Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Eyelian Beastmaster Pic  (Read 5584 times)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« on: 14 July 2010, 10:48:50 »

After capturing the monkeys our party returned to Ximax.  After waking through the city we stopped at a small trading post.  Most of us decided to take a breather and I rested against the wall of a nearby building.  From my vantage point I could see the lead hunter speaking with a small man who appeared to be Eyelian. I was surprised to see the hunter dealing with this man as the Eyelian had the look of honesty and character, whilst the hunter was anything but. Nevertheless, they seemed to be negotiating as the encounter ended with the Eyelian providing the hunter a bag and the hunter pointing to the cages.  

Comments welcome
Eyelian Beastmaster
« Last Edit: 07 August 2010, 16:53:35 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Smee
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2010, 15:39:56 »

Excellent picture... somehow you've managed to capture a quality of honest strength in those eyes. They seem peaceful, but capable. Intelligent but not hostile. Very impressive.

The only comment on the eyes, is the eyelids seem a little flat, and 2D, seemingly no thickness to them.

+Aura from me ... I look forward to seeing this along side Tikky's Eyelian woman which I happen to know is currently in production. 

Happy Dreaming.

"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own satanic herd!"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2010, 03:16:14 »

Yep, another great picture, and another well deserved aura +1, Seeker! It's good to see another tribe specific picture done, in this case an Eyelian, as with every such picture the tribe literally gets its face as something distinct from everything else we have on site. And that's of course very important. Plus such a picture goes with specific entries as well, so that's a great thing to have for everybody. :D

As Smee pointed out maybe the eye part could use more shadows, but other than that I think it's really very well done!

P.S. Don't forget the monkey and the book, as this weekend is update time, so whatever can make it in, I'll take.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2010, 06:33:11 »

I'm distinctly impressed, Seeker. That face really has character. The eyes are melancholic, but the mouth has the hint of a smile, and at the same time expresses (I think) serenity, gentleness, and assertiveness. The intriguing asymmetries - the forehead, the eyes, the mouth - mean that the beholder finds that his eyes wander from one spot to another and never want to stop, and continually comes up with new layers of interpretation of the man's character. Personally, I imagine this Eyelian is a man who has become wise at a young age.

If I had one criticism, it would be the necklace. I can see that it casts a shadow, but it still looks two-dimensional to me - maybe because I think I should be able to see its details more clearly outlined, less blurry, given the gauzy detail you've given, for example, the man's hair. Not that I could do it half a percent as good myself.

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2010, 11:06:37 »

I'd also like to say that I'm extremely impressed.  Your work is still as good as I remember it having been.

The one thing I noticed was that you made an effort to make the collar bone on the viewer's right side to be quite distinct, but didn't include on on his left. 
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2010, 11:20:35 »

Well done Seeker! Aura plus one! Obviously a fine example of the Bear tribes mighty warriors - the broad face, prominent nose, wide features. Well done, let's get this integrated!

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2010, 11:23:18 »

Remarkable sense of character here - as others before me have pointed out.   There are some crudities of execution - again, the collar bone, the flatness of the necklace beads - yet the impression of the portrait is so effective and powerful!  One's eyes keep tracing the face, searching the expression, making the connection with his personality and presence....  someone that radiates trustworthiness and a sort of inner peace.  Quite striking - bravo!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Azhira Styralias
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 132

Mód’dél’áey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2010, 02:00:06 »

He looks very wise and friendly. Also rugged and manly.  thumbup Definitely a nice addition to the tribe entry!

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2010, 18:58:28 »

And I also notice it's a Drasil who has found his way back for a few posts this year!  grin Hope we'll see you a while longer than last time!  thumbup

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2010, 07:44:03 »

Mhmm.  Back to make flood your board with places entries! *cackles maniacally*
Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 64

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2010, 08:34:25 »

Umm...Amazing?

No...Astounding?

Better...Awe-inspiring?

Closer...

AURA+1
That's alll I can say. Anything more meaningful has been said. Although I thing the collar bone is OK - it's under his collar.

Athviaro
« Last Edit: 17 July 2010, 08:36:17 by Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr » Logged

"I don't care what you did as a boy."
"Well, I did nothing as a girl, so there goes my childhood." - Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, The Gay Divorcee, 1934.
The Life and Works of Athviaro Shyu-eck-Silfayr
Kalta'hnk - My ramblings on anything to do with the Glandorians - The Glandorian Men (Proposal)
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2010, 12:34:35 »

Thanks for the great reaction to this picture everyone.   :D

Here is an update. Let me know if you feel this addressed the comments.  Perhaps the changes are too subtle. Let me know how you feel.

Obviously a fine example of the Bear tribes mighty warriors
Oh I was hoping he could be from the Eagle Clan.  The claw on his necklace is actually an eagle talon.  undecided  
« Last Edit: 30 July 2010, 12:38:07 by Seeker » Logged

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 144

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2010, 15:34:09 »

Hence the Eagle in the sky.  Eagle was what I was thinking.  Great job, my friend.

I really need to get a "Great job Seeker" stamp.  It would be so much easier than actually typing it each time.  Auried. :)

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Seeker
Santh. Member

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2010, 00:36:36 »

I really need to get a "Great job Seeker" stamp.

Alt, you could just tattoo it on your character portrait's forehead.  :D

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 32

Dalá'isyrás

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2010, 00:58:07 »

Brilliantly done, Seeker, yet again. :)

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Draconic Development Schedule
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]