Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Main NPC List  (Read 6153 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 02 June 2003, 06:42:00 »

Here's a more detailed, though still tempative NPC list with names, professions, room locations (note that some have other start positions!) and shopping possibilities. NPC locations are especially necessary for various quests we'll have to place in the village. It's not complete yet, but covers the main Nepris area (we still have e.g. a widowers house up north, ordwarven settlements etc.)... Some people are simply titled fisherman by now, but we may give them other professions if necessary. Map is very loosly based on Judy's original concept, but adjustements were mecessary here and there from my point of view. Just let me know if there is something missing (Mimi e.g. needs a home), if want to have other names, and so on.

Gray: Dialogue already done

POOR FARMHOUSE (29)

- Andulf Istherin (Fisherman)
- Meghrin Istherin (Farmer/Fisherman's Wife) + Shop: Fish & Food

Description Andulf Istherin
You see a blonde-haired man with a tan skin color and a full beard. He seems to be in his forties and has a quite friendly impression on you, at least from the first glance.

Description Meghrin Istherin
[...]

DECAYING SHACK (88 )

- Hieronimus Kupfdrubus (Hermit)
- King Thar (Rat)

HERBWOMAN'S HOUSE (44)

- Pelaghia Dorgren (Herbwoman) + Shop: Herbs & Potions
- Mimi Dorgren (Kid)

Description Pelaghia Dorgren
The white haired old woman is wearing a loose gray home spun dress with an off white apron with many stains of varying sizes and colors. Her skin is dusky with many wrinkles showing her years. The white hair is pulled back from her face in a loose braid to the side. She has green eyes that still seem to sparkle despite her obvious age.

Description Mimi Dorgren
Next to the sign sits a little girl on the ground. She seems to be about seven, eight years old, though her small stature may fool you. Red curly hair frames a little pretty looking, but dirty face. Especially around her mouth traces of the meals of today can be seen. But her huge green eyes let you forget the dirt in her face. She wears her worn out dress, which might have been green once like the daughter of the King herself and her lack of shoes come in handy when she gets up and climbs the sign post.

While you are standing to read the sign, she slips down again, holds on to the sign post while turning around it. You recognise, that the sign post turns around with her, not showing properly anymore the direction. In fact, you don‘t have any chance to read it at all. The strong feeling overwhelms you, that this little brat does it deliberately, intending to annoy you.

CONTENDED HOUSE (18 )

- Calmann Narth (Elder)
- Wonbert Narth (Fisherman)
- Tynna Narth (Fisherwife)
- Heina Narth (Kid)

SAD HOUSE (67)

- Candrall Maer (Elder)
- Tiram Vandrell (Young Fisherman)
- Sansha Vandrell (Young Fisherwife)

GROUCHY HOUSE (19)

- Turkan Caelveren (Fisherman)
- Wanja Caelveren (Lost Kid)

PROSPEROUS FARMHOUSE (57)

- Andrus Voltmer (Elder)
- Ilbeth Derkhan (Farmer/Fisherwife)
- Mannef Derkhan (Fisherman) Start: 21
- Pinn Derkhan (Kid) Start: 101

Description Andrus Voltmer
The old man has a high forehead, "adorned" by some unkempt hair, likewise is the full beard he's wearing. His clothes are old and ragged and actually don't fit very well to this beautifully furnished house. Sitting in his rocking chair, the man has his hands wrapped around a walking stick, and looks at you with stern eyes.

Description Ilbeth Derkhan
You see a resolute, buxom woman, whose blonde hair is tied back to a ponytail. She's wearing a red blouse and a worn skirt, which shows races of the meal she's currently preparing. She bustles through the kitchen, doing this and that, re-arranging things and cleaning stains here and there, spreading cooking ingredients all over the place. She appears quite strong as if she'd help out with manual work as well and seems determined to do her work with the necessary care and devotion needed to keep a larger household at bay.

Description Mannef Derkhan
The brownhaired man seems to be in his mid thirties and is a bit small and roundish in stature, but on his face you always see a friendly, though a bit shy grin. Remarkable are his a bit too large nose and the little dimple his right cheeck shows when he's smiling. The man wears leader sandals and a baggy shirt as well as pants of the heavy and sturdy type of cloth with the legs ending just below the knees.

Description Pinn Derkhan
The boy has blonde hair, large blue eyes and a bit of a forlorn expression on his round face. He doesn’t seem much older than six and his main interest seems to lie in playing with his toy.

THRIFTY HOUSE (8 )

- Terlano Anshar (Fisherman) Start: 15

Description Terlano Anshar
You see a rather tall man that is quite thin.  As you approach, he briefly glances your way and you see the characteristic washed out blue eyes from many in this village. He has a long gaunt face with pronounced cheekbones, high forehead with pale brown hair combed straight back and pale skin. On the left cheekbone and curving around the mouth and ending on the chin is an old scar.

The man has on a homespun shirt hanging half way to his knees.  Over this is a brown canvas vest with irregular hand stitched seams.  A pair of light canvas pants come to his knees and sandals cover his feet. He has a dark braided necklace that appears to be made of hair.

PINES HOSTEL (23)

- Lisu Ibbon (Innkeeper)
- Llian Archim (Historian)
- Tendrim Kahlof (Trader) Start: 21
- Dhren Rockfaith (Dwarven Priest) Start: 21

Description Lisu Ibbon
The dark hair and brown eyes make the innkeeper quite a special appearance in the village of Nepris, as he doesn’t look very Avennorian at all. He is sitting behind the counter smoking passionately from a nice wooden carved pipe, reading in his book, barely paying you attention.

Description Llian Aarchim
[...]

Description Tendrim Kahlof
[...]

Description Dhren Rockfaith
[...]

SALTWILLOW TAVERN (21)

- Peppe Tamarian (Tavern Owner)
- Dandra Mareen (Barmaid)

PROVISIONER'S HOUSE (64)

- Akhim Rye (Provisioner) + Shop: This & That

SAD HOUSE (72)

- Hungurt Khand (Smith) + Shop: Weapons & Armour

NEPRIS DOCKS (12)

- Mermaid (appears a bit later in the game)

WIZARD'S HUT(200)

- Thalanis Fizzlefist (Fire Mage)

Description Thalanis Fizzlefist
The short, dirty-blonde man is wearing robes with a few burn holes scattered around his wrists. He's a strange looking guy... his face suggests a thin man, his arms a fat one, and the robes can't tell you anything about his torso. Oh yes, and you can tell why there are burn holes near his wrists. Sparks are dancing around his fingers, which are shaking spasmodically as he speaks.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 11/15/03 19:31

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2003, 23:57:00 »

Hmm, maybe the herbwoman is Mimis mother or grandma, raising her? House 44 would be a logical solution. Or what about the small building behind (43), could this be a little hut as well, where she lives with her mother/grandmother?
Is the herbwoman described already? (Thuja?)

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 6/2/03 7:09:12 am

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2003, 15:07:00 »

As you can see I've started with adding the pics we already have to the names and marking those dialogues which are already done so far (they only need quest additions). I don't have all pictures prepared yet to add them here, but at least 4 of the mentioned characters are drawn already... Will add them soon.

To Talia: Would suggest to put Mimi in 44, yes, with the herbwoman. Don't know what Judy puts in 43, but I'd say it's not necessary to add more families in new houses than we have already. Just remember that all the dialogues need to be written, so we should try to settle for defined amount. 2 thieves will still be added, and various dwarves up north, and e.g. the trader/traveller for a quest, who appears in the course of the game. And that's basically it.

Thuja btw promised to do at least Terlano in the next 2 weeks, but I don't know if Thuja has detailed plans about the herbwoman yet.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2003, 00:21:00 »

Good, she hasn't to be a relative, she could be orphaned as well and the herbwoman has taken her in.

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2003, 12:31:00 »

Ok, did an update with some more pics we already have... Dialogue building people can see here immediately which characters are not done yet. Also artists can take this page as well as a reference to which pics would still be needed and choose something from here in case they are bored;)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2003, 14:23:00 »

Added 2 more pics: Quellion's Meghrin Istherin (former female player pic), and Andrus Voltmer (Faugar).

Terlano dialogue was done now by Thuja, so I marked it grey as well:)  

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2003, 10:47:00 »

I'd suggest using the pale girl with the headscarf picture for Sansha Vandrel instead, Art.   She looks so much younger than Andulf - it's an odd match.  

I picture Meghrin as being darkhaired, with a rather lean face. She should also be ruddy like her husband from years of windburn, and have a few smile wrinkles around her eyes.  

I know that we don't have a character or dialog for the Vandrels yet, but I'd rather not use a picture that doesn't quite match for a concept that's further developed.  We've got some time to pull everything together, and I think I can find - or wait for - a better Meghrin representation, if that's ok!

Nothing against the picture itself, by the way; I just think it would work better for a younger woman than Meghrin.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2003, 10:53:00 »

Oh!  You forgot my mermaid character on the list of NPCs!

I have most of a dialog for her, and for the picture we had thought of using just the head and shoulders from the illustration in the Compendium - I think it's by Enalaya?  It shows a female mer with a mysterious smile and her hair swirling about her shoulders.

Her name is Lassa (for short) - and the intro to her dialog is given below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dialog for the Mermaid Lassa-sha-whii-sa, member of the Yanthian Bay Pod from the Klinsor region – currently swimming off the docks in Nepris...

“You stand at the very end of the wharf,  its rough planks grey and splintery underfoot.  The waves come rolling in, splashing with the always-blowing wind,  and at the edge of the cliff to your left the surf is leaping and foaming.  Over its roar you hear a shriek, as if of a gull calling – but it comes from near your boots, not overhead.  You look down to see a delicate humanoid face gazing up at you out of the water,  lifting and bobbing with the waves as easily as a bubble might.  It lifts its body partly out of the water; dark purplish hair swirling around its shoulders and bosom do not conceal its otherwise unclad feminine curves.  As you gaze in some amazement, a finny tail playfully scoops a dash of salt water towards you, and sharp, inhuman teeth show through the curving lips….”

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2003, 11:04:00 »

Okeydokey, no prob. I've already renamed the picture and moved it to its new destination. The sad house may also fit a bit better, cause Sansha looks a bit disillusioned somehow:)

Mermaid: Sure, sure, these are not all characters at the moment (see statement on the first post of the thread). The usage of the Enayla picture could be problematic though, cause I need to write her about Enayla copyrights anyway. She has changed her general copyright rules to a very strict definition at her homepage as I saw lately, and this contradicts at the moment what we've discussed with her quite a while ago concerning the usage of her works in the Santharian context. She also is practically not reachable anymore through instant messenger and changes her mail address monthly, so it's difficult to actually get an answer from her. But I've already planned to write her a detailed mail to clarify the copyright issue, so expect this to happen very soon.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2003, 09:27:00 »

Art:  Don't we have another mer pic?  The one for Scattersands Shoal, I think?  She is a darkhaired mermaid with a pensive look - and a bare front, but all we need is a head-n-shoulders shot...:lol  

I don't recall which of our talented artists did it, but if he doesn't mind it being cropped and then set into a water background (plenty of waves in that picture already) we would have our "Lassa" illustration!

Also, the rework of my Meghrin picture is fantastic!  I don't dare take any credit for it now - and he's really caught the weariness of a fishwife's life, but the strength and character is there as well.  Please do put it up so everyone can see.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2003, 12:13:00 »

I've just posted the Megrhin pic in the Resources Forum and also added it to the list above... Good to see that the cooperation worked out:D

Mermaid: a) The pic your refer to, Judy, is Quellion's Sirene, which Curgan used lately in his Helcrani myth "The Mermaid's Trail". I guess it's ok to use this pic for the mermaid as well - she has a skull in her hand, but it won't be visible at the crop, so that's would be ok.

b) I'm also awaiting a reply from Enayla concerning copyright issues, but experience showed that this can last quite a while till we'll get an answer... So I'll see what I can do about Enayla's pic, but we'll have a substitute as well now:)

---

Some general note: I've started to updatethe thread above with the descriptions of the people when you EXAMINE them in the game (note that this text needs to be displayed when you know the character already, but also if you don't know him/her name - so no name mentionings here)...

Putting the descriptions in this thread has mainly one purpose: If you already have plans how the character should look like, before he/she is drawn, then post it here, and I'll add it. This way artists can take the descriptions they find here (currently the name alone is not really much), and make a picture according to that description.

First description I've added is the one Thuja just gave me on Perlaghia, the herb woman (see above). So if you have more ideas on how certain people should look like already, please take the time to describe them in a few sentences. You don't actually need to the dialogue for this character later, but having the descriptions gives the artists more possibilities to choose something interesting.

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2003, 12:43:00 »

I already made a sketch for the herb woman a while ago, I'll have to check with the description then.
Judy - I'm glad you like the picture, and it's your picture that I retouched, so I guess we can call it a cooperative attempt :)  

Only         when you awake, will you know you fell asleep..          

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2003, 13:04:00 »

Good, good... If the sketch doesn't fit to the description, we can still make another pic from it. But I hope if we have the descriptions in advance this will make things easier;)  

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2003, 14:15:00 »

Mimi is in the making, but will take another two weeks I think.

***Astropic of the day***

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 25 June 2003, 12:52:00 »

The pic and/or the dialogue? Let me know if you have problems with the dialogue.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]