Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Requests of Mountainous Proportions  (Read 2465 times)
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 21

Researcher of Brownies and Magic

View Profile
« on: 24 October 2009, 03:35:15 »

Alrighty! I was just wondering if anyone might want me to include some fun little additions to my new project: Mount Evermourn.

So far, I have: An ancient ruin, a lava pool, a crystal chamber, and an ice cavern. If you want me to include any more cool places in or on the mountain, post it here!

I am also taking ideas on Flora and Fauna for this mountain. I'm taking suggestions, and creatures that anyone would like to develop. I'm also thinking of describing some very strange, cool, abnormal creatures, and maybe even some mythical creatures for this mountain. Any suggestion/proposals?

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2009, 03:51:03 »

Sylvia-  Looks like your developing quite a cool little mountain.  As you get ideas coming in just keep in mind how each of these things could/would effect the human populations nearby.  And also make sure the items you place on the mountain would be able to coexist in some logical way.  for example a lava pool and ice cavern on the same mountain would need some explanation as to how they could both exist.  (Otherwie your ice cavern would turn into a steam room.)

So keep these things in mind and when it is all done I am sure it would be an interesting place to visit and illustrate some day.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2009, 04:02:31 »

A lava pool and an ice cavern in the same mountain? Zoinks!

Don't forget Lake Glandolen and the citadel.

You shouldn't have to look far for flora and fauna - the Manthrian region has alot of both. Sort through the entries in the bestiary and herbarium.

For example, just from taking a quick peek at the menus - the Aelirel bird and the Corbie. The Candlebush and the Dainbel bush.

You probably won't need to invent too many "new" plants and animals as there are so many native ones already. However, a few new types for those deep, underground caverns and the lake may be nice. Maybe a cavern fish? Or an apparition that lives among the stalagtites.

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2009, 04:59:19 »

I'm really looking forward to this mountain! As Seeker said, don't try to achieve the impossible, better make it an interesting icecave on the northside of it, than adding several things which don't go together well. I think the crystal chamber is what you should concentrate , if I remember the description right, it is anyway a great task to do this one properly!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2009, 05:42:14 »

I was thinking of maybe removing the lava pool, and making it all icy and crystally. I plan on doing some interesting things with the lake and the citadel.

"The trials and tribulations of Brownies over the centuries have made them wary of humans. I am humbled to be called 'Brownie Friend'."- Eldor Delrossa
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2009, 05:56:22 »

@Azhira: Thankyou, I had nearly forgotten them.

@Seeker: You're right, I will remove the lava pool, as I think the ice cavern is cooler(Pun was totally intended). lol

@Taila: In what way do you think that I should concentrate on the Crystal Cavern?

Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2009, 06:03:51 »

Sylv, Evermourn is part of the Caeytharians. I believe I'd mentioned that there was granite in there somewhere if you want to include it (this was in the Yanth River entry in the bit about the spring) as a detail. Granite is a useful rock after all.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2009, 06:06:57 »

Not necessary concentrate.. but when I read the description of the Crystal caverns - they would be worth an entry on their own. I don't know, how far you want to expand on them. It seems to me, that they are the most interesting part of the mountains.

Mount Evermourn however is more than that: Though most of the crystals in the mountain have already been mined, you can still find many interconnected stalactite caves and a gigantic underground sea, Lake Glandolan, in Mount Evermourn, with an isle of stone on it. There the ancient Avennorians erected the sparkling self-illuminating underground citadel Ciosastran out of the most valuable materials available and they built magnificent golden bridges to reach the isle from all sides. At Ciosastran the leaders of the Avennorians met to discuss important matters, and during the time of the Vardýnnian atonement the stalactite caves even became home to many people who believed that remaining in the eternal night outside would be there doom.

Since then Ciosastran is more than just an official meeting place, but has developed to a location for people who seek the different. In the expanded Ciosastran citadel you will now find alchemists, spell shops for Xeuátans, some of the most famous smiths and mapmakers, who can endow you with cartographic details from all parts of the known world.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2009, 06:10:20 »

@Valan: *Jots it down* Thanks for that detail. :)

@Taila: I see what you mean. I made the cavern because I thought it would be a very interesting little hidden bit, a sort of "Oops, they missed this one when they mined all of the crystals." I think it would be a good idea to make an entry all of its own eventually.

Eldor Delrossa
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2009, 12:10:45 »

I have a question. Can I simply "steal the Flora and Fauna from the Mithral Mountains entry? I makes sense to me, seeing as Mount Evermourn is one of the Mithral Mountains. Of course, I could make some additions for inside of the mountain, and add some stuff that that entry may have missed.

Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2009, 12:16:27 »

Evermourn is part of the Caeytharians Sylvia. Separate chain of mountains that's further to the south. The flora and fauna might be similar, but since there aren't any dwarves inhabiting those mountains, there might very well be significant differences. For one, the Caeytharians don't seem to be as tall as the Mithrals. For another, they're closer to the coast it would appear. That would change the kind of things that might be able to live in the higher peaks.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]