesn't directly cause fear, because you aren't manipulating their emotions, but their perception. 

@Shansi: I don't think magic can manipulate thoughts with such precision.  Emotions are much easier to alter, and you don't even have to link up minds to do it.  Besides, connections between minds are not one-way, so it's a fairly dangerous tactic 

@Drasil: It makes sense to the Ximaxians.  :P  Don't mistake chaotic for destructive; Fire is chaotic and destructive, Water is just unpredictable. 

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]