Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Reserving Proposed Entries  (Read 13541 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 17 August 2005, 13:06:00 »

If you have decided to work on an entry, which was posted as a suggestion in the various Proposed Entries threads, you can here reserve this entry for you. Simply reply to this thread, state the category (Bestiary, Herbarium, Places etc.) and the entry you want to take, and if everything's fine, you'll get the ok for it.

If you want to reserver an entry, please use the following scheme to post (example entry):

Varcopas   Places, Truban
Claimed by: Talia Sturmwind
Idea/Proposal: Major port town in Southern Santharia, northern edge of the Ráhaz-Dáth, gate to trade with Nybelmar, as important as Strata, Thalambath and Milkengrad

Please note, however, that if you don't manage to complete the entry within the next weeks, the project is considered abandoned and may be given to someone else!
« Last Edit: 12 August 2006, 06:14:27 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2005, 04:35:00 »

Art, should we claim here entries as well, we want to do, but are not on the proposal list? Those we posted elsewhere some time ago? And in what form?  Maybe like this:

Netherworlds (Revision) Cosmology, Places
Idea/Proposal:Here should actually be a rough idea, what the one , who wants to do the entry has in mind, so that contradictions, impossibilities are cut short from the beginning.

Voidwalkers (Revision): Cosmology, Places
Idea/Proposal: Just some minor changes

Ravenport (Places), Manthria
Claimed by: Talia Sturmwind, Gean Firefeet
Idea/Proposal Biggest Avennorian port town in Southern Santharia, eastern Manthria.

The use of granite and other stones, their winning and the treatment of their surfaces.
Claimed by:Talia Sturmwind
Idea proposal: When humans started to build houses with stones, they used it most times as they found it. Later on, they learned how to hew them, technics were invented to make the work easier or enhance the beauty of the stone and finally  the fabulous works of our masons were created.

One of these technics mentioned was the invention of polishing the (granite ) stones in Varcopas in xxx b.S.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2010, 18:33:27 by Talia Sturmwind » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
ishmaelion
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 10

Ishmaelion the philosopher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2005, 13:25:00 »

Shatí Raín BirdCategory: bestiary, bird
Claimed by: Ishmaelion
Idea: A small bird that nests on the ground within fields of Burning Grass. It is incredibly quick and can easily dodge the blades of grass as they attempt to capture prey. The bird has a feisty temperment and mobs of them have been known to attack snakes as they attempted to eat the birds' eggs. They feed upon the seeds of the Burning Grass, such seeds are indigestible to any other creature.

Ishmaelion

Mi a welaf gwr
gwelaf fi y paladr
angheu a ofnaf fi
mi a ddifferaf fy merch
cwyddaf
Norkin

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2005, 10:38:00 »

Quaerash (monstrous lizard) (Reservation confirmed by Artimidor)
Claimed by: Norkin
Idea/Proposal: A monstrous Lizard that roams Southern Sarvonia that resembles a scaly pig. It has one of the most effective defensive mechanisms of any monster in Caelareth.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 10/2/05 19:25
Takashi Logan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2005, 13:16:00 »

Spilk: very light, high-quality cloth
Claimed by: Takashi Logan
Search Link: Krean Men
Details: The most cherished cloth, the spilk, a fabric made out of the cobweb of a spider living in their forests, is the softest and sleekest. How it was processed, which spider it was, is lost in the mist of the past. Today only the wealthiest families have clothes made from spilk, as the only source of this precious cloth is garments passed on from one generation to another

Edited by: Takashi Logan at: 10/13/05 21:39
Erian Melor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2005, 22:50:00 »

Wild Rose Herbarium, Flower
Claimed by: Erian Melor
Idea/Proposal: The wild rose is a flower with a notorious past. Created by a green druid for his unfaithful lover, the venom found on the thorns of the rose has often been used by maidens to quietly end their lives. The black rose grows with exceptional speed and must be handled with care when plucked. Herbalists risk their lives each and every time their hands come near the insidious thorns. Only the rose’s scarcity in the wild prevents an epidemic of deaths caused by its venom.        

A few notes:
- I would like to remove all mention of the War of the Chosen from the entry, as I feel that enough beasts and plants were created during the war. Also, my idea for its creation has nothing to do with the War of the Chosen.
- I would like to change the name of the rose to something that better describes its deadly qualities. Normally, I would just create a secondary name, but I believe that “Wild Rose” doesn’t suit a rose that is rarely found in the wild.
- It is my understanding that drawings such as the one in the current Wild Rose entry will eventually be replaced by the style of art such as that found within the picture resources. When I rewrite the entry, will it retain its picture? This is merely a curiosity as the picture will not affect the entry, whether it is there or not.

The sun falls from the evening sky,
this life I cannot abide.
The eternal night draws nigh,
I seek the loving embrace of my lost bride.

Korivol Lord of Brukdule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2005, 15:47:00 »

Chchip beastiary, small animals, rodent
Claimed by: Korivol, Lord of Brukdule
Idea/Proposal: A small brown rodent, shaped like a ball. Very agile with strong forelegs. It lives in deserts, underground. It feeds on any desert plant it can find, and will sometimes (but rarly) eat smaller animals.

"Many who live deserve death. And many who die deserve life"- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring

Edited by: Korivol Lord of Brukdule at: 12/15/05 22:48
Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2006, 23:43:00 »

Pheránrhim, Nybelmar, Elf
Claimed by: Dagon
Idea/Proposal: Became a self-sufficient, fully independant and closed society after the War of the Chosen. Were able to maintain a closed society by "scaring" off any adventurers - accompanied by their reknowned abilities with a bow.

EDIT: Until I'm more experienced, I will be "unclaiming" this entry on the Pheránrhim Elves.

Archangels must walk in the Light

Edited by: Dagon Fai Ur at: 1/5/06 17:26
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2006, 09:36:00 »

Fields of Aurium Places, Manthria
Claimed by: Gean Firefeet
Idea/Proposal: The Fields of Aurium are a large expanse of farmer fields east of Ravenport and north of Shneerin. The land is worked by the villagers of Shneerin, with the help of seasonal workers from Ravenport in the harvest months. It's the main source of grain for Ravenport.

040705-110705. My Inspiration.
"I could be bound in a nutshell and still count myself king of infinite space" - Shakespear's Hamlet
Unofficial Typolice of Santharia

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 6/6/06 23:19

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2006, 12:42:00 »

The Armories of the Scarlet Drake
Claimed By: Decipher Ziron
Idea/Proposal: The largest of the weapons and armor stores lining the Great Market of Kárákán, The Scarlet Drake draws customers from all over Nybelmar. Above all, the shop is famous for its halberds and steel throwing knives. The Scarlet Drake has been the city’s most generous benefactor for so long (perhaps to compensate the magnitude of its illegal weaponry traffic, among these the most deadly of Krean poisons and banned Síhítárán glass-stars) that one of the two main residential boulevards was named ‘Scarlet Avenue’ after the armory.

(I will start as soon as my Lukrinam snake is finished)  

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Dagon Fai Ur
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2006, 00:25:00 »

Bitter Creek (Manthrian Province)
Claimed by: Dagon
Idea/Proposal: Small creek that empties into the Adanian Sea. Receives its name from the large amount of salt and minerals present in the water.

-*Dagon Fai'Ur*-

Forgotten One
Reborn in the Light

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2006, 18:36:00 »

“Magic cloth“ (Working Title) Misc
Claimed by: Talia Sturmwind and Vylias
Idea/Proposal The bark of a tree (and other parts of that tree as well) can be proceeded in a cloth which has the magical property to protect from spells which go astray while practising (Ximax students). During the process it has to be „impregnated“ by the mages with the ability to do just that. The amount of magic put in defines how much it protects.
Has to be cleared first with our mages though.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Nsikigan Ho´Tonanese Yourth
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2006, 12:25:00 »

Silk Stone
Claimed by: Nsikigan Yourth
Search Link: Stone Spinning
Details: The process of sewing fine cloth from a rare stone. It is often used by Earth and Dwarven mages. It has the ability to make spells cast by the wearer stronger.

Edited by: Nsikigan Yourth at: 3/19/06 19:26

Nsikigan Yourth, Eyelian extraordinare.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. - The Dark Knight

Wisdom begins in wonder. ~ Socrates

A government in which the majority rule in all cases cannot be based on justice, even as far as men understand it- HD Thoreau

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2006, 15:50:00 »

Nsiki, please don't use my magic idea now after you declined it first, even if you revert it. Allow me and Vylias time to develop our cloth first and then will see what will come out, how we expand it etc. There could well be sideeffects which we have not discovered yet. In addition  - I doubt, that our mages will be happy with your idea.  

Please find another non-magic ability for your silkstone.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 3/19/06 22:55

Rizkul Ralaril

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 April 2006, 13:21:00 »

The Gossip Dog
Claimed by: Rizkul Ralaril
Idea/Proposal: An excellent tracking dog in the Rahaz Zath Desert with abnormally large ears and a large nose. It has keen eyes too and is best used to breed together with the Auturian Hound to get the Sniffer which is a great woodland tracking dog.
The Sniffer Dog
Claimed by: Rizkul Ralaril
Idea/Proposal: This is the result of the crosbreed of Gossip Dogs and Auturian Hounds. They are great wodland trackers and are used by nobles and kings throught the land to sniff out the prey.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1083
Latest: s3bast1an
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 89
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!