Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Lorehold Project  (Read 154895 times)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #255 on: 01 August 2008, 03:59:50 »

"it would be unwise to call it like that" :P

Well, define official. Being a "compendiumist" isn't realy a profession, but his side-activities back at home are not realy interresting for the Lorehold..

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #256 on: 01 August 2008, 04:03:23 »

Well, I need to put one profession below his name when you talk to him. Is just "researcher" fine?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #257 on: 01 August 2008, 04:05:31 »

And the left side would fit either the first room of the courtyard, or the quiz-for-the-herbarium room.. i'm not sure about the right side yet... but ideas are welcome.

Yeah, fine by me :)

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #258 on: 01 August 2008, 05:11:10 »

Idea: I could use the central part of Judy's garden picture as general picture for the garden. So whenever you walk around in the garden (and perhaps also in the Greenhouse) you'd see this picture. And the first room could still have that left side picture - and the right side one we can surely quench in somewhere else as well.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #259 on: 01 August 2008, 05:19:19 »

Sounds great!

Avrah Kehabhra

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 01 August 2008, 05:53:48 »

I looked through my old posts to see what I was up to before I tumbled into the recesses of RL last time, it seems I had some interesting ideas with harps that won't stop playing, which are much better possible now that we have all sorts of items to be carried at out disposal. Care to have a chat about that Art, once your computer is up and working and all that. Because I now only direct people away from me in the Lorehold, now what fun can that be...

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #261 on: 01 August 2008, 06:10:57 »

Yeah, your character also needs some stuff, Gean ;)

@Mira: I've integrated most of your things now, the rooms and Mira, and there are items like the hoe or the manual that can be taken, and once you're outside you see Judy's garden pics as default. Here and there I made some minor adjustments where necessary, if you spot something wrong, just shout!

I'd need some more things to be able to complete the rest, but as you said, it's the first part only. I still have the Irid dialogue. I guess she just pops up at the fountain once the player returns to the Lorehold... Well, this can be done, will follow soon! :)

Anyway, check it out!

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 02 August 2008, 02:13:26 »

I had an idea for a room called "De-cryptifying & Translatification". I imagine it to contain piles of ancient, dusty scrolls etc, chalkboards containing strange symbols and letters, and rows of equally ancient and dusty old researchers, bent over their desks, scribbling furiously. The main character would be a very old professor with an extremely long, grey/white moustache (reaching to mid-chest area), and a pair of quick, intelligent eyes that twinkle as he speaks. His head would contain so uch knowledge of ancient writings and languages, that it appears he has great difficulty in fitting in anything you say, and will appear to have fallen asleep while he tries to recover the information you request.

The room could be used by people to translate any strange writings or symbols they may find, whether it be on parchment or engraved onto a weapon or artifact. You must leave the item with the professor until he translates it though, which means you won't be able to use it until he gives it back to you. It might be quite good, therefore, if he was made to be very forgetfull, putting things down and losing track of where they are.

Does anyone want to take this?

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #263 on: 02 August 2008, 02:15:25 »

Sounds like a funny idea - how about an orcish volunteer?  grin

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #264 on: 02 August 2008, 02:19:38 »

Its all looking great Art! And apparently i should still work on minimising dialogue and descriptions, there is so little room ;).. ill give some examinable objects for those copied main hall rooms as well on the second fileset for the greenhouses.

Avrah Kehabhra

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 02 August 2008, 02:27:36 »

Well, when I originally came here it was with the intention of working on the Lorehold, but I joined the wrong queue.

I think I'd like to have a go at it, but I need to look at the rules and reg's regarding that side of thing.

Plus, I'm busy ATM with my Pyrates thing.

As you can probably tell, I'm a little reticent about commiting myself due to a hoooge backlog of Compendium stuff. However, if I can get this Pyrate thing up in the next week I'll come back to this and take a look.

Can you suggest where I should go to learn about Lorehold dev'ing?

Use the force, Luke.

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #266 on: 02 August 2008, 02:32:11 »

I could email you the set of files used to create the latest aditions to the greenhouses if you's like, so you can see a bit of behind the scenes material.. apart from that its mainly making lots of stage notes for Art to get the desired special effects.

Avrah Kehabhra

Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 02 August 2008, 02:37:02 »

That would be much appreciated, Mira. Have you got my e-mail?

Use the force, Luke.

Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 02 August 2008, 02:37:10 »

Wooh! I'm gonna be in the Lorehold! :P

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #269 on: 02 August 2008, 02:41:13 »

Most things are explained at the very first post of this thread (see here). It's not fully up to date however, because now we already have the full repertoire of item handling, can manage conditions (if player has item A then he can do B) etc. whenever we need it.

I quote the list that is mentioned there at the end and tell you whether this is all possible by now:

What is not possible to realize with Santhworld?
Santhworld is a program that develops as we go along and add more stuff. Right now it enables players to walk around, to talk to characters and thus to learn more about Santharia as a whole.

Not yet possible:
- Manipulating objects permanently YES
- Taking things YES
- Display a different room description based on a condition YES
- New keywords popping up in dialogues based on prior actions YES

Planned Features:
- The possibility to move around by clicking at arrows at the map NOT YET, use the NumPad however
- Randomize function that displays different text YES
- Greeting texts according to the player's actual time NO
- Conditions YES
- Basic Inventory YES
- More commands YES

So believe me - you can do lots and lots of stuff already. It also helps to learn how to do it by solving the puzzles of the Lorehold or talking to characters. :)

You can even dig for sound effects here and we'll put them in :D

@Irid: Yeah, your character should be integrated very soon! Now we'd only need a picture for you.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]