Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: The Rimmerins Ring- Main Thread  (Read 10110 times)
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2008, 15:20:24 »

Okay...
Lots of villages here, need domestic pig, Rimmlich Cow, and the Injera Eagle.
Rimmerins=Tribe unto themselves - not in actuality, but def. blending of cultures
« Last Edit: 21 August 2008, 15:41:09 by Nsikigan Ho'Tonanese Yourth » Logged

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2008, 03:41:23 »

I guess this could be your masterwork, Nsiki - you're collating already quite a bit of information on that region, and added to that you're focusing on the Eyelians as a tribe, so there's ample room to integrate this culture into some parts of the Rimmersin Ring. So Yeah, Rimmerins Ring sounds quite fine for a masterwork I'd say, once the other entries have been taken care of you're still dealing with. Still comments to come on that other Places entry of yours, but one after the other...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2008, 05:39:22 »

Of course i'll wait Art - I just got the Bladeleaf entry updated, its still missing that spark though... hopefully I'll get that up soon. I've got comments to integrate for Kyttering, and I can do the Yourth'Dibaj ones fairly quickly. I should be ready after this update.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 August 2008, 12:29:52 »

Just a bump for me- need to get cracking on this!

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 September 2008, 11:27:13 »

Making some excellent headway on the Rimmerins Ring- would someone mind commenting the teal?

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2008, 03:27:10 »

Argh....
I need to get this all sorted out.
Turns out this is a very big project... ;)

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2008, 07:36:45 »

People, flora, and fauna, should be up by tommorow.
Description, not so much. :p

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 December 2008, 06:19:30 »

Well, after over a dozen rewrites of the first section alone, I'm finally almost finished with it.....
But.
Things should move along considerably smoother now.
Just FYI.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 13 December 2008, 03:56:57 »

I take it that the first section is the Description section, not the Overview we usually have on top. Don't forget to add that at some point, Nsiki.

What you have there so far is pretty good, with some really nice references in there like getting in a link to Faugar, then also regarding Eyelians or that funny mentioning of the Serphelorians with your quote "They’re so cold, their senses have gone south!" lol All nicely put together. Here and there some more specification wouldn't hurt though, like more details on where exactly the ogres live, how large their presence is etc.

"Dwarven" BTW should be written "dwarven". I also don't know if dwarves live aboveground in a hamlet, so that would be something for Judy to look into.

But it looks pretty good so far. You don't need to colour it all red I guess, makes reading more difficult for red/green colourblinds like me - besides, you should mark changes, so standard post should be white as usual.

Let's hope that indeed the next sections will be done more quickly, cause a Rimmerins entry is definitely something I'd like to add to the site due to its pretty central position... ;)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 December 2008, 13:42:17 »

*salutes*
Should be on a roll now, sir.
And I'm not actually sure why I colored all that.....

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 13 December 2008, 15:23:54 »

I suspect somebody forgot to put the lid back on the paint can (that is, didn't close his ezboard codes...er, I mean, forum codes properly....)   :)

Coming right along, 'Siki!    Anything you happen to want illustrated for this?  Coz I'm on a roll myself.... and the paint cans are all open!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 December 2008, 06:04:58 »

Ya-HA!
Illustrations?
I'd love illustrations!
Flora, Fauna, Mountain Vistas, Eyelians, Brownies, Dwarves, a view from the ring, looking down on New-Santhala, the possibilities here, are truly endless.
Maybe a little crowd, have an Eyelian, a brownie, a Seph, a Dwarf, a Ylff, a human, all looking down from the Ring onto the city in a picture of true camaraderie!
Sorry if I got carried away there....

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 December 2008, 06:10:33 »

Description section finished, if ye wish to comment, then comment ye may.
Art, I'll work in the specifically on the Baal Ogres a bit later, under races, though I would like BARD JUDITH'S
opinion on the DWARVES HERE.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 15 December 2008, 11:59:22 »

(rubs her ears and wonders if Nsiki could possibly have yanked the bellrope any harder)

Yes, yes, hon, I'm awake!  It's just that I have just finished exams, and work, you know?  Some of us need a bit of a sleep-in and a rest before they start in on the housework!

I'm taking a break from active developing for a week or so (though I am checking the forums thrice daily, as you may have noticed) so getting my opinion may be somewhat delayed.   You too, Irid - I DID get the PM, sorry for not responding ASAP....    :)

Do feel free to keep reminding me, or post a little parchment  in my bellthread.

Hugs,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 December 2008, 12:46:14 »

Sorry, ma'am, I'll get to fixing that rope right away, then :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 86
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!