Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Maid, Prologue.  (Read 832 times)
Petros Greenvale
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« on: 19 January 2008, 08:21:29 »

If you have picked up these pages of parchment hoping to be blessed with an exciting, thrilling read, then i highly recomend that you put these withered sheets down and continue whatever you were doing before you stumbled upon them. For these are no memoirs of a Dashing young Warrior or a noble mage, these are memoirs of a common housewife. To be honest , in the many years that i have been breathing in this world, not one breath has gone towards something absolutly extrodinary. By “extrodinary” i mean that of the exploring the ends of the disc or inventing marvellous machines variety. But if you classify extrodinary as the scent of freshly cut barley or the rough feel of earthenware cutlery, then my life has been fuller than that of any an explorer or an intelligent gnome. I hope that once your eyes have skimmed over the last few word i have penned then you will have a greater insight into the life of an ordinary mother, laundry woman and thatchers wife, and you can relate to many of the simple indulgences that i too have obliged myself.

The earliest memorieshave are of my grandmother. She was a kindly old shrew who liked nothing more than to sit down with a nice mug of broth, and gossip with her neighbours and ancient chums. My brother, and sister used to always make fun of her matured appearence, or patronize her tiny stature. But personally i found her shriveled  features, feeble limbs, and her delicatley hunched back to be oddly comforting. Maybe because my grandmother, mother ,jacob (my brother) and marie (my sister) were the only family, and even friends i had in the whole world. My mother always told us that our father was away on a “buisness trip” , and if we inquired about him, that would be the only and final statement that we would recieve.  So the subject of my father had become a bit of a taboo in our household. I dont know why my mother would so furtivlty cover up my fathers wherabouts. She may have been trying to protect her children from the harsh reality that is a fatherless childhood, or she may have been consoling her own grief in our false belief. All i do know is that one of my many faults is my tendancy to evesdrop, and i had "overheard" many a tale about the accident at the mill. Nonetheless my mother had been left to care for  two teenagers, a socially rebelious daughter and in a way, an elderly woman. So in order to support all these lives, my mother would have to work day and night, resulting in me and my siblings practically living with our grandmother.

One day when i was four, my grandmother ushered me out the house to fetch a pale of water from the nearby well.( I do not like to speak ill of family members, but one who trusts a tiny girl with a task that involves an object nearly equal to her size and weight, is a fool indeed.) Being a child of an obedient disposition i set out to complete my errand straight away.  I began to trod over the dry sandy road that filled the distance between my small cottage and the well, dragging the large wooden bucket behind me, leaving a dusty trail in my wake. I smiled at the Woodley sisters who were contently playing with what seemed to be new  dolls, on their door step. But i receieved nothing short of a scowl in return. To be honest i didnt know why i bothered...They always laughed at my pigtails..... So i rushed off their putrid gazes arrived at the well. To my great distress i had somehow gotten dirt on my hands, gah! how i hated that. Little bits of sand embedding themselves into the grooves and fissures in your skin, then you wake up in the middle of the night with dirt all over your bed. My granny always said that you could read someones life from there palm, so i wasnt all that content on having a dirty one.  I quickly wiped my little paws on my apron, wiped my nose with the back of my hand, and delved the bucket into the stagnant pool of water. I filled it as far as i could manage, and  pulled it out with great difficulty, gasping as the cool liquid swayed over the edges and onto my bare arms. I clutched onto the heavy object in a hugging fashion with all my might, and began to clamber back to the welcoming doors of the cottage.  As i was about halfway back to my origin, a rebelious strand of blonde hair drifted down onto my dirty face. I desperatley tried to blow it off through the side of my mouth, but i only angered it further. It fought back with valor, and placed itself right in the center of my eye. Sadly it was once again "not my day",  Screaching i tumbled onto the dusty floor, the by standers all diverting an eye to watch the little girl get drenched, and eventually burst into a flurry of wails and tears.

I am not one to believe in fate, but this seemingly benign errand resulted in a crucial turning point in my entire life. This is when i met Mr. Arbor.

G.S
xx
« Last Edit: 19 January 2008, 08:30:16 by Petros Greenvale » Logged

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Petros Greenvale
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2008, 08:23:32 »

My first ever attempt at a library entry... heart evil

If i have done anything wrong in procedure Please state, and ill fix it! ^_^ grin

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Twen Araerwen
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 18

Death's Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2008, 13:54:09 »

If you have picked up these pages of parchment hoping to be blessed with an exciting, thrilling read, then i I highly recomend<--recommend that you put these withered sheets down and continue whatever you were doing before you stumbled upon them. For these are no not memoirs of a Dashing young Warrior or a noble mage, these are memoirs of a common housewife. To be honest , in the many years that i I have been breathing in this world, not one breath has gone towards something absolutly<-- absolutely extrodinary.<--extraordinary By “extrodinary”<--extraordinary i I mean that of the exploring the ends of the disc or inventing marvellous<--marvelous machines variety. But if you classify extrodinary<--extraordinary as the scent of freshly cut barley or the rough feel of earthenware cutlery, then my life has been fuller than that of any an explorer or an intelligent gnome. I hope that once your eyes have skimmed over the last few word i have penned then you will have a greater insight into the life of an ordinary mother, laundry woman and thatchers wife, and you can relate to many of the simple indulgences that i I too have obliged myself.

The earliest memorieshave<-- memories I have are of my grandmother. She was a kindly old shrew who liked nothing more than to sit down with a nice mug of broth, and gossip with her neighbours<--neighbors and ancient chums. My brother, and sister used to always make fun of her matured appearence, or patronize her tiny stature. But personally i I found her shriveled  features, feeble limbs, and her delicatley<--delicately hunched back to be oddly comforting. Maybe because my grandmother, mother ,Jacob (my brother) and Marie (my sister) were the only family, and even friends i I had in the whole world. My mother always told us that our father was away on a “buisness<--business trip” , and if we inquired about him, that would be the only and final statement that we would recieve.<--receive So the subject of my father had become a bit of a taboo in our household. I don't know why my mother would so furtivlty<--fervently cover up my fathers wherabouts.<--whereabouts She may have been trying to protect her children from the harsh reality that is a fatherless childhood, or she may have been consoling her own grief in our false belief. All i I do know is that one of my many faults is my tendancy<--tendency to evesdrop,<--eavesdrop and i I had "overheard" many a tale about the accident at the mill. Nonetheless my mother had been left to care for  two teenagers, a socially rebelious<--rebellious daughter and in a way, an elderly woman. So in order to support all these lives, my mother would have to work day and night, resulting in me and my siblings practically living with our grandmother.

One day when i I was four, my grandmother ushered me out the house to fetch a pale of water from the nearby well.( I do not like to speak ill of family members, but one who trusts a tiny girl with a task that involves an object nearly equal to her size and weight, is a fool indeed.) Being a child of an obedient disposition i I set out to complete my errand straight away.  I began to trod over the dry sandy road that filled the distance between my small cottage and the well, dragging the large wooden bucket behind me, leaving a dusty trail in my wake. I smiled at the Woodley sisters who were contently playing with what seemed to be new  dolls, on their door step. But i I receieved<--received nothing short of a scowl in return. To be honest i I didnt know why i I bothered...They always laughed at my pigtails..... So i I rushed off their putrid gazes arrived at the well. To my great distress i I had somehow gotten dirt on my hands, gah! how i hated that. Little bits of sand embedding themselves into the grooves and fissures in your skin, then you wake up in the middle of the night with dirt all over your bed. My granny always said that you could read someones life from there palm, so i I wasn't all that content on having a dirty one.  I quickly wiped my little paws on my apron, wiped my nose with the back of my hand, and delved the bucket into the stagnant pool of water. I filled it as far as i I could manage, and  pulled it out with great difficulty, gasping as the cool liquid swayed over the edges and onto my bare arms. I clutched onto the heavy object in a hugging fashion with all my might, and began to clamber back to the welcoming doors of the cottage.  As i I was about halfway back to my origin, a rebelious<--rebellious strand of blonde hair drifted down onto my dirty face. I desperatley<--desperately tried to blow it off through the side of my mouth, but i I only angered it further. It fought back with valor, and placed itself right in the center of my eye. Sadly it was once again "not my day",  Screaching<--screeching i I tumbled onto the dusty floor, the by standers all diverting an eye to watch the little girl get drenched, and eventually burst into a flurry of wails and tears.

I am not one to believe in fate, but this seemingly benign errand resulted in a crucial turning point in my entire life. This is when i I met Mr. Arbor.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1093
Latest: sh4l0nda12
Stats
Total Posts: 144684
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 138
Online Ever: 580
(07 December 2019, 09:39:18)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Last 10 Shouts:
24 October 2019, 13:31:22
Hi and happy 2019 shoutout from me.
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)