Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sprinkling Fairy Dust  (Read 2912 times)
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 21

Researcher of Brownies and Magic

View Profile
« on: 16 October 2009, 11:18:54 »

Ok, I can't take it anymore. I have to join the magic side. I have spent a few months checking and rechecking to make sure I understand the magic system. I think I'm ready to get into it. You can even quiz me if you like. I just want to know if anyone has any qualms with this. No, I am not abandoning my mixtures, but I can't resist the magic. I've always wished for magical powers, and have always been intrigued by any form of magic. Just a magical joining request. :D

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2009, 11:44:55 »

I don't think you'll find anyone with qualms about it, Syl.  thumbup The Magic section sorely needs some dedicated developers as its been quiet in there for sometime (except Fox, of course). So feel free! I'd love to help as I've written a few spells or two. I would try maybe revising some of the spells as many are in need of updating. That is usually a good start.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2009, 11:56:12 »

Ok! :) I'm glad I can be of use. I will start off with revising spell entries, as you have suggested. I get to do magick! grin

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2009, 03:16:37 »

Ok, just a quick question. Should I specialize in one element, or can I hop around? I'd like to be able to be diverse, but if I should stay in one area, I don't want to start working on two and realize that I can only choose one.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2009, 03:21:19 »

I guess if you understood the principles of the elemental magic system, then you can hop around and do spells with various elements. Just don't meddle with Xeuá, Ecuá, Weaver, Clerical Magic stuff or other kinds of magic for now, these are really advanced concepts.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2009, 03:41:18 »

Syl,

I would recommend looking here for a list of spells that need updating. The spells are essentially written, but need some revisions such as an overview, description details or casting. The best thing is to try one and get some feedback. An understanding of the elemental magic system is essential before moving on to advanced concepts.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2009, 03:44:30 »

Thanks Azzy. :) Been looking through that for a bit now, trying to decide which one I should do first. It seems to me that the Wind and Earth spells need the most attention. That could be because they are on opposite ends of the spectrum, in terms of physical and spiritual. I think I'll get to work on those sections. I'll do my best to figure out what is wrong with some of them.

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2009, 03:53:12 »

Personally, I think the Wind school is the easiest to understand. Earth school is rather shaky as far as development goes.

For example, the spells Shape Smoke and Wind Walking need overviews. The casting procedures and categories need updating. For Shape Smoke, the casting procedure requires the caster to manipulate the Wind ounia and focus on the property of motion to shape it...etc.

See my spell Nightshade Cloud for an example.

The only downside to magic development is that there is no active mods in that area. You'd need Arti to approve stuff. I don't see Mina anymore.  :(

Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2009, 03:57:31 »

You seem to read my mind a lot. I was being drawn to the Wind spells. I am going to start with shape smoke, as it seems simple enough. I'll work my way up. Maybe one day I'll even become one of the magic experts. I have a LONG way to go though. Until then, I'll get on that spell.

Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2009, 04:04:06 »

I was just reading that spell, and I think that it should be a Sphere II spell, with the Spell Class being Motion. If I'm wrong please let me know.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]