Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Kytta’erng  (Read 15943 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #75 on: 10 September 2008, 15:05:30 »

Noticed there was a problem with the yellow stuff further down - I've fixed that now!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11 September 2008, 05:48:47 »

Can I poke my head in and talk about the date for the start of trade with the Brownie Vale?  It seems a little late to me to be honest as Kytta'erng is one of the closest settlements to the Vale and so should be one of the first they start trading with.  And they begin looking for trading partners around 1100 a.S.  Unless there is a reason why they don't want to trade with them, 1645 seems very very late.

Actually, I'm looking at my Council Tree history today, and I have a great big gap between about 280 b.S. and 1000 a.S.  Perhaps the people of Kytta'erng could help me fill it?  The only problem is that I know the majority of the Llaoihrr were horribly afraid of the Outside until later.  I was thinking some sort of misunderstanding between the tribes - maybe the Kytta'erngens could investigate what was inside the Vale and offend/scare the Brownies by doing something the Brownies really didn't like, but which seemed normal to them?  Cutting a whole tree and making a huge fire?  Heading for a Brownie camp who didn't want to be found?  Or they see the Brownies doing something they think is wrong, something to their animals maybe?  And try and stop them.  A small fight ensues, and the Brownies don't go outside the Vale for a few hundred years longer.  However, somehow they eventually make up their differences and this is how the village becomes the first place where the Brownies openly trade?  Possibly even before they begin to search out new trading partners around 1100 a.S.

And, Nsiki, my pm box is always open if you want to discuss things - I answer pms even if I don't have time to read entries like in the last month - sorry about not having another check of your Bladeleaf entry btw.

Also: You have the Tenthrum dwarves in the main body of your entry, but the Boltgrumm in your history ;)
« Last Edit: 11 September 2008, 06:02:05 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11 September 2008, 06:01:58 »

Haha!
Finnaly an explanation for the Eyelian BBQ "joke" entry...
heh.
Alright, your proposals sound good, I just made the date so late because I took recently to mean VERY recently- no problem if we make it earlier.
So, let's talk dates/crimes for the rivalry, and I'll get it integrated.
Also, no problem on the Bladeleaf, that's apparantly blarrowed.

And Judy, the comments on the odd typos- as scathing as ever!

And thanks again Art!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11 September 2008, 06:02:53 »

I'm on the IRC now if you want to pop on and chat there?

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12 September 2008, 03:37:55 »

Hello Nsiki. If/when you want a final uri, let me know. As promised.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12 September 2008, 06:01:17 »

Thanks Coren! I'm on a bit of a Civ 3 binge right now, but I'm going to integrate Rookie and Art's comments, and then I'll send you a pm! If you want an uri, or a Nymb. entry, all you have to do is ask.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12 September 2008, 10:35:07 »

Alright, all finished!

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 15 September 2008, 20:27:38 »

I'm fairly sure we said around 200 a.S. - 700 a.S. for the Kytta'erng-Vale troubles Nsiki ;)

Another thing (and I realise I'm possibly being a little nit-picky here) but I don't really like the idea of calling them "Wars".  It suggests to me that there are real battles going on between them, which from the Brownie side would mean several thousand ferret and owl-riding warriors descending on the village :P.  A very big thing, opposed to the few skirmishes and general avoiding I had personally in mind. I'm not against doing that if you were really for it, as it would liven up the history a little, but it's fairly big and might have more consequences for the surrounding Eyelian tribes  Also, it would be a bigger thing to forgive....

I think either keep wars and actually make them Wars, or change it to something softer - Troubles? I also realised we should probably have the same caption so the integrated history tables work...can I steal your's for the actual events (the first conflict and the end of conflicts) and then add in the extra Brownie stuff around it?  (You're welcome to take any bits of that you need - I'm going to write one about beginning trading with
Kytta'erng for example, which could fit in this entry too).
« Last Edit: 15 September 2008, 21:02:23 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #83 on: 15 September 2008, 21:18:19 »

The Brownie Dissentions?

The Brownie Skirmishes?

The Kytta'erng Miffings?

The Kytta'erng Petulances?

Aduuh Owie'uu  iyi Aeeo'uu (Dumb Move by Big Folk)?

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 15 September 2008, 21:28:38 »

Dumb move by bigfolk?   rolling  You've made my day Judy.

I'm not sure about Dissentions, but the rest are great.  Miffings.  Tee hee hee.

Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 16 September 2008, 05:51:49 »

which from the Brownie side would mean several thousand ferret and owl-riding warriors descending on the village

That made me smile inside.
And sorry, Rookie, I couldn't copy and paste the date like i thought I could, which left it to my highly faulty memory.
And I ment to put conflict there....
hmmmm...
But I do like the Kytta'ering Miffings.
Or Trifles.
And, Judy, if I were to translate into the Eyelian, twould be dumb move by hubristic little bugs.
Ah.
My mistake.
That be Brownin there.

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 16 September 2008, 10:21:23 »

Changes made-
And of course you can use my tidbits on the D.M.B.F.
You came up with half of it after all.
And no, the Injera Eagle does not yet exist, Its on my to-do list.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #87 on: 17 September 2008, 06:02:48 »

Seems that somehow the bold tag has conquered the first post...  cool

Anyway, due to the fact that we won't get that much out of Wren on the Ylfferhim issue in a foreseeable time, paired with the fact that there's vague reference to the Ylfferhim opening up recently to other tribes, I guess we take it as it is written now.

Therefore marked for integration!  azn

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 17 September 2008, 06:04:36 »

Thank you Art! But please, hold off on uploading this until Judy's done her picture... be that next update or a month from now makes no difference, just as long as the picture and the entry make it up at roughly the same time.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #89 on: 17 September 2008, 06:07:16 »

Well, I've heard Judy has computer problems and doesn't have her usual painting program available, so that could last quite a while.

Pictures can still be added later if an entry goes up - if there's time to take an entry in, it should be taken in, unless the entry doesn't make sense without the picture. And I guess this isn't really the case here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 86
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!