Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Travel South - need local hsitory help!  (Read 2085 times)
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« on: 15 May 2001, 12:34:00 »

Greetings all ye historians of the Southern Sarvonian Continent, your help would be muchly appreciated. A some of you may know Drafas Tristin will start on an expedition in the Year of Darkness (1649bS) to search for Light and a new home.
However, I have no idea what he will encounter on his trip, and there's many a countryside I know nothing about that the band of travelers will pass through, like a small region of the wood Thaelon.

So here follows a small list of countrysides the travelers will go through, if anyone could point me to a compendium entry detailing the place or give some general information it would be muchly appreciated.

The trip starts in Voldar (information can of course be found in the katya story)
Next follows a small piece of Thaelon woods.
Then the party enters Milkengradian and Helcrani territory (maybe to be found in one of Curgann's entries?)
Illian Plateau
Steppe of Krunswik
Anaios' Gap
After the Vale of Brownies, the party will reach
Chylikis, where it will split in two groups, one going over sea south (ship sinks in a storm), other group taking for the forests
Zeiphyrain Forest
Auturian Woods
Sharadon Forests.
I think from there I can handle it myself ;)  Again, any information appreciated, especially at the beginning of the trip so I can start writing :)  

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2001, 00:00:00 »

Vale of Brownies will be difficult territory to cover...very moutainous.....can do, good idea, but they need to have a reason to go over almost impassible territory rather than around.....I will be more than happy to work with you on details :)

Also, if you pass through the city of Santhala or the surrounding area, this is also the time of the Brownie Scourge led by Arxxt the Ratbrownie :)

Dala has written the most on this time period...any insights, Dala?

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2001, 10:48:00 »

Well um, Katya met the Light Elves who dwell in the Thaelon when she first entered but that's a very rare case if I'm to remember Art's history lessons cause a person could walk through the Thaelon everyday of his life and still not glimpsed a single curled elven ear :)  Of course you can have Drafas meet an elf too if that's relevant to your story, I'm not saying you can't! But if you're just having Drafas pass through quickly through the Thaelon, perhaps spend a night only, then maybe you can have him trying to hunt for food, spied a rabbit or some similiar delicious delicacy and then a whisper brushes against his ear and makes him lose his aim on his crossbow and was it the wind or his imagination but a high sweet voice mumurs 'Let nothing be harmed in my woods'........or stuff like that!!Argh! :O  So sorry but I do get carried away, it's your story!!!!

Basically my advice is, since the South (Amalthea has the conception that Drafas is going there to be a woodcutter or something foolish like that, finding his roots and all that! :lol ) is still very much unexplored, then you pretty much can do or invent whatever you want within reasonable bounds of Santharia history. That's what I do usually :)  I pretty much knew nothing about the Thaelon and Voldar (no city maps available!) when I wrote about them and a lot of the descriptions I created out of my own imagination after consulting whatever information there was about them on the site. From there, I added in other details or stuff and if Art gives the okay, then I continue to write :D  Voila!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2001, 12:24:00 »

Many regions you mention are still to be described, so you have free hand here. We really should try to elaborate on certain geographical parts. Well, we're working from north to south, veeeeery slowly (Voldar, now Nyermersys, and a Compendium entry on the Thaelon should follow somtime from me).

Like Dalá already said: The Thaelon is a very mystical, special forest where in fact the cradle of the world is located. Dalá already used it in her Katya story, so too much mystical encounters wouldn't be good there, because whenever every hero walking in the forest would encounter light elves, this would take the fun out of it - know what I mean?

Voldar already has a Compendium entry, so you can check this.

The Anaios Gap plays an important role in the Diraton story, but that was 789 b.S., so too late.

Guess that's all there is currently. You can also use the new Search function in order to find some references to special words, e.g.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2001, 23:22:00 »

Greybark: they'll prolly go around then, especially after reading through that first part of yer new chapter, but I'll come back to that if my party reaches it (if ever).

Dala: hmmm well I wasn't planning to meet any elves, I wasn't thinking they would just come and meet a few hundred stange gjumans passing through their territory, but we'll see what happens. Will then the rest will be open to me I guess. That makes more eaiser, or more difficult, tis how you look at it.

Art: I'll use that new feature, I guess I can find something useful, I still had to try anyway...

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]