Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Duchies of Xaramon (and other stuff)  (Read 14542 times)
Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 16 May 2007, 15:06:02 »

509 b.S.  Independence of Ximax
The Ximaxian authorities demand independence of Ximax in order to continue participating in the Second Sarvonian War. The Centoraurian Anactar Ascandir accepts in order to avoid another civil war. Thar's involvement in the peaceful resolution is considered crucial. 

From Centorauriam history

what makes you to assume that there were not good relations, since their cooperation in SWII was exchanged with independence? Furthermore the Centoraurians wanted to avoid a civil war. In any way this area is of utmost strategic importance for Centorauraria and whoever dares to threaten it will face its wrath. If Ximax ever dared claim it, would simply be invaded and lost its indepedence...

As for the timeline you are proposing, Ximax indeed went independed when Centorauria was fragmented, and wecan make it get the area, but after the reunificatiobn of the country these areas returned to Centorauria. Losing the area is something the Centoraurians can't tolerate and in Xacy Ximax doesn't want, because it is protected by motherland.

Something that is often misunderstood with Ximax is although it is an independent state, it is a mainly Centoraurian populated state. They look up to their motherland and they seek their frienship and they are favourable towards Centorauria. Of course as true Centoraurians want the freedom of choise and to pursue their own interests better.

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16 May 2007, 23:10:11 »

what makes you to assume that there were not good relations, since their cooperation in SWII was exchanged with independence?

Er, you said that the Centoraurians weren't happy with it.  They just couldn't afford attacking Ximax right then.  That doesn't sound like relations were good.  It was only later that they calmed down.  But Ximax wouldn't necessarily have known that there was no intention to attack them, and could have made the already bad relations worse. 

but after the reunificatiobn of the country these areas returned to Centorauria
I meant that Ximax rejoined Centorauria too, but that those areas were governed as part of Ximax rather than whatever duchy they belonged to previously.  That they are no longer governed by Ximax now could be due to changes that occure later. 

They look up to their motherland and they seek their frienship and they are favourable towards Centorauria.

I'd say that's not necessarily the case, but I do want Ximax and Centorauria to be relatively friendly with each other too, so I guess this could be the case here. 

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 17 May 2007, 00:20:23 »

So, as far as I understand the question is... do we want a Ximaxian rule of these areas for a specific reason? Otherwise it would be best for them to have their borders protected by a superior power.

Thar, as you know, played a very important role in avoiding the civil war. As soon as he rose to power the Centoraurian-Ximaxian relations entered a new era. Before Thar, the Ximaxians cooperated with the Centoraurians as they had to because of their deal. But since Thar they were eager to colaborate with Centorauria, since they knew that they existed only because of Thar. After Ximax joining Tharania nothing of the above really mattered. When Ximax regained independence some centuries later it was the same relationship that the two sides wanted.

Ximax would give this area to Centorauria even if they got it from a third power. The Magi and the citizens feel much safer that way...

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 17 May 2007, 01:09:24 »

Well, to me it's more like whether there is a good reason for either scenario to occur.  Ximax would let Centorauria have control of that area, if relations between the two countries were good, but not if relations were bad.  So, from my point of view, if Centorauria controls that territory (without having had to attack Ximax), we need to have a reason for relations between Ximax and Centorauria to improve from the time Ximax went independent, so that there's enough trust between them. 

I agree that after they joined Tharania this won't really matter anymore.  Centorauria and Ximax would then be interacting as parts of the same kingdom, and in any case some reorganisation probably happened. 

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18 May 2007, 01:36:23 »

Well, after the breaking of Santharia, Centorauria would encourage Ximax to become independed instad of being controlled by another nation and to be frank they would help them get for themselves the border region if they could not get it for themselves. As soon as Centorauria had a common border with Ximax the Ximaxians themselves would surrender the area (what a clever way to ensure protection from enemies and strenthen their ties with their motherland!)

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23 May 2007, 15:05:01 »

Oh dear, I've almost forgotten about this. 

Yes, that might be possible, though I'm not sure if the ancient kingdoms re-formed when Santharia broke up.  But either way, it would certainly be reasonable for Ximax to still have close relationships with other Centoraurian states. 

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23 May 2007, 23:56:57 »

My idea is of a relationship with it's ups and downs, but nonetheless a brotherly one with big brother looking out for the little one and vice versa...

We could create tensions -if we want to- that do not escalate to war as it would be an unpopular (and a quick one comparing forces). However, we must NEVER engage them to war as a civil war would result in a bloodbath and eventually the conquering of Ximax. And we want an independent Ximax right?

Although, I have the feeling that even if Centorauria annexed Ximax, they would grant it some state of autonomy if not independence, because this way they have the magis on their side...

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24 May 2007, 00:45:41 »

Well, I think that over the few thousand years it's inevitable that at certain times there would be some tension between them.  But other than that, yes, I think we agree here. 

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 24 May 2007, 02:12:34 »

i think that you have something in mind for them, dont you?

;)

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 24 May 2007, 02:32:01 »

Not at this point, no.  I think that making up a history is pretty much like telling a story, and I'm quite bad with stories.  On the other hand, I do think some interesting stuff could come out of this, and hope that eventually someone would detail it.   grin

Edit: or to put it another way, I see possibilities, but nothing definite yet. 
« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 02:40:22 by Mina » Logged

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 24 May 2007, 14:56:34 »

I 'd like to know about them. if you don't feel like posting your ideas at the forum PM me!

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24 May 2007, 18:17:47 »

Like I said, I don't have anything definite, unfortunately. 

Anyway, think about it, what might happen during those occasional periods of tension?  Centorauria would be too strong for Ximax to fight, so it might seek to even the odds through various means.  Mostly, I see both competing to get other people on their side.  This could lead to some interesting stories. 

For example, somehow gaining the allegience of the Green and Aqua regions would provide quite a strong buffer against attacks, though of course if Centorauria finds out things could turn nasty, which might or might not lead to war.  Either way, it should be interesting.  Or, if they could get a military alliance with, say, Erpheronia, that might be dangerous for Centorauria.  Well, come to think of it, Centorauria and Ximax would probably both compete for better relations with Erpheronia.  And other countries too, of course.  Parda, for example, looks like to be in the sort of position that gives it good control over sea traffic in the region, so having it be friendly with you would be good for all sorts of things. 

The main limitation would be that none of these should be so serious that relationships between the two countries can't recover eventually.  I think we both want the two to be relatively friendly most of the time. 

Anyway, as you can see, these ideas are all pretty vague and disorganised.  I'm not planning to do anything with them at the moment, but I'll help if anyone wants to detail the history of Ximaxian-Centoraurian relationships. 

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 25 May 2007, 02:06:16 »

Allegiance with Erpheronia seems very impossible to me (cause the Centoraurian and Erpheronian  nations are rivalring), but the rest could be plausible under specific circumstances.

Thucidides
Mina
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05 June 2007, 17:19:20 »

It's been a while since I last did this.  There hasn't really been any big changes though.  I just felt it's about time I made an update. 

The picture
stars = cities
triangles = any smaller settlements
Solid borders mark out political divisions, fuzzy ones geographical stuff (currently brown for mountains, yellow for steppes). 

The last message can be found here if anyone needs it. 

Peninsula of Cha'dómm
Added a couple of towns and a little fort, nothing major. 

However, as mentioned last time, I extended the Wanderers range (Hoa Rusun specifically) towards the coast to create a place to put the Land of Withdrawing Waves, as well as added a small port near the river mouth.  I'd like to know if this conflicts with any plans for the Dwarves though. 

Blue
Those two new lines aren't rivers!  The mark out the domains of the Gravens.  I am not entirely sure it makes sense though.  BTW, the southern/eastern portion is mostly former Eyelian territory, though I'm not sure how Eyelian the population is. 

A small city has been added to the tip of the peninsula.  It seemed to make sense. 

Magenta
Divided it into two portions.  Not sure if it makes sense.  It could probably be governed just as easily as a single unit. 

Aqua
I also tried diving up other duchies, but ran into some problems.  You can see it here.  I divided Aqua into four portions (5 if you count the Shivering Wood), but they are really tiny compared to what Blue has.  In fact, Aqua, Green, and Bright Red are each about the size of a Manthrian Graven's fief as far as I can tell, which might mean that I've made them too small.  But I think they do make sense as they are now, so it's perhaps more a matter of whether such small duchies need to be further divided amongst Gravens.  I am slightly uncomfortable with how Blue seems to be the only 'normal' duchy by Manthrian standards. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 86
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!