Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Random story time; The Winds of Change  (Read 542 times)
Miraran Tehuriden
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 61

Creator Of .. well, not much, recently

View Profile Homepage
« on: 20 June 2009, 23:16:38 »

Just because i was bored and don't want you folks to think i lost all of my inspiration during my absence; a completely non-santharian bit of fiction drama i cobbled together this morning ;) Its probably due many, many rewrites, and im no author, but here we go..

I wake up when the bell starts to toll. It chimes gently through the night, a pleasant
sound realy.

I always appreceate the irony of that.
Outide, high above Castholm, a light flares, and i rush to the window. Clouds roll and
swirl across the sky, growing darker every passing moment, even as one by one more golden
lights wink into existance, some close by, others faint and far away. The storm has come,
and the Guardians ascend to take their designated place.

Suddenly, a funnel descends from the ink-black clouds above, inevitably reaching for a
luminous figure not far to the east of Castholm. Its golden rays flare brightly as it
resists the incoming swirl, but before the assaulted Guardian can mount a defence, the
funnel closes around it. All across the sky, guardian light streaks towards the still
descending clouds like liquid lightning, as they, unable to leave their place for fear of relinquishing their
charges to the malevolent winds of the storm, can offer naught but token assistance to the
downed light.

I watch, and pray. Pray that the entrapped Guardian will break free. Pray that the
others will be able to help. Pray that soon, that golden figure will once again rise up
to defend the skies above Northwood Spring.
It does not. Mere moments before the funnel clouds will touch the trees below, lightning
crackles in arcs and bounds from within, shattering the funnel, and exploding in a blaze of
light that turns night into day, streams of pure light scorching the clouds into oblivion.

I never even blink. Instead, i just keep watching the pale purple afterimages until at
long last they too fade away, as i know everyone watching tonight will. It isn't untill
the song begins that i move, and then only to weep, as light-empowered voices, vibrant,
jubilant, yet filled with grief that floods the heart of the thousands of listeners below,
honour the courage, strenght, and final sacrifice of the Guardian of Northwood Spring.

Annah Mason, seven years of age, will not return home tonight, and the Guardians sing
her lament.

Soundtrack: Evanescence - My Immortal

I dont sleep anymore, of course. Just like eating or drinking, you dont need rest once
you've been called. But that doesn't seem to stop the dreams.

After your calling, the old memories seem... bland, in a way. Fuzzy and hazed, without the
clarity of your new senses. It does not make them more fu though. I don't think anyonecan
imagine what it feels like. The sensation of your body filled with so much power that it
feels like it disintegrates your very bones, enough to make light bleed from your skin. The
knowing that comes to you after your first time, the insight and wisdom you know no human
ever had, or could have. And the realisation that you are no longer one of the people you
are protecting.

I know of Guardians who lost their family and friends in one single night, because they were
called. The humans feel uneasy when we are around, our skin softly glowing, the gold of our
eyes. The knowing that we are more than they are, in a way.
But forgetting that to be like we are, we were forced to abandon what we were.

Every night, i sit here and watch over my sister, thankfull for her acceptance. And every
time i ascend, my resolve to keep her, at least, safe makes me able to withstand the storm
again and again, despite how i might sometimes wish it would take me away next. But i can't
allow it, Castholm needs its Guardian.
But i know we cannot hold out forever. One by one, the storm overpowers us, and forces the
remaining guardians to spread their efforts even thinner, while few, far to few new callings
occur to replace our fallen.

Soundtrack: Linkin Park - New Divide

Avrah Kehabhra

"The whole POINT of Nybelmar is that no one has any idea whats going on, overly long entries keep it that way." - Decipher Ziron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]