Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Inauguration of Irid into full membership!  (Read 11078 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2007, 06:09:11 »

Artimidor watches the place come to life and thinks silently to himself that Altario's attempts to fix the garlands are quite amusing... He chuckles.

A servant shows up and brings a photo. "Ah, the photo!" He thanks the servant, quickly walks to the computer hiding behind his desk, uploads the picture and let's the electrical device disappear again into nothingness.

(People who have read these lines and are now are wondering whether photos and computers actually exist in the 17th Santharian century are already getting dizzy sensing the effect of a Mind Blur spell, and should be happy that they can still manage to get to the next line.)

Artimidor then notices Macar showing up but trying to hide behind a bookshelf, but only until a loud "Meeeeooooow!" reveals his whereabouts.

"Ah, Macar!" Artimidor exclaims, greeting the newcomer to the party. "And I already thought someone forgot about the musical arrangements for the feast today!"

Once a sudden aerial attack on his desk in form of a Brownie takes place, Artimidor first greets Rookie politely, but then decides to better get up and look for the guest of honour in order to prevent further unsuspected assaults. Right at that very moment a loose garland lands on Artimidor... While the sage tries to escape he gets even further entangled, it's as if a ferocious ráhaz-estár wraps around his neck, an obviously deadly fight ensues, Artimidor gasps desperately, sensing his last moments have finally come...

But then, once he is already about to hear the wings of the Kiivosh in the far distance, a trusted face shows up - Altario! He frees the clumsy sage from his near grave, and the sage puts the garland in place again, adding sheepishly: "Well, ok, probably that garland thing just wasn't meant for you, Alt..."

Artimidor now has drawn the attention of the bystanders to himself, so he greets into the accumulating crowd, but more intent on getting away from his embarassing encounter with the deadly garlands.

After a few steps he reaches the wardrobe room of the guest of honour. He clears his throat, then knocks on the door. "Irid? Already dressed? Time to climb the dais!"
« Last Edit: 04 December 2007, 06:12:29 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 04 December 2007, 15:56:41 »

Thankfully the musicians have shown up during the various shenanigans and the bustle of guests arriving, and Judith, after a laughing reply to Altario and a welcoming wave to Macar, trots up the stairs to the minstrel's galley over the dais.   "Now remember, begin with the general Inaugural Overture, and when Irid actually appears, we segue smoothly into the Idridian Waltz - Irid's Theme, as the Air section keeps calling it..." She sends a mock glare at the flautists, who grin impudently back at her and continue tuning...

"I think we're almost ready!" she mutters to herself.  "Now, where is that lass?"

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 December 2007, 16:41:29 »

While pondering on how he might have hung the garlands in a more resplendant manner, Altario noticed the great sage become embroiled in his garland fiasco.  Grimacing at the sublime horror of the sight, Altario hurried to Artimidor's side and helped to extricate the man from the vines.  "Er, sorry." 

At Artimidors reference to the Remusian's lack of garland hanging talent, Altario reddened.  "Everyones a critic," he muttered under his breath.  Yes, next party was going to be held at his place.  Then everyone would see.  He nodded to himself, quite unaware of how silly he appeared.  Oh yeah, next party was going to have ice sculptures!

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Hylphán
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

Life's too short, Write it as you experience it!

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 04 December 2007, 16:59:04 »

Hylphán quietly entered the room, dressed in his finest sognastheen colored suede tunic and leggings.  He pushed his green cape back over his shoulder, again.  On his feet were the soft black suede slippers he had just bought. "Remind me never to wear thin shoes to an important function" he muttered under his breath, shifting from one sore foot to the other.
     He reached into a pocket, secreted within his cape, and pulled out a small object.  "Now to find the guest of honor" he said to himself.

Looking around the room, he saw a number of his friends had already arrived.  Across to the left he saw his Remusian friend, Altario with Artimidor, and nearby Miraran Tehuriden.  Bard Judith was bustling around the far end of the room, trying to get the servants to move faster, and he was glad to see the diminutive form of his favorite brownie, Rookie Brownbark off the the right.  "At least I will know someone here today" he thought.  
     He looked down at the object in his hand.  He inspected the small glass vial sealed with a stopper shaped like a Halak-sun Blood Bloom.  He hoped Irid liked the smell of the Halak-sun's Breath.  Good thing he had taken some in trade on his last journey, as he had no idea what else Irid may like.

"I wonder where the food is" he said out loud, as he looked around for the tables.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2007, 22:46:58 by Hylphán » Logged

Fair wind and following seas...

Hylphán's CD
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2007, 04:36:10 »

'Troublesome'

The cloaked Mamarran stumbles around the corridor with a pile of scrolls that remained on his desk after his recent trip to Nybelmar. The gargantuan pile forces the usually quite agile man to walk in a contorted zig-zag pattern. He hears a cheerful ambience exuding from the hall, and this time he hasn't forgotton- He knows its  Irid's inaugration....

The robed figure mutters a few words in a foreign language- only for one of his numerous man servants to appear bearing a confusing array of items.

'Take these....' he says, passing the huge pile to underling

Decipher enters the hall, spotting a rather more traditional style of decorations from his own party. The tranqiul yet exuberant tunes dancing around his stressed temples seemed to soothe his mental aches. He spots a couple of familar faces- his partner in crime Miraran for one- but fails to locate the guest of honour.

'Hmmm....Troublesome'

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Jairo Koshi

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 December 2007, 09:48:12 »

Jairo stepped in through the grand entranceway just to be astounded by the elaborate decor and the beauty of the room and the people inside of it. Wow, isn't this amazing? He though. All manners of people bustled about, and all were gathered here just for the celebration of Irid.

He did not know this woman, Irid, but she must have been important for such a beautiful occasion to be thrown in her honor. Slightly confused, he scooted his way to the side, watching the room full of activity. Perhaps this Irid lady would be a good person to get to know?

A few faces were recognizable from his years past, as well as recent times. He had a feeling that a fun night was in store for everyone, especially Irid.
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 December 2007, 17:42:26 »

Her golden eyes catch a movement in the mirror, her pointed ears hear the words. She turns around again with a bright smile on her face. "Yes, yes, I'm ready. But..." her face falls for just a moment, but brightens up again within seconds. "You'll be beside me, won't you? I'm a little bit nervous... I've been an apprentice for so long now I thought it would never change." The bright smile firmly in place again, she nods.

Going to the door, she walks through it and takes the few steps towards the entrance of the Grand Hall. One last breath and she enters. The lights and decorations almost overwhelm her - people did their best. Even if some of the garlands are hanging a bit haphazardly. But despite that, what she really looks around for is much more important than the decorations - namely, the people who attended her party. There are many familiar faces, and other not so familiar ones. Her smile becomes even brighter, if that is at all possible.

She smells all kinds of delicious scents coming from the tables. Not hard to guess who took care of that... as always, the untiring Bard has taken care of things. She must thank her later. But first... presents!

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Hylphán
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 5

Life's too short, Write it as you experience it!

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 05 December 2007, 22:26:57 »

Standing inside the doorway, looking around for the food tables, Hylphán heard a door open, then close, behind him.  Turning, he saw a stunning vision that was Irid.  He had never seen her look so dressed up and beautiful before.  He noticed the crowning touch to her hairstyle, the Cerubell woven into the elaborate hair sculpture.  He stepped forward, grasped her hand and bowed deeply.  "My Lady"  Hylphán said, "Please accept this rare perfume, to celebrate the accomplishments of a rare woman. I hope your enjoyment of it's scent will always remind you of this commemoration."  Hylphán turned her hand over and placed the small vial of Halak-sun's Breath perfume in her tiny hand.  Straightening up, Hylphán stepped back one pace and bowed lightly again, a slight smile playing across his face.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2007, 22:32:56 by Hylphán » Logged

Fair wind and following seas...

Hylphán's CD
xerampelinae deicida
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 December 2007, 02:52:57 »

xerampelinae deicida walks in to join in the merriments, wishing to congradulate Irid. To many people surround her. Walks over to the banquet table and starts to graze while making idle chat.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 06 December 2007, 04:41:05 »

The movement by the main doors catches Judith's eye and she hisses to the musicians grouped before her in the minstrel's gallery.

"Here she is!  Segue into Irid's Theme on my count... six and five and four and three and two and...."

The great Pedalos Harp takes the main melody, with a ripple of glissandos like a merry waterfall.  Flutes come in behind it, a-twitter as if birdsong has suddenly broken out in the hall, the notes dancing around the tops of the high pillars.   

As Irid, elegant and dainty, moves into the hall to greet the many guests assembled in her honour, Judith permits herself a smile of satisfaction.   She had been rehearsing this piece for the last month and the ensemble was making a lovely job of it, appropriate for their subject.   She catches the first flautist's eye with a questioning look and receives a reassuring nod in return - they can carry on without a conductor now.

Judith bows a compliment and steps away from the podium.  She strides over to the stair and descends into the main hall: the aromas from the hot dishes have been filling her nose for the past inch of a timecandle and she plans to do justice to the Timbers and Jhelhee while they are still hot.   And she is pretty sure she has spotted some Federkaase, with its blue veins and strong scent, which she plans to smear across fresh Loibl bread... she hopes no one needs to talk to her right away...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 06 December 2007, 05:30:36 »

On his way to greet the recently arrived main victim of the festivities, Miraran's plans are deviously thwarted when he can only barely avoud running into a Ballistic Bard, on colision course with the food tables.

By the time he extracts the last flower petals from his hair, (he had to back into a garland-covered pillar to avoid being trampled,) Irid has already mingled with the guests, and dissapeared from sight.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Ruil Mallister

Ruin of House Mallister

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 December 2007, 03:34:12 »

And, of course, I'm late. Ruil chastised himself as he pulled his last glove onto his hands, moving briskly towards the great hall.  Music filled the streets and alleys outside and allowed a pleasant light from its windows.  I just hope I'm not too late to see her actual inauguration...

The mercenary gently pushed open the doors and was immediately washed in a most welcoming plethora of sensations.  The band that Lady Judith must have put together was playing a pleasant melody, though he didn't see where the bard herself had gone.  Looking around, Ruil noticed plenty of guests that he had never met before.  Irid must be especially popular.  And speaking of the lass, he also took note of her absence.  So he must have made it in time!  Good.  Though he didn't know her too well (as he had met Irid during his many travels about), she was one of the few friends Ruil actually had, and he really didn't intend on disappointing her by not showing up.  Particularly for such an event.

Now that he was at the great hall, Ruil remembered that it would do to make sure he looked presentable.  As a mercenary, he must really stand out from the other guests.  Even in his best attire, Ruil felt like a pauper before a gathering of princes.  He checked his dark xaxure out-robe and tightened the strings at the top, double-checked to make sure he didn't have any (noticeable) stains, and fixed his belt.  His mace still hung from his swordbelt, but his spear he left at the inn with much of his things.  Being a warrior wasn't on the menu today.  Once he remembered that was the reason he wasn't clutching the haft, Ruil wiped off the top of his boots and smoothed his robes one last time before smiling to himself.  Well, hopefully this is good enough attire for such an occasion.

He moved to where the food was, despite the crowd that had inevitably gathered there.  He picked out some choice delights and then moved to a location in the back where he could see the dais.  Feeling awkward and out of place, Ruil looked up and saw Irid glancing around the crowd.  Ruil felt a bit ashamed that he had missed her walk in, but... He genuinely smiled for the first time in months.  Hopefully, a little later after the ceremonies, he'd get to talk with her.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2007, 03:39:40 by Ruil Mallister » Logged

Morcaanan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 December 2007, 09:22:24 »

Clutching the errant and ever-present drake under his arm, Morc lugged the heavy iron bound chest over to Irid, accidentally bumping the venerable Hylphan in his efforts.

"So sorry" he bustled, nearly dropping the chest on his and the Guest of Honor's toes. He procured a key and fumbled with the heavy lock, muttering to himself.

A thick, heavy rug he pulled out, shimmering in a strata yellow color. "It's an experiment" he said, somewhat apologetically. "I call it a "Mood Carpet": made from the wool of Sawis Sheep and patterned after the idea of the R'unorian Rose, the flower that changes color according to moods." He hefted the heavy rug and spread it for Irid to see - as he did so, the rug changed to a karikrimson hue.

"Of course, the principle has all sorts of applications - a whole line of clothing and products that change colors to the appropriate mood! But that's only if it can be properly implemented. Anyway, I am still working out the details, but I hope you like it" Morcaanan finished, draping the rug over the chest.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2007, 09:25:37 by Morcaanan » Logged

Morcaanan - also known as Morc, Korim, Scales, A-13, Dearest Brother, PJ, Prime Minister, and various other random titles and honoraries.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 08 December 2007, 05:05:20 »

Artimidor accompanies Irid to the dais, asking as he walks: "Now first you say you're a bit anxious to begin with the ceremony and then you'd like to have it over to get the gifts, eh?" He laughs heartily. "Well, it took me a while with all these garlands and stuff, but now it's time! - By the way," he adds, "you look tremendously stunning if I may make that remark..."

They both eventually arrive on the dais, and Artimidor begins his speech... "Back in the days when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth... er... wrong universe again... Back in the days when the Chosen still wraught havoc upon Caelereth and the Santharian Dream wasn't even properly existing as such, or lets say, Avá hasn't dreamed up a fully developed website, there was a young girl that participated in one of the first Santharian role playing stories.

If I remember correctly it was a story of romance that basically dealt with two characters, there were breaks in the story, then it was picked up again - and I'm still not sure where the whole thing ended. But I remember that girl from back then, who enjoyed role playing and made further characters. And eventually, already years after her first RPG story she decided to try her hand on a first Santharian entry. This entry was made no less than 3 years ago, and when Irid joined her first RPG story only the Gods know. However, nowadays she is an often seen face around both Forums, Dev and RPG and on both sides I guess it has to be emphasized that her dilgence and persistence to make contributions is exemplary. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our special guest of tonight, Irid al'Menie!"
« Last Edit: 08 December 2007, 05:27:56 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 December 2007, 21:00:23 »

Decipher applauds as the Sage introduces the guest of honour to the whole hall. Soon after tha applause dies down, Decipher attempts to wade through the crowd to reach Irid. After shuffling through a huge mass of well-wishers he reaches Irid, and from amongst his flowing robes he reveals his gifts:

'Congratulations on your inaugration, you've finally been imortalised in this place....Ha! Look at me....talking like I've been here for ages! Your venerabilty exceeds mine and it is brilliant that you have finally attained your membership.....now I have some gifts'

He unwraps the smaller of the two packages in his hand and reveals a rather thick, leather-bound book with a crimson red spine.

'This is one of the few copies of the literary masterpiece 'A Zhunite Sunset'....I translated it for you so dont worry about learning the tongue of the Zhunites....You should appreciate this the most out of everyone else in this compendium!'

He then reveals the contents of the larger package. A silky, delicate white dress of Ancient Krean design:

'Here we have one of the largest spilk garments left- the Lost wouldn't be too happy if they new it was in the hands of a Sarvonian....but they are too busy riding Hummingbirds and hunting spirits to find out'

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]