Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 3571 times)
Kothar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 18 October 2011, 15:37:26 »

Am I dreaming......what is this strange and beautiful world........may I indeed become a permanent fixture and fellow creator?  Awe, I forgot my manners; I am called Kothar and I am a fantasy fanatic.  Though my creative and writing skills are unrefined I believe that with time I could become a capable asset to this world and its creation. My particular  areas of interest would be in religion and mythology, but as these are likely complex and not the easiest way to get acquainted with Santharia I might try my hand at places or animals to get started.  I am an easy going fella, and I enjoy the opportunity to learn and advance my creative skills, and as such I hope I will be a quick study for my future and potential mentor(s).

In hopes of finding my creative home,

Kothar
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2011, 19:39:57 »

Welcome to the Dream, Kothar, and be your stay here a fruitfull one. :)

I am an easy going fella
... your avatar tells me another story...

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Kothar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2011, 01:04:19 »

Haha evil .......Don't judge a book by its cover and all that.....perhaps I do enjoy a bit of darkness, but I am still very easy going. :P
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2011, 03:50:42 »

Hello and welcome to the Dream, Kothar! wave

Congrats on getting through our registration form, which is a bit of an obstacle, but as it helps to keep spammers out, it got a bit more difficult to register. But you managed that, so well done! I see you've not only introduced yourself but have already started working on a first entry - that's the spirit! :D - Myth/lore is always welcome, it's definitely one of the things that make a fantasy world what it is! - Hope you'll enjoy it here!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Kothar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2011, 04:19:43 »

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to Dreaming with fellow Santharians for a long time to come, and I hope to be a consistant and helpful contributor to this worlds evolution and creation.
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2011, 05:20:53 »

That's a nice little introduction you wrote there, Kothar! Welcome to Santharia from me, too! I look forward to reading what you come up with. We don't have a formal mentor system at the moment. Every member just comments according to their heart's delight, according to the time they have available, and according to their area of expertise - except for me, who has got no area of expertise, but comments anyway.

Happy dreaming,

Shabakuk

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2011, 05:45:34 »

I agree with you Master Anfang, you have no area of expertise ... you have multiple areas of expertise!

Welcome from me as well Kothar ... enjoy the food, don't get between Tharoc and the nibbles, and if Valan grabs a butter knife and looks at you ... RUN!

Enjoy Santharia,

Dek

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2011, 12:59:49 »

Welcome Kothar

Creative home, that is a perfect way to describe how I feel about Santharia.  I love it here and I hope you do too.  If are willing, you will learn alot from the other members and your writing talents will only get better.  Welcome again and have fun.

Seeker

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Kothar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2011, 14:32:25 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look froward to learning from and working with you.
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2011, 07:23:39 »

Welcome, Kothar, to Santharia!

I think you will be a wonderful addition to these hallowed boards! I can tell by the fluidity and lucidity of your style that you have a talent, and it will be a delight to hear your unique voice joining into the harmony of Santharia's song.

You will find many mentors here who can guide you. We all have our specialties, styles, and talents, and if there's ever anything that you need, someone will always be there to help!

I am Rayne. It is a pleasure to meet you; please let me know if I may ever be of help to you.  heart

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Elron Sylver

Gained Aura: 3

student

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2011, 09:32:43 »

Welcome :), To a world i know little about. as you may have seen I am new as well, good to see I'm not the only one grin. anyway greetings hope to read some of your work!

The courageus don't live forever,
But the coward doesnt live at all.
Kothar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2011, 09:39:23 »

Thank you both. I am currently working on an entry at this moment, and I would gladly accept input from either of you.  Rayne, you are a fanastic writer and my first goal as a Santharian is to work in collaboration with you on some project. If at any time you have an idea in mind which might require more hands than yours alone I would be honored if you considered me. Your Shenora Spider entry has been one of my early favorites. Good Show!
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2011, 11:54:07 »

Oh, Kothar, you flatter me!  heart

I very much enjoy collaborative projects. Unfortunately, my last group project is coming to a close (The City of Ximax) and there hasn't been enough interest to begin another one. However, I am fond of working as a pair on entries, as well (as I did with Coren on the Paerhem entry).

I suppose my first step might be to ask your interests and goals. It might be helpful to do some exploring--to pack your bags and grab your walking stick and see what Caelereth has to offer. It is often most advantageous to find an topic or area you most enjoy and focus your energies there--even if the topic or area is very small (such as, in my early development, cats and birch trees!).

The best advice I can give for a beginning Santharian, I suppose, might be to choose a place you would eventually like to do a place entry on, and then begin building the flora and fauna needed to actually realize such an entry. It is a fun project, and leads you to be an expert, not only on that place, but the region surrounding it--one influenced by the ecosystem you have created.

Think about your goals and interests, perhaps do some exploring, and let me know what you'd like to do! I will be happy to offer any help and advice that I can.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2011, 12:36:14 »

Kothar, if my area of Eight Winds Bay is of interest to you ... I've got a little cottage up near Silven, built in the traditional Blessed Sea Elf style, from where I write and research. The house and yards are maintained by a Blessed Sea Elf and a Susilgerim Dwarf who are lovers ... if you can believe it. In any case, I've got plenty of guest bedrooms up here, and you can look out over the waters of Eight Wind Bays and marvel at what you see. Rayne, I'd love you to come and visit as well ... particularly if you two would like to collaborate in some way.

I also have friends in Xaramon province, specifically near the city of Naios, overlooking the waters of Wind Bay. There would be things there that might be of interest, particularly if you want something not so far off the beaten track.

If sea travel doesn't make you sick, and you want to go further afield than Northern Sarvonia, why not put in at the Islands of R'unor? Valan is in and around those islands and although he is rather quick with a butter knife ... if you get to know him he isn't QUITE as scary as he first appears.

Anyway three thoughts for you ...

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[21 September 2019, 20:08:43]

[17 September 2019, 22:01:36]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1088
Latest: brayd3n26
Stats
Total Posts: 144685
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 78
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!