Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ska'kailn revision  (Read 7787 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 10 September 2012, 02:15:17 »

Valan, I have only problems with revisions which do not respect the original entry as much as possible. How much is needed to be changed is of course interpretation. But as a thumb of rule we have:

Change only as much as absolutely necessary and leave of the original entry as much as possible.

(I could search in the forum for discussions about that subject, but I prefer to work on other stuff. )

I see this principle violated in your submission, this has nothing to do with you as a person, I do not have any antipathy against you .

Would you please give me an answer to my question - new name and new revision or not?

Thanks.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2012, 02:20:00 »

May I please clarify what is being proposed? I'm a bit confused. Are you proposing that:

(a) you will revise the Skakailn, staying closer to the original entry
(b) This version (ie Valan's revision) goes up as-is, as a separate creature related to the Skakailn?

EDIT: I've read the thread again. I think this is what Artimidor and Talia were proposing? Sounds like an efficient compromise?
« Last Edit: 10 September 2012, 02:27:50 by Coren FrozenZephyr » Logged

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Valan Nonesuch
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 113

Like a pudding bag full of knives

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2012, 03:07:02 »

@Talia: Given that you seem to be in objection to anything I do with regards to R'unor, I think I can be excused for making the assumption that this matter isn't something personal.  From where I stand, the changes to this creature are necessary. I've restricted the Ska'kalin to R'unor so that both the animal and the area remain unique, in the original spirit of the territory.

@Coren: At the moment my priority is that R'unor be coherent and well integrated. Having two creatures with the same name and shape running around is not in the interest of that.

Beyond the horizon where the earth and the heavens meet
lies a certain point where they are not joined together and where, by stooping,
one might pass under the roof of the heavens.
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2012, 03:40:10 »

@Talia: Given that you seem to be in objection to anything I do with regards to R'unor, I think I can be excused for making the assumption that this matter isn't something personal.  From where I stand, the changes to this creature are necessary. I've restricted the Ska'kalin to R'unor so that both the animal and the area remain unique, in the original spirit of the territory.

I'm sorry you feel like this, but I cannot follow you here. I'm only asking to think about stuff if I think it is for the better of the site. This has nothing to do with you, apart that it was you who delivered that new beast. If you feel personally attacked, I can't help.

As I said, I have no problems with restricting it to R'unor (I asked you, if you wanted it this way, remember?) I still think though, that you changed too much (as others do also - did you follow the rule above?), not much is left from the original entry apart from the name. I don't speak about keeping whole passages of the original, but the ideas. (The language is partly a problem)
But I said this already. Btw, I said this to other members also some time ago.

@Coren: At the moment my priority is that R'unor be coherent and well integrated. Having two creatures with the same name and shape running around is not in the interest of that.

Same name? No, I proposed to rename your new beast.
Same shape: A somehow similar shape really wouldn't hurt, one could ponder if they might be distinct relatives. And don't worry, my beast would be different from yours. Of course I would have to ADD stuff to the current entry.

If your concern is R'unor, why not rename your beast and transfer the Ska'Kailn to another place outside your territory? This would be a  minor change. 

I would be pleased, if you could give me a clear Yes or No, before I forget the ideas I have for another revision.

However, I'm not too keen on doing it, though I can't help thinking about it, but I would like to have an answer soon. Thanks. :)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 13 September 2012, 00:40:16 »

Hey Valan! Would it be that much trouble to simply rename your creature, as it will stay as it is, and Talia only adjusts the other one. I'd say this shouldn't really be that much trouble, and solves our problems elegantly.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2012, 17:55:08 »

Question still open, Valan!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]