Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2554 times)
Dichter van Sterren

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 02 January 2008, 07:40:57 »

hi im Jurrell  shocked

any questions? :D
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2008, 11:37:53 »

Jurrell!  (glares at him from sparking green eyes)  I TOLD you...

Name, rank and serial number, at the very least!

Er... (clears her throat)

I mean, tell us a bit more about yourself!  Where are you from (in Santharia or in Terra), are you male, female, or neuter (one never knows), what are your hobbies and interests, and what do you want to work on here?  So far you've asked me about orcen language, fungi, demons, and ... well, I don't remember, but do elucidate, dear!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2008, 11:40:33 »

Re templates:  At the top of each forum, such as the bestiary and the herbarium, you will find some 'sticky' topics (they don't move down the list but are always at the top and marked as such.  One of them will always be a template for a sample entry.

You copy it, paste it into a Word file (or other word processor), and replace the sample text and suggestions with your own creative writing.  The titles are the only part you need to keep!  (Eg for a new beast you need to give a Description, Territory, Diet, Usage, and so on)

Yes, I know demons are STILL listed as beasts.  Not correct, our bad!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Eléyr Fásamár
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 4

Serenity's Embodiement

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2008, 12:10:54 »

Welcome to Santharia!
Please do tell a bit more about yourself! By the way, if you ever need a good massage, I am available in the city of Strata nearly 24/7. Working on the compendium can be soooo stressful, but thats what we Eyashenes do best. If you are not sure what you want to work on, I would recomend the Herbarium. (It's my personal favorite!) The mods there are sooooo talented. You'll get to work with great people, like Judith! Just watch out for the giant carnivorous plants, and you should surv... oh well never mind...

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Dichter van Sterren

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2008, 18:16:54 »

Who do i describe ME or Jurrell or Neither

I like 3 things Astrology/Cosmology/mathematics, Myths/legends and of course the ancient arts of story telling through Sketch, Voice or Quill

Jurrell is a Male Trequer (a term from anothersite i am part of well made) who shares the Art of Oclum'h (another term from my site) but in santheria he is merely a SoseOligis (umm a studier of soceity and the enviroment) His boundries of travel are nowhere but he was born in the city where the Baal ogres (hope i got that right) passed on the begining of there great move. As a child he was a runnaway and nether attended school but instead learnt all thing from every beast that inhabbits santheria. As he had nether made contact with any of the languaged races he has never spoken a word but learnt writing from a Language book his mother carried which contained the only known language of the Ogres.

(too much not enough not what i was ment to right or is just perfect?)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2008, 01:15:18 »

I'm going to post this entry suggestion of Jurrell's here, so that he can move it to the Herbarium himself later.

Again, Jurrell, please don't use private messaging for ideas and suggestions, use the appropriate forum.  We all want to see what you have to offer.  I'd also suggest that you not 'carry over' ideas and concepts from other sites, as everything in Caelereth is original (apart from deliberate tributes to Tolkien as indicated, we are very strict about copyright violations) and a non-profit creative cooperation of people around the world.   Try to read up on our universe and use our terms, if you want to stay and play here.

Regards,
Judith

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a) Categorization
 The Southern Sarvonian Pot Moss is a plant thriving moss

b) Basic Overview of the Plant
 The Southern Sarvonian Pot Moss is a peculiar moss as it thrives of the moisture of any plant that it hosts and grows on. The outer skin of the moss receives the taken moisture in order to survive. The moss dies after lack of moisture from the plant. When dead it sheds the outer layer and the inner flesh is revealed. The flesh is highly flammable and because of the plant hosts lack of moisture the plant itself becomes flammable.

c) Description
 The visible section is a series of small plates that are about a nails breadth in diameter. These plates have orange lines starting at the plates centre and go out to the plates rim. The moss itself has know limit to size in manners of how far it spreads. The distance from the bark to the outer skin is only 2 grains. The flesh is dark orange and looks similar to the looping muscles of human beings.

d) Territory
 The moss can only be found in Southern Sarvonia in the vast Troll and Ogre forests. The moss will grow on any type of plant in that area.

e) Usages
  The only usage for this moss is its high flammability and is often placed on trees to make them easier to chop down and later to burn. The moss is introduced to a man grown forest and after two weeks is chopped down and later burned.

f) Reproduction
  The skin on this moss can grow into a new plate of Pot Moss if it finds its way to a week barked tree in time. The only way the skin can spread is in the wind in its time of shedding.

g) Myth/Lore/Origins (optional)
   When the plant was first discovered it was believed to be blessed by the fire gods as even the smallest flint could light it into a blazing inferno

is this any good?

Dichter van Sterren

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2008, 06:23:01 »

it is original i had only copied the set out onto word then typed it up cry why would you think i copyrited all the sites im on are against it to  cry

and i was asking if it was long enough because i thaught i needed more info
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 03 January 2008, 07:52:24 »

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post, I see!  My apologies, Jurrell - let me clarify.

I was referring to your 'bio', which uses at least three references that are non-Santharian.   Remember, the bio is optional, but if you do choose to make a Santharian character for yourself so that you can write in character, you should make one that fits in this world.   

The moss is a fine start; yes, you will want to put in more detail and info, but you've used Santharian measurements (good job!) and it's organized well so far.    Keep on going - try to strike a balance between so 'fantastic' that it's unbelievable and doesn't fit into its environment, and so 'mundane' that it doesn't belong in a fantasy herbarium!   (also watch that the language isn't too technical and modern)

Thumbs up!

Dichter van Sterren

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2008, 11:51:41 »

i will work on it its saved on my computer and im glad its a thumbs up.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2008, 13:03:41 »

Great!  Post it as a new entry into the Herbarium Forum, if you would: you will then have edit rights to that post, and everyone else can comment and critique.  Changes should always be made to that first, initial post in the thread, and should be coloured (easy to do with the codes provided) so we can see what's been changed.

Dichter van Sterren

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 April 2008, 11:14:01 »

sorry i've been off my internet got cut and yeah shrug. im using a library comp. i no longer have my pot moss information and as i can't get on want anyone else to take it (if you want it)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]