Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Absence  (Read 6557 times)
Jonael Tomeskrift
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« on: 17 May 2009, 03:46:04 »

Heya everyone,

Just a quick note to those who've come in contact with me over the past week. I'll be gone for this coming week, from sunday to sunday. One of my uni course modules is Surveying, so we're off into the highlands for the week to do just that. Its out in the middle of nowhere, so unfortunately no internet connection.

@ Foraste Lydan: I'll have ya final correction sugestions up tonight before I set out so that your entry hopefully makes the update XD Sorry for the slow working.. this module's very time consuming and keeps me away from home for most of the day..

Alright well, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, and enjoy your weeks much, whatever it is your plans are ^^

Hugs,

Jonael
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 19:04:34 by Jonael Tomeskrift » Logged

Jonael Tomeskrift
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2009, 19:54:54 »

Thought I'd just use this one again..

For the next two months I'll be around on and off, cause I'm starting my new summer job.. I'll be working at Glamis Castle as an international tour guide, haha. And tho it's only an hour away from where I live the bus connections up there are so horrendous that I have to stay up there during the week. They've agreed to let me sleep in one of their cottages... which is awesome, staying in a cottage at a castle!... but I wouldn't know whether there's internet connection in the cottage, lol. So, sorry if I'm out for a week at a piece (i should be able to return home once a week)

Hope y're all well,

Hugs,

Jonael

Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2009, 22:34:57 »

How come I never got such a great summer job?!

(drools jealously drool)

I guess the fact that there are no huge old castles in Canada might have something to do with it...

Have fun, Jonael!

Alysse the Likely
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2009, 02:48:34 »

Yeah, Jonael, that's not bad as far as summer jobs go! The castle looks splendid. I hope, for your sake, that it's haunted ...? ;)

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Jonael Tomeskrift
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2009, 01:48:21 »

Yeah, Jonael, that's not bad as far as summer jobs go! The castle looks splendid. I hope, for your sake, that it's haunted ...? ;)

Aye, considered by most as the most haunted castle in Scotland grin

So I got the day off tomorrow, so I thought I'd pop back down to Dundee to get some more stuff from my appartment for the little Bothy I'm staying in... As my absence says, there's no internets up there, haha.. but considering I'm in the middle of the forest and dun even have tv, I'm looking at it as a healthy retreat and rehab from the busy student's life.

The castle itself is absolutely wonderful, the staff too just like a little family. There's soooo much to learn though XD I did my first couple of spanish and english tours these past two days.. but they weren't as good as I can see myself be. Just need to build up more confidence and know ever nook and cranny of its history I guess.

How's everyone else been and doing? Missed ya all hug

Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2009, 01:39:12 »

How come I never got such a great summer job?!

(drools jealously drool)

I guess the fact that there are no huge old castles in Canada might have something to do with it...

Have fun, Jonael!

Hey, hey, hey! What about Casa Loma, in Toronto? ;)
« Last Edit: 10 July 2009, 01:41:20 by Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth » Logged

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Alysse the Likely
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 69

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2009, 02:09:27 »

Okay, I guess you could say that there is ONE castle--but it's a tiny little one compared to those beautiful big European castles. Besides, I didn't live in Toronto then.   Casa Loma is a lovely little castle but as castles go, it's very small.  (We have memberships there and visit regularly with the kids)  And it's not even a hundred years old yet...but then Canada hasn't been around long enough (as a country) to have those kind of spectacular historical buildings.

Alysse the Likely
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2009, 02:48:48 »

Ya, Europe MIGHT have the leg up castle-wise on North America...

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2009, 04:15:44 »

huh

A couple of weeks ago I was here, then some 200 kilometers onwards there was this one, with MANY inbetween that we didn't see (Btw, Incidental very nice picture from that second one).

And you're saying 'might'? *cough*

(PS: Yes, I know that you're joking, was just looking for an excuse to post those pictures :P)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2009, 04:22:36 »

Haha, and very nice pictures they are :)

Jonael Tomeskrift
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2009, 04:38:47 »

Figured there wouldn't be much point in starting a new topic for a wee bit of information, so I added it to this here post.

I just wanted to explain my extended absence this past week, directing my apologies primarily towards Deklitch, given he's done a wonderful rendering of the Paxen, but I was never able to review and express my appreciation of the work propperly, (appart from in a couple of hasty pm's) Other than that I'm not sure there was any other 'topical' threads I had my fingers in... grin

Though I've come to the end of my full-time work at Glamis Castle (I now only work weekends there), third year of Uni's kicked in.. Though the course is not yet the maelstrom it promises to be, there's loads going on, lectures, labs, sports, social nights out. It all unfortunately adds up to a lot of nights where I just didn't have the neergy to give new entries my full and undivided attention. And unfortunately I'm not really one to start at something if I know I can only do a halfassed job at it ("halfassed" isn't a swearword is it? Or do I need to blank it? Haha)

Anyhoo, that's just so people dun think I'm on one of my dissapearing stints again (as has happened before).. Just a wee bit busy and occupied at the moment grin

Catch y'all around,

Hugs,

Jonael

Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2009, 05:52:34 »

Have fun with your real life, Jonael :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Jonael Tomeskrift
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 November 2009, 23:57:33 »

XD *cringe*

.. and it just doesn't get better..

It's that time of the semester again when exams are just around the corner and revision sessions in the library till ungodly hours of the morning commence.. Though I will try open my compendium scribbles tome from time to time I will appologise in advance if I miss any posts or don't reply right away.

Hope ya're all having a great time ^^

Jonael

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2009, 00:11:38 »

I've never been to college (except for some semesters at the local community kind), but is college really *that* busy?

shocked

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2009, 00:23:19 »

Depending on your major it really can be... expecially around exam time.  Good luck Jonael.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[17 September 2019, 22:01:36]

[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1087
Latest: aimeusdietger
Stats
Total Posts: 144684
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 78
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!