Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hellans  (Read 3072 times)
ulver

Gained Aura: -6

View Profile
« on: 20 April 2009, 21:51:37 »

Overview
A proud and strong race the hellans were but they were greatly feared for their powerful magic and phsical advantages. They were so feared an alliance beetween Men and Orcs formed a vast army over 800 000 strong! There people had forseen this and decided to use a new untested magic teleportaton. The mighty Hellans Gathered at the tip of there kingdom at the capital Alexandria they used all there magic to transport to the middle of the Ardarrian sea. They lost 2 thirds of their population and the were thought to have commited suicide with magic. It was a tragic event but they plotted revenge. They created a magic that lets their island grow. They have potential allies and foes. They have there homeland as a huge island but the climate has changed them and the island. They own a few small islands for outposts and fishing towns. They are neghbors with a large colony of merfolk and the sea people. But there used to be human cannibals but they were destroyed in a battle for their city by doing this they were offered an alliance with the mefolk and sea people. They own semi large tracts of land and want to establish a foothold on the mainland. The hellans are semi aggresive but prefer to only fight when needed.

Appearance
They may look like an oversized human from afar but have no fat and are made of 90% muscle they are born like this. They have huge arms and there are four of them. They only have two legs. They have a ragged face with two horns. They have an outer layer of bronze on their skin. They are as big as the biggest human and have the abilitie to double their size to fight.

Physical and or psychological characteristics.
They are unimaginably strong and fast and are masters of Earth and Water they can tame any creature on that side of the continent. They may look like un  intelligent brutes but they should never be under estimated.
Coat of Arms
Describe the tribe's coat of arms, if any, and perhaps add why it looks like this, what the symbols mean and what historical, cosmological or mythical significance they have.

People
They are all great warriors but no other specalties have been reported

Housing
Unknown

Clothing
Unknown

Weapons
They have been said to use huge two handed weapons which suit them very welll

Occupations
All that is known is that they have a competion for rankings like fights and bets.

Government
They have been said to live in a dictatorship bassicaly the biggest and strongest hellan will get to be the leader.

« Last Edit: 23 April 2009, 05:17:24 by ulver » Logged
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2009, 22:03:15 »

If I were you, I wouldn't put too much effort into this attempt yet. You see, we generally reserve new tribes for the people with a little more experience under their belt, to make sure that they are well integrated into the world that we're creating. New races have a complete ban on them without any chance of a change in the foreseeable future. If you'll take my advise, start a little smaller. Write a person entry, an animal, a plant... Something that is more easily integrated into their surroundings than a whole new race :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
ulver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2009, 00:57:13 »

thanks for the input but i dont want to make a whole new tribe just yet im just doing it now so i dont have to later.
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2009, 03:52:53 »

Doing 'what' now?

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2009, 04:26:34 »

Put simply Ulver; we will never allow this race/tribe to be created in the way you describe it now. They are to isolated, to powerfull, and they have no place in the history that has already been written.

Oh, and i have no idea where the "Santharian Sea" would be, either.

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2009, 04:58:23 »

What if they were a mythical race, Mira?  Perhaps they could be developed as a legend.  After all, look at the ancient Greek myths and legends--this race is no more bizarre that the Cyclops, or centaurs, or something like that.  I know we have a ban on new races and there is no place for these "Hellans" on Caelereth, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be developed as a mythical, strictly legendary creature.

Just a thought,

Alysse

Alysse the Likely
ulver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2009, 05:09:51 »

Thank tou very much and i would use the last suggestion because thats the kind of tribe im making
Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2009, 06:04:09 »

Hello ulver,

if you are going to try to design a mythical tribe/race (and get the ok to do so), then make sure to visit the cosmological board and its monster introduction thread :)  here
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 April 2009, 01:00:50 »

Hey Ulver welcome,  don't get too frustrated just yet.

Just a couple of survival tips.  If you don't know the following you will find yourself frustrated very quickly.

1) Make sure the long term Santharians agree with your ideas, before you spend too much time.  Otherwise you could spend alot of time creating an entry that is doomed to rejection from the start.  It looks like Alysse has given you a path forward.

2) Even when presenting ideas make sure your spelling and grammar are correct. These mistakes make us doubt a final piece is even possible.  I understand not everyone is proficient in English. 

3)  Look at some of the other entries and see how they have incorporated other area into their entries.  Your creations have to "fit in" or else Santharia becomes too confusing. 

Working on something smaller is a good suggestion, you can always come back to bigger and complicated.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2009, 01:02:31 by Seeker » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2009, 06:15:36 »

My suggestion would be to look around and find a race (it does not have to be a human one, we have elves, orcs, hobbits, dwarves, gnomes and quite a few more) which this legend seems to suit.  Then you'll need to pick a tribe.  If you have a particular location in mind (check out our maps) that may help to narrow it down.  However, you will need to get the permission of the senior developer for that tribe, if they are available, and work with them to make sure that your entry fits well into that tribe and culture. 

I know this sounds like a lot but really, it's totally worth it.  As a senior Northern developer, I've always enjoyed working with newcomers to help them develop their entries so that they fit comfortably into the Northern regions. 

And don't discount Nyblemar as a possibility for the location of your legend--it's less developed than the main continent of Sarvonia, and thus it might be easier for you to fit it in with one of the tribes there.

I hope this helps.  The Dream is such a big site, that sometimes just doing the research can feel a little daunting.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask--we're generally a helpful lot and we like new people with vivid imaginations and cool ideas.   If there is anything I specifically can help with, I'll be glad to.

Happy Dreaming!

Alysse the Likely

Alysse the Likely
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]