Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: lightning drake picture  (Read 4406 times)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« on: 14 December 2009, 04:43:59 »

Seeker and Deklitch were alone on the trail as the slope begain an incline.   Deklitch broke from his discussion on his upcoming compendium entries "  I hope we are almost to the Holiday Party, the clouds are gathering and I see lightning on the horizon.  How close are we Seeker?"

Seeker gave Dek a sly smile.  "Sorry my friend we have taken a detour.  I would have told you sooner but I was afraid you would protest"

"Why would I protest"  Deklitch cautiously asked.

Just at that moment the companions turned a corner.... a huge ROOAAR greeted them..... The duo jumped back behind the rocks....before them was a spectacular site....... A lightning dragon.

Comments welcome (This draft is about 90% complete, but I need inspiration from your comments to bring it the rest of the way.)
« Last Edit: 23 January 2010, 16:31:49 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 32

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2009, 04:46:41 »

I am going to be a meanie, and make you change the title to Drake. :p As the entry will be changed as well. :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Perhaps add a bit more lightning about the drake itself? and make the ones in the background thicker?
« Last Edit: 14 December 2009, 04:48:16 by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Draconic Development Schedule
Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2009, 04:48:17 »

That. Is. Awesome.

speechless

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2009, 04:54:22 »

Deklitch runs and hides beneath a rock somewhere.

EEK!

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Stormraven

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2009, 04:55:15 »

That is AWESOME

Not all who Wander are Lost J.R.R. Tolkien
Rookie Brownbark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 71

Researcher of all Things Brownie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2009, 05:35:54 »

Wow, I really love the way you've used the light on this, it really looks like the brightness is coming from her skin.  Mmmmmmm

Diminutive and crunchable
Brownie Board
Development Schedule

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2009, 06:01:26 »

Seeker, I think you will be chained to my draconic dungeon in the near future :p

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2009, 10:38:01 »

Wow! The light is wonderful. I agree, though--more lightning might look really cool, but you might have to see. It might look bad, too.

Well, Kalina, you know what this means: time to finish that entry! (You're going to help me with a myth, right?  Big Grin)

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2009, 10:57:36 »

Of course! Once  I figure out a name for the Draconic High Deity(ies)

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 December 2009, 11:18:30 »

Well, Kalina, you know what this means: time to finish that entry! (You're going to help me with a myth, right?  Big Grin)

Don't think you can get away with writing a myth without *MY* help! Between Kali and myself, we have you covered.  thumbup

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 14 December 2009, 11:27:49 »

I just thought of another question, and this would be directed towards both Rayne and Seeker:

Do they make their nests out of grasses and twigs like birds, or would they use crevasses in the rocks? or even perhaps burrow in the ground/sand?

Stormraven

Gained Aura: 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 December 2009, 11:48:18 »

I was thinking the same thing Kalina.
Wouldn't sticks and such be a fire hazard with the electricity that arcs from them though?

Not all who Wander are Lost J.R.R. Tolkien
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 December 2009, 23:37:34 »

Thanks for the positive response everyone.  :D That really makes me excited.  I will mess around the lightening a bit and see how it looks.  i will also make the nest a bit more rocky but will keep alot of the stringy animal skin as well.  I also need to add in the drippy saliva (I forgot about that).

I'll wait to update it .....I am sure I wiill get some more suggestions.

Kalina- I would love to work more in the draconic arena.  However it will be on a volunatry basis  grin.   Let me know if you have any specific entries you would like drawn.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 14 December 2009, 23:46:56 »

Seeker, I'm still looking and brooding over it..

Something is wrong with the lightning, have to look at some photographs though to be able to tell what.
The dark stroke on its right wing lets me believe, that it is as thick as that dark stroke, don't think, you have intended this.

Otherwise - impressing!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2009, 02:44:52 »

I guess the rock on which the dragon is sitting on is extremely dark, so this adds a bit to an unrealistic effect. Especially if you open the picture with the standard Windows fax/pic viewer you see the picture with a white border around it and the rock is practically entirely swallowed with an outside light influence. So I'd suggest to work a bit on that rock and give it more texture to balance the picture a bit in this regard.

Also the dragon wings might use some additional texture at the very bright spots, looks a bit uneven at the moment.

But overall this is heading in the right direction!  thumbup

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]