Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New external Santharian artist 3: Reegen  (Read 9122 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 05 February 2013, 21:06:09 »

Ok guys, we've another contributor, Reegen (aka Frank Att), interestingly one more from Regensburg (Germany, Bavaria)... While busy with his studies at the moment, he might perhaps join us actively as well and draw some stuff inspired by the site - let's see what develops and when he has more time :)

I've already received his team page information, so no problems there to integrate his works, see here. Frank basically draws for fun, so there are no commissioned artworks there, free to use, dear Santharians :) You'll see: Breathtaking stuff! clap
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 22:25:15 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2013, 23:32:06 »

Yeah, he has some nice pics! I didn't see one though, which I could put to use immediatly.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2013, 03:46:43 »

It's not easy to immediately place a picture, that's true. Some pics would qualify for places where we already have illustrations, for example the Venlaken Enclave - pics like Lord of the Wasteland or Roots of the Kingdom could fit there. So if the main entry already has various pictures, maybe there is a sub-entry somewhere where these pictures might fit? Hmmm...

While pictures might not be directly usable there's lots of inspiration to be gained from pictures like this. With a few additions to an entry or a new entry we could make it work. Like the Landscape Study might be something where a tribe practices a test of courage by letting their youths climb up there e.g. That would only require an additional paragraph if it makes sense to put it to a specific tribe.

Sunset study could go into the Injèrá entry...

And how about this ancient Ice Tribe culture? The On Protection of the Cliffs picture would also fit that bill. So maybe there lurks a development opportunity somewhere to have a sort of "Atlantis of the North" up there...

Can't promise anything, but it might be that Reegen could perhaps adjust certain details for us if he finds the time. So if we've got a plan, we can ask.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2013, 05:49:43 »

Well, on the protection of the cliffs does not fit into that Icelands area, there are no such big mountains . I don't know, if there is something in the east - maybe on Cyllahoi. But do we really want to introduce an ancient culture, just because we have this picture? There are buildings, you can't just speculate like I proposed with that strange flowerthing in Sandara's painting.

Roots of the kingdom is problematic also, if we want to be somewhat accurate - our moon does not wane in this way. (The colour would not be problematic) Or what else could it be? (Well, let's remove it ;) )

The rock as an addition to an existing tribe entry is a good idea.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Santh. Member

The Remusian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2013, 14:15:23 »

I agree the Mountains don't fit with what we have envisioned.  Though, there is that Mountain City of Ombaxxis that Shabby was going to write.  Abandoned years and years ago.  This pic could be inspiration for that.

"Lather...Rinse...Repeat"   Why has God made my life so complicated?

This is what I'm working on
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2013, 05:29:26 »

Well, this one is not as spectacular as others, but it might fit nicely to a river entry...

We can offer the Thaehelvil or the Yanth River maybe.
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 23:02:31 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2013, 04:29:52 »

Brand new picture by Reegen BTW, see here. :)

BTW: Santharians with a Deviant account: Feel free to comment on pictures done by our external artists, especially Reegen's (Frank's) - his works really deserve much more attention! They are simply great epic drawings, which I'm sure will find their way into Santharia bit by bit :) Reegen is very supportive and allowed me for example to adjust the picture we've used for the Thaehelvil river, which has now a tint of yellow...

Anyway, love the new picture - we should have a mysterious wood somewhere to make it fit eventually!  cool

Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2013, 09:51:41 »

Regarding Deviant Art - do you need to actually submit things to have an account there, or is simply having an account and commenting on entries enough for them. I'm sure you all would agree that my attempts at drawing are rather bad.

In any case, that picture looks amazing.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 465

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2013, 10:44:27 »

You can have an account and simply comment on other pictures and make a collection of your own "Favorites".  You can also submit writing as well.  Not just pictures.  If you create an account we can set you up as a "contributor" in our deviant group.  That will allow you to do some things like accept pictures that are submitted to our deviant group.  You can then also suggest pictures to our deviant group which will bring people to the group and then hopefully take the big jump to visiting our santharia site here.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2013, 15:04:38 »

Talk of synchronicity! I just wrote an entry on the Plains of Kaerath and two new pictures pop up that could have been commissioned to illustrate the Plains! May I claim this for the forests of the Amorai people? Entry coming up in a day or two.

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2013, 15:58:47 »

Sure you can - which pictures are you talking about exactly?

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2013, 17:22:52 »

I'll make a list later this morning with captions. =)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2013, 04:29:31 »

Some new sketches from Reegen, see here. Now these might just be sketches, but in case someone gets struck with an idea we might ask Reegen to work on one of these pictures in detail.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2013, 06:31:15 »

One more new great pic by Reegen awaits right here. :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 07 March 2013, 04:17:59 »

Another fascinating new Reegen pic: check this one out!

Note that it has some sci-fi elements which probably could easily removed or adjusted to Santharian needs (Reegen is very cooperative), so if there's an idea where to use this one in adjusted form, this should be possible.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2013, 04:19:48 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1093
Latest: sh4l0nda12
Stats
Total Posts: 144684
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 214
Online Ever: 562
(Yesterday at 02:54:50)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Last 10 Shouts:
24 October 2019, 13:31:22
Hi and happy 2019 shoutout from me.
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)