Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: War! What is it good for?! Absolutly nothing...  (Read 5658 times)
Xenos Ravenbeack

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 01 July 2001, 11:54:00 »

opened up this thread for the little war me and koldar are planning out.

lets start at the beggining... who pissed off who to get this whole deal up and running?

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2001, 16:19:00 »

Will have to elaborate this together with Nybelmar but the most natural would be that Aca-Santerra was threatening R'unorian grain imports and so a war started that was mainly lead on sea and several islands.
Some way of escalation might be good ending in a personal incident finally causing the war.

Somewhere in the bloodshed R'unor decided to use the Firelance Machine to 'clean' up one island after the other but that was not helping much as despite big losses at land (because of this nice item killing whole garrisons without any chances to defend) the Aca-Santerran navy was starting to ruthlessly use their size-advantage to drive the R'unorians back who got some problems as their smaller fleet came under constant fire.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2001, 18:31:00 »

Sounds resonable... although this whole incedent ending in a stalemate and a non-aggressions pact is most relistic. to my best knowlage Aca-santerra has no airial cpabilities correct?

Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2001, 11:13:00 »

:D  Love the topic. please continue, can't hold my laughter. *grins more* Pen and paper war is so much more fun :)  

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2001, 11:49:00 »

okay lets see here... how could R'unors grain supply be threatened?

A blocade arounf the south eastern end of the islands? Piracy maybe? encoraged(or at least ignored) bye aca-santerra?

as for the personal incedent either an assasination or insult to high ranking R'unorian official... something along those lines?

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2001, 01:12:00 »

>>>UPDATED POLITICAL MAP OF THE CONTINENT!<<<

www.freespeech.org/santha...r(pol).jpg

The wide dots leading away from R'unor in a wide curve is the huge Wernam Archipelago whose form and size is still unconfirmed...
Aca-Santerra's mainlands is their portion on the continent itsself and the nearest bigger islands, where they also have a dense population.

Now, when in Loreney a revolution took place or the kingdom was weakened otherwise and Aca-Santerra was seeking more influence there, R'unor might have felt one of its most important trade partners is in danger and an escalation might occur.

Fightings would then take place eventually at some places in Loreney (Civil War with both empires supporting the other side?), along the coast (not too much but perhaps one major battle that forced R'unor to cancel their invasion of Aca-Santerran mainland) and on the High Seas for important island outposts in the Wernam.

Hope you can make something with this suggestions and rough Infos. Suggestions on the countries of Nybelmar might be also welcomed as they're except one or two rough ideas completely undeveloped...

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 7/16/01 6:15:17 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2001, 01:27:00 »

Sketch looks very nice, Kolar! Very informative:)  But what are those hundreds white points on the right side? Are they all isles?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2001, 10:30:00 »

oh this is looking better by the second. I'd opt for civil war with R'unor suporting the current government and Aca-Santerra suporting the reble factions. Aside from Grain's(rye wheat and barely? or is it diffrent here than in our world?) here are some hastely done trade stats

~Imports(in order of relitive quantity)
1Grain
2Fruit
3Iron Ore
4wood
5Unprocessed wool
6other metals
7other food stuffs

~Exports(in relitive quanity)
1Expensive Highquality Clothing
2High Quality Cloth(silk, fine linens, special processed wools)
3Glass Bottles/decorative Objects
4Dyes
5swords polarms axe's other non-mechainical weapons
6Crossbows, other more complex mechanical weapons
7other finished goods(furniture, tools etc.)

Now at first it will be financial suport, then wepondry,followed by a small number of troops.

With both sides in a strugle over this nation anything could set them into open war with each other... assasination of R'unorian empress?(there by starting the Flameseer dynasty?)

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2001, 12:17:00 »

Please check the entry of Loreney if the relation Loreney<-> R'unor suits you. The close bounds between these nations might be a good point to start. Aca-Santerra might feel threaten through this.

Is R'unor interested in colonial affairs? When I'm developing northern Wernam should R'unor possess some of their closest islands?

Although some contributions on Loreney would be fine, to have a good battlefield! :)
IMO we need a geographical map of Loreney first before we can decide how to start this war. Perhaps I can make a closeup of this region and then we might add geographical details and cities.

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 7/15/01 12:04:05 pm
Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2001, 15:23:00 »

okay civil war... manipulated by aca-santerra and R'unor... now how did the civil war start and what if the first battle in the R'unorian/aca-santerran war?

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2001, 21:03:00 »

R'unor Guy : Hey, watch where you're going, dickweed!

Aca-Santerra Guy : Who're you calling a dickweed, you fathead.

R'unor Guy : Fathead?? That's the best you can come up with, you scum that can be found on the bottom of my boot??

Aca-Santerra Guy : At least I knew who my father was!

R'unor Guy : At least MY mother knew who MY father was!

Aca-Santerra Guy : Okay, that's it, this is WAR!

R'unor Guy : You wanna piece of me, c'mon!!!!

Aca-Santerra Guy : The question you should be asking is are you feeling lucky today, are ya, are ya, punk??'

( and so the Great Civil War begun.....kinda :lol  )

Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2001, 22:26:00 »

Okay I'll get to writing an entry when I get back but for now heres a little bit of R'unorian military stucture

<<Gaurds Council:supream High Comand
<Fleet of the Dominion:Primary R'unorian Military force(navy, overly dramatic name)
<Deconstructionist wing: Special weapons, ground and airial units,  heavy weapons(levelers/the firelance machine) black ops. ,recon, etc.
<Enforcment wing: MPs, anserable to no one exept council, small in numbers and generaly "not nice people", deterent to anybody thinking about defection, cold and effecient

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2001, 10:32:00 »

:lol  Dalá's proposal somehow sounds plausible...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 July 2001, 20:36:00 »

aerial units:
careful on the technology on this one. We are medeival. Should be either magic based, or animal based, or at most some kind of glider like Vale Brownies use, or a foot powered unwieldy mess of gears....

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 July 2001, 15:30:00 »

AFAIK Xenos had only Lurkers and blimps (stationary) in mind. Lurkers are large bugs and the blimps immflameable so I think this is still manageable...

...currently I'm elaborating the Loreney map. Sadly it don't look like Art's maps but not bad, either. So what should I do?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]