Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: The Mists of Osthemangar - 4th Edition  (Read 26265 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 13 December 2008, 03:39:45 »

Wow, Judy, that's another really cool picture! clap

You got some pretty cool realistic fog here as well, which makes the scene pretty eerie. And monsters like this are never wrong. We have a lot of regular animals and beasts, but not so much illustrated monstuous nastiness. So this is surely a welcome addition to our repertoire. Pretty cool stuff - I hope one of our beasts writers will help integrating this one and get our monster count up! Wonderful!  grin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Telàmorí V'uoríen
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 December 2008, 03:46:39 »

Aye, especially if you do not care for serpents, it is particularly displeasing.  grin

Miés´efér Lytherá
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 8

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2008, 05:07:58 »

If it is still open, I would thoroughly enjoy writting up an entry of that Spined Wyrm with it's wonderful picture!  ;)

"You know who the critics are? The men who have failed in literature and art." (Benjamin Disraeli)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2008, 10:01:26 »

Any objections?  Mies, seriously?  You wannit, you goddit. 

Grab a spot in the Bestiary to reserve it and add the pic, it's your baby!   Have fun....

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2008, 11:47:50 »

Oh! Some wonderful, excellent ideas everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Deadly mushrooms, spined wyrms, undead ice dragons...just the kind of warped, nasty things the Mist needs.

And a great picture from Bard! That truly captured the Mist and ruins exceptionally well.

Rooks, I hope you can work that mushroom idea in. I really like it.

Talia and Telamori, your ideas are giving me some true inspiration. Thanks for the pics.

Main entry updated with the ideas.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2008, 11:53:52 by Azhira » Logged

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 13 December 2008, 15:13:14 »

Glad you like it, hon!   Such a great entry should have a pic, and good writing always inspires my inner eye.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 December 2008, 23:05:24 »

I'll pop the savage mushroom on my to-do list and get to it asap....which could be a while :P.   But I do quite like the idea too!

..and I bet you could invent a tribe of Rat Brownies warped enough to survive there if you wanted to.....up to you.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2008, 23:07:18 by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 December 2008, 03:09:54 »

Hi Az,

If you like these two roses, the Black Desert Rose and the Wild Rose, I might be tempted to write you another twisted rose to have a variety for your mists...

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 December 2008, 11:11:49 »

Yay! By all means, Gean, please do! A dark, twisted variety of rose would indeed be quite suitable for the Mists. I look forward to it!  cool

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 March 2009, 04:02:20 »

Things change a little when left lingering in your fantasy for a while. I hope you'll like the following still (just a few lines on it, as you requested, so that the actual entry can be formed later).

White widow
The mists of Ostemangar holds a variety of twisted landscapes, shrouded in its fogs: among them are various pools, some bubbling maliciously, others ominously silent. Whether or not you'd like to come closer, may depend on the presence of a lone, white flower floating on the water surface. The White Widow, as this flesh-eating Lotus variety is called, as not to be meddled with. Its heart the size of large orcen fist, it prays on creatures and plants that dare to come near enough for it to seize them. Not only various lizards and frogs have fallen victim to this plant, but it does not hesitate to attack larger creatures, nor, when not confronted with flesh, to attack on plants, even its own kind. That's why it's been dubbed a "widow", for rarely do two of its kind survive long near eachother.

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2009, 21:17:53 »

Oh! How did I miss Gean's little contribution here? This looks excellent. I really like this nasty little plant. It gives the Mists area a sense of deadly beauty. As if a lost traveler finds solace in a normal looking flower only to be attacked and eaten as they get close!  evil

We'll definitely use this, Gean!  cool

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2009, 04:28:35 »

The (Alpine) Drop Bear:
http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Drop_bear
Lavellan
http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Lavellan
Furfer
http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Furfur

Think of it... walking through the mists, all of a sudden a great, bloody, ogre-bear drops down, and begins to claw at you. Running, you pull out your sword, and jab it in the eye, it lets out a beastly howl, and there comes a great flurry of activity. A herd of massive rodents comes bursting out of the undergrowth, stampeding away. One rams into the Drop Bear's leg, sending it sprawling. Growling in anger, it throws one up and into its mouth. It lets out another great roar, and a flock of deer flys out of the brush, great claws stretching into the night....

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Tharoc Wargrider
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 52

Peripatetic plunderer of crunchy comestibles

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2009, 04:35:37 »

all of a sudden a great, bloody, ogre-bear drops down, and begins to claw at you. Running, you pull out your sword, and jab it in the eye,

I don't know why, and perhaps it's just my strange sense of humour, but this made me spit my coffee out!

Thanks for brightening what is otherwise becoming a very dull evening, 'siki.  grin

Use the force, Luke.

And if that doesn't work, try switching it off and back on again.
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 March 2009, 04:37:52 »

Anytime, my friend. You know, Tharoc and Nsiki ought to adventure sometime- gah!
I just remembered! I have to write a bear entry :p

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Gwai'ayia Quillouf
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2009, 02:17:53 »

I love deadly beautiful flowers and flesh-eating mushrooms.  I do have an idea for a plant that might be interesting.

Name: Hero's Helper, Renamed the Deciever
Catogory: Vine/Creeper
Overview:  A small creeping vine that only grows along the solid pieces of ground within the mist and produces a night flower that glows in a steady flicker an eerie white or light blue.  These small ugly little beauties were once considered helpful to would be heroes who attempted to travel through the Mists as the vines grew only on solid ground and if one followed the vine close enough they were almost guarenteed that they wouldn't fall into a pit, quicksand, or seething ponds.  Newer information reveals that the vine is anything but helpful.  It has been discovered that the glowing powder that covers that night flowers of the vine actually contains the small insect eggs that perfer to hatch within the warm food-providing lungs of humans.  The Hero's Disease as it has come to be called is extremly painul before it finally results in death.  Those who are fornate not to inhale the eggs suffer an equally dreadful fate.  The glowing powder covering the flowers of the Healer's Helpers contains mind and body altertating properties giving those who consume it to gain almost inhuman strength at the cost of their mind turning them into berskers until the effects wear off.  Sustained inhalation of the dust has the same effect as an illegal powdered drug, called Hero's Help, eventually causing the victim to lose the facility of reason as they become seemingly stronger and stronger.  The drug is also addictive and after a few uses the user becomes addicted to the powder.  Unsavory characters wishing to make a profit still travel into the marshes to collect the flowers to crush them into a find powder to produce the illegal drug in order to sell it to those desperate for strength.  Users of this illegal drug eventually die either in the mad attempt to obtain the powder from the marshes or from injesting the lung devoring insect.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2009, 02:21:32 by Gwai'ayia Quillouf » Logged

"The sky is purple to Wise Eyes."Quote from Gwai'ayia Scrollreader Quillouf.

Dreamwell,

Gwai'ayia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 86
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!